1000cert for Weapon or AV?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by FallenCrusader, Nov 8, 2013.

1. FallenCrusader

So Im saving up to 1000cert and want to invest into engineer. Should I get primary weapon(VX6-7 or any suggestion) or AV. My playstyle is to engage in fight while support others. For weopon range I like close to mid range.
  2. teks

Av turret is mentioned in a balance patch for this month, so its a good idea to wait and see what they do with it unless you want to do lame things with it while you can. Honestly, unless your abusing exploits with the turrets its a mediocre weapon b/c you cant dodge while using it. It'll be very easy for them to nerf too much and make it useless.

I'd avoid the Solstace SF for the same reasons. The UBGL already has a million conditions to balance its use, and if they do anything more it'll probably not be worth using. The solstace SF is a terrible weapon outside its ability to use grenade launchers.

I'd suggest a shotgun. Either the fast reload, or the automatic. Even if your behind enemy lines, when someone breaks through you'll be happy you have such amazing stopping fire. It owns anything inside 8 meters or so.

The serpent is another fine weapon that is far cheaper. I like the vx6-7, but its not worth the price tag vs the serpent right now.
  3. Cromell

If you plan on spending 1k certs on a gun, you might as well get something that you'll be able to use on all classes. Shotgun or SMG of your liking, or one of the NS revolvers are great ways to spend your certs - with one purchase you'll be able to equip all or most of your classes.
  4. FallenCrusader

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd would wait to see how the patch go. ;)
  5. Amarsir

Well in the meantime ... do you have Tank Mines and Stick Grenades yet? Because if you don't mind making it a suicide run, Mine/Mine/Sticky is a much more reliable way of killing a Sunderer or other stationary vehicle than solo setting up an AV turret. (And to a guy like me with a talent for bouncing grenades off a guy's head, sticky is much better than default frags anyway.)

And I don't think you should let potential patching scare you off of the UBGL, which is fun. The only context in which it might be overpowered is that Engineers can resupply themselves and it goes through spawn shields like a grenade or rocket doesn't. But those aren't the reasons to get it anyway. The best cases for the grenade launcher are hurting Maxes, punishing surprise packs, and shooting while in the air. (The latter more relevant for LA.) And they'd have to be way outside the curve to nerf any of that. (Which I admit is still possible.)

That said, I'm sure there are other good things to spend 1k on. I'm a terrible sniper but I LOVE infiltrating with my Sirius. Or shotguns are useable on the other 4 classes if you know you're in close quarters.

Or, just a thought: Max ZOE lvl 1 (150) + Cosmos AI right arm (250) + Kinetic 1 & 2 (350) = 750 certs and you're ready to be on the other side of some repairs for a while...
  6. Rikkit

:D stickys are sometimes just awesome. if you can manage to stick it to a "spawnromm-warrior" he maybe goes inside to prevent the damage of the nade and will kill a lot of others in the spawnroom
    • Up x 2
  7. BuggerRat

Nothing wrong with "spawn room warrioring" (me guilty of being one plenty of times :p ) but I do agree that its hilarious when you manage to pull it off.
    If OP plans on doing this then my advice would be aim for the MAXs; they've got more surface to stick on and they always step back inside the spawn room for repairs. My personal best currently is 1 MAX and 2 engi's and would love to hear of others best scores :D