12-15 Game Update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GuhMaster2512, Dec 14, 2016.

1. GuhMaster2512

Some notable items within the update include:
    - NSX Masamune rocket launcher
    - Fujin throwing knife: reward for completing the NSX Expert Tier Directive
    - Rocklet Rifle
    - Holiday Event begins
    - Amaterasu buff
    - Doku Armor
    - Some sort of Depot change
    - Bug/Performance fixes
    • Up x 3
  2. JKomm

Don't forget MAX Havoc, Sigma, and Darkstar armours.
    • Up x 3
  3. CrimsonEclipse5

I'm interested in the bugfix for VS MAX resistances. Does that mean my victim complex when using my MAX was not unfounded? By how much was it gimped?
    • Up x 1
  4. Liewec123

i'm hopping onto PTS to check out some of this,
    awesome update! :D

they're getting quite a bit of cash from me today!
    i'll be buying the NC and VS max armours (the TR is awesome too, i just really like ogre armour)
    i'll be buying the HA new armour on my TR
    and ofcourse its Gold *ahem* Solid Metallic Yellow day too! :p
    • Up x 2
  5. FieldMarshall

Cool :D

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  6. stalkish

Is it!!
    I thought id missed that.
    Thanks for the info! :D
  7. kr47er

yeah, we'll see if they finish maintenance before the day ends :D
  8. TheSunlikeOne

Last time I checked PTS, this thing was shreding MAXes with ease. I wonder, if live version has changed.
  9. CrimsonEclipse5

I literally just bought Ogre armour on my VS MAX yesterday. Damnit. If the new one is good enough then I guess DBG just get more money from me too... I'll keep my mushroom hat though.
  10. GuhMaster2512

They either gave a damage nerf, or the max a resistance buff. Now, if all four rockets land, it does damage about equal to a decimator shot.
  11. The Shady Engineer

No hardlight barrier yet huh. Ah well, at least our resident jetpack enthusiasts finally got the rocklet rifle. :D
    • Up x 1
  12. The Shady Engineer

Quickly wanted to chime in on the performance boost. Long story short, it is amazing. Smaller fights my fps is a steady 120 and in 96 vs 96 bio lab/point room fusterclucks is is a steady 60-70 whereas before it was in the 45 ballpark.

Still had a few random frame drops of 10 or so fps but they're way less frequent to the point of not being noticeable.

Major props, Daybreak.