100m headshots with the butcher?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by entity009, Dec 15, 2016.

1. entity009

Several times I have run into players who can kill me very fast at pretty long ranges with the butcher. I hear multiple headshot plinks during the barrage. I am just curious as to how this is possible due to the butcher being based on the t9 which is insanely innacurate. At around 50m the t9 has a shotgroup about 5 ft wide in bursts...how am i getting waxed by this gun at those ranges? I 100% expect to be wrecked in close combat by the gun but when im killed by a headshot barrage at long range by it it leaves me ?????

Any butcher users care to enlighten me? Is it that much more accurate than the standard t9?
  2. Mirta00

In b4 'lies' 'video proof plz' 'there are no hacks in ps2' and everything else the laughable denialists post.

You really think people are that skilled with lmgs? haha. Oh dear. Why even bother having sniper rifles and other weapons in the game at all? Especially when some high br's can reliably countersnipe constantly with an unscoped sidearm whilst soaking whole magazines of fire. Wouldnt be so noticeble if the friendly HA's to the right and left didnt die in seconds compared to their seemingly god like immortality lol.

Sometimes I miss the game. Others I remember how woefully naive this community is and just giggle myself to death.

Some of it is latency ofcourse. High ping seems to generate the 'instant kill' effect. Problem is you can exploit it if you know how, and its not just using latency to your advantage most of the time either. A lot are lagswitching now, few people I used to play with were boasting about it recently. Weird stuff.
    • Up x 1
  3. entity009

I know what chunk dmg is when im hit by it. The situations i speak of here are definately not chunk dmg. Im talking a short burst or 2 that include several seperate headshot plinks.

It just leaves me wondering because when i shoot the t9 i find it to be very hard to do any reliable amount of dmg with past 20-30 yards.

This is not a salty hackusation post, just a query of the butchers performance and a question as to how its being done.
    • Up x 1
  4. YouWannaGetHigh

After seeing all the hacking videos about hitboxes and all, those 'pros' just lost all of their talent in my eyes.
    I've seen a group of NC players, one of them instagibbed anyone with the SAS-R. Literally. It was a 25 vs 5 fight, that one guy with the SAS-R could kill 2 people who are standing in exact opposite corners in 2 shots. Both to the head, both within the moment chambering is done.
    The other 4 were HA's, who as you all know, could tank every bullet, had perfect aim in all ranges and had the power to leave you - what the f*ck just happened? I've played this game a lot, I know how much damage I can withstand and when I will die, against these 'pros', that feeling doesn't exist. Because literally you are dead before you can even feel anything. You get out of cover, you hear the headshot notifiers just ALARMING because you get hit with about 4 headshots at the same time, you are dead.
    Whoever reads this, most probably knows what I'm talking about because they've all been there. That frustation when this one guy is just unkillable and instagibbes anyone.
    But hey let me cheer you up, that guy is either a hacker (which is a pretty high probability) or he has no life and plays this game 24/7, trains aiming from other programs (I've seen those in the internet, aiming training/reflex training) and just literally puts his whole life into this. So when you see somelike alike, you can just redeploy to somewhere else with the relief that at least you're not a hacker and you have a life.
  5. DasAnfall

6. DeadlyOmen

You were killed. Relax, and respawn.
  7. C0smos

So many noobs crying for cheats theses days, this is cancer. Even more cancerous than hackers lol

OP why didn't you asked thoses questions to that player who killed you instead of asking here, forumside full of victim syndrom kids ? Most of vets will answer you in game. I do it too and i'm glad to answer and help. Far better than a rage tell.

I myself headshots players at long range, it happens sometimes, the box is so tiny, if you burst well you have chances of doing some headshots.
    I personnaly don't own the butcher but i have the carv auraxium, and it's far more accurate than most ppl think. Assuming the butcher is a Carv variante, it doesn't surprise me some guys have good accuracy .
  8. Towie

Well I wasn't the original poster but I came across this guy the other night who cleared a room of us extremely quickly - seemed to be chaining headshots. I was suspicious.

So then I checked his killboard - http://ps2.fisu.pw/killboard/?name=ns15ae - and see that virtually every kill is a headshot with whatever weapon he chooses. Take the Gauss Saw, a fine weapon but not a headshot king (21% is the average). Of his last 20 kills with it, 17 were headshots.

Check out the HSR across his other weapons - http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/NS15AE#wstats

His accuracy is above average but not truly remarkable - however - when he does hit something, it's invariably in the head. What a guy...
  9. Eternaloptimist

IDK the answer but I can say that short bursts allow recoil recovery and CoF reset. Compensator and foregrip help accuracy (does the Butcher come with those things?) and after I learned recoil management and burst discipline I never found the T9 to be hard to control.

On the other hand, BattlEye does not ban hackers - it reports them. So I guess someone could still be taking a chance on DBG not catching up with them unitl they've read all the reports.

I doubt hacking though. I have killed a planetman I could barely see with a Jaguar (he was at least 70m away) . I was high up the side of a Tech Plant waiting for tanks to come out through the spawn shield and saw this guy hiding in rocks. I plinked him three or four times while he jigged around trying to find who was shooting at him.

I got a headshot bonus too but that was pure luck as I was pleased I managed to hit him at all, although some pro players in this game are head shot machines.
  10. breeje

i love my butcher ARX it in no time
    100 meters all head shots is not possible for me but i get my first 2/4 bullets to the head and be able to drop the opponent fast with following up body shots, all with 1x scope
    once you know how the recoil of the butcher works, it's the best all rounder in the TR arsenal
    and since it handle so close to the other weapons i needed to ARX, i already had the muscle memory

for the 1x scope, it's just as easy to get head shots with it as a 4x scope
    the only difference is, you need to aim at a smaller head but you have less kick from the gun
    the butcher works even better for me with no scope
    if my target stands still i reliably shoot all head shots up to 50 meters with the butcher
    so VS and NC players, please stand still when i shoot at you :D
    ( i can do the same thing with the gauss saw ) ;)
  11. DasAnfall

His stats aren't that great. In fact, I saw darkelf dumpster him several times on stream yesterday despite being rusty.

His outfit leads me to believe he's playing with a pretty high ping to the server. While I wouldn't go so far as to say that provides an advantage, it can usually make it seem like his damage is coming in chunks or all at once due to the nature of clientside.

The only thing that stands out is the absurd HSR. However, his other stats are quite low.

I highly doubt he's hacking. If he was the alt of a good player I would expect things such as KPH and weapon KDR to be higher.
  12. Eternaloptimist

Actually you've made an interesting point there which never ocurred to me when posting my comment. It is only if the kill shot is to the head that it is shown as a headshot in the records.They don't all have to land on the head.
  13. Gundem

Looks to me like he's padding HSR exchanging it for accuracy and KPH, while playing overly defensively so he can control the engagement better. His best KPH doesn't even break 70, and while I wasn't the best player before(Now I'm on a laptop, dicking around with commissioners and AE Archers 90% of the time :( ), I could at least hit a 90kph on my best performing weapons, and in a good session I could hit a good 140kph easily.

His accuracy is also fairy abysmal in regard to an elite player actually, 27% accuracy means only about 1.28/4 shots are landing, meaning that even if every single shot he hit was a headshot, his TTK would only be around that of a player with a 60% true accuracy, that only got bodyshots. A player with a 60% true accuracy, with a 40% accuracy but half their shots were headshots would be a much more formidable player. Of course that doesn't consider what his own true accuracy is, but the fact that his LPK is also consistent with an average player is consistent with the original hypothesis, he's padding headshots via careful engagement selection and overzealous aim at the head.

And Dankelf is really still playing? I thought he quit a while ago :eek:
  14. Ziggurat8

It's impossible to fake accuracy. Under no circumstances can you fire rounds into the wall to lower your accuracy.
    It's impossible to fake KPH and SPM. Under no circumstances can you log in and afk at the warpgate.

Cause, you know. If I was a cheater and didn't want to look like one on the stat boards there is no way I could dumb down my cheater stats. Stats cannot lie and I would always have 90% accuracy, 1000SPM and 240KPH.

Uh huh.
    • Up x 1
  15. Masyaka

I can put 1-2 headshots from distance and finish with bodyfire using NS weapons. I have encountered many "lifeless" pros with MSR-W and Betlegeuses instagibbing me. (As you know, Betlegeuse has 750 RPM and these scums still manage to 4-headshot)
  16. entity009

I am talking about a situation where I encounter another heavy at a distance of 50+m. We both fire at each other and I hear several headshot plinks go off on me during the 1-2 s engagement. I would be firing the gd22 which is insanely accurate at that range and i am out dpsd by a weapon that cant land 2 bullets within 3 feet of eachother past 50m. Maybe if its tap fired it could be more accurate but as i said this is a 1-2s engagement not a prolonged tap fire battle.

My original question was how can the butcher (t9 carv variant) reliably land a large % of headshots past 50m and out dps a gun designed for mid-long range combat? I understand its possible in a occasional situation but ive encountered several players who can do it consistently.

It is not a hackusation i am seriously asking t9 carv and t9 butcher users here: How is this possible?

Go into VR pull the T9 carv and fire it at 50+m targets and tell me if you think it can win against another player shooting an accurate gun back at you.
  17. Towie

Or maybe he is totally average and uses the bloaty-head hack to ensure most of his actual hits are headshots ? Just a thought...ultimately we may never know, just seems strange that someone who is so mediocre in everything else has outrageous HSR.
  18. DasAnfall

Some people just want to pad HSR by only aiming at the head, and they sacrifice things such as KDR and KPH for it. There's actually a lot of people that do it, this just seems to be an extreme example.

Not sure why you would want to however
  19. Ziggurat8

On the PS4 there are maybe 15-20 guys who are absolute gods amongst planetmans. Players capable of feats that call for actual accusations of omghacks. Which is what you would expect. Less than 0.1% of all the players to ever play planetside2 on PS4. There are plenty of really good players, hundreds and hundreds of average and the rest are noobs.

PS4, up until a month ago had no hardware advantage (some guys used a mouse emulator, it's hard to say how much difference it makes, the very best player I know says he uses thumbsticks with extenders and maxed out sensitivity) PS4 as far as I know is also impossible to hack and use PSN (be online)

So why does it seem like there is such a disparity between the 2 versions?

Are all the corporate sponsored MLG players really playing planetside2? Scores and scores of gaming gods walking amongst the plebs? Or is it really that easy to cheat on PC? Anyone who wants to get an edge can go to a website, pay $20 and cheat their *** off? Or is it just a witch hunt? People know it's possible to cheat so the second someone seems just a little too good they cry hacker?

Anyway you slice it it makes for a poor game. People want to know their competition is playing fairly. If DBG can't do something to instill confidence in the game, in battleeye, people will just stop playing. Which would be very unfortunate.