1000 certs, what to get?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kurohagane, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Kurohagane

Now that i've hit 1k again, i am considering spending it on something. Any suggestions?

"should-have" items that i've got:

- Eridani
    - Rocket pods (pretty much a fully certed scythe while we're at it)
    - AV turret
    - Lasher
    - Serpent
    - G2A lock-on
    - NW4 on all classes
    - Solstice SF with UBGL
    - Double C4 on my LA
    - Tank mines on my engineer
    - Double comets, double AI for my max, and first level of ZOE
    - Commissioner
    - BA rifle
    - HV something for the medic, as well as NS-11A

Things i'm looking into:

- SVA-88
    - Sirius/NS PDW
    - Certing into another vehicle

Any more suggestions?
  2. IamDH

Cert your lamerider
    • Up x 1
  3. Necron

Decimator to kill those pesky ZOE... oops.
  4. Morpholine

Grab a Lancer.

True VS rock the Lasher/Lancer/Beamer nostalgia load out.
  5. Crayv

I would say a Lancer, SMG, more ranks of ZOE (one less bullet less to kill may not sound like much but remember most ranks of nanoweave simply make it so it takes 1 more bullet to kill).

If you play with friends/outfit a lot also cert up a mag or a harhar. If you are mainly solo put points into a Lightning. Sure it's a bit "obsolete" since Harassers have been added but it still only takes 1 person to use, it doesn't take damage from small arms, and it has a very strong auto-repair. Also it's not like you are any less an infantry unit while in one. A HA in a Lightning is still a HA (take advantage of that auto-repair), so you can use to get a couple of kills/take out base turrets before jumping out and fighting normally.
  6. Kurohagane

I don't really use the max too much. I think ZOE lvl 1 is enough.

After some thought, i'll either go with the Lancer or cert lightning/magrider.
  7. daniel696

Just one advice, don't get the NS PDW. Cert a vehicle.
  8. Unclematos7

Fron your list I would say SVA-88.
  9. Pikachu

It's not like it kills with 1 hit. The difference is negligible.

On topic:
    * If you play lots of engineer and like to use turret the AV turret is a great thing. Needs no more certs to be good.
    *G2A rocket shooter is the most versatile. Able to lock into aircraft is really nice and it has higher speed than other rockets making it best for shooting infantry. It might take 1 more rockets to destroy a tank compared to default.
    * If you plan on using comets for both infantry and vehicle then it's questionable since they are getting stupid infantry damage nerf on test server, got it in august.
    * Any gun with UBGL will give you lots of kills and ease combat.
  10. Kurohagane

The list up there is the things that i already have. I made it to stop everyone from telling me to get the sirius.
  11. velleity

Bang for buck - sirius - you can use it on 4 classes

- Eridani - you won't use this after you auraxium this. if that is what you are doing.
    - Rocket pods - if you fly you should
    - AV turret - i hardly use mine
    - Lasher - this gun is rubbish. it does nothing something else doesn't do better. its basically for sanc rave light shows,
    - Serpent - if you have a sirius you dont need it. or if you have a vx6-7
    - G2A lock-on - you will hardly ever use it and get no xp worth mentioning. its one of those leave it for later
    though the nemesis works great.
    - NW4 on all classes - atm a must have, but your mileage may differ after the head shot mod is in place.
    - Solstice SF with UBGL - if you are on connery, ill show you where i set up on the north pad.
    - Double C4 on my LA
    - Tank mines on my engineer - nice for later.
    - Double comets, double AI for my max, and first level of ZOE - you need all 5 levels of zoe to be worth it, get comets and use your max run. zoe is getting nerfed
    - Commissioner - this is good
    - BA rifle - battle rifles are garbage
    - HV 4-5 - you can solo two HAs with this gun back to back.
  12. Kurohagane

13. velleity

it should be obvious, I don't read newbie threads closely or their look alikes. so if you want to be addled
    don't get the sirius.
  14. MaCritz

Well, not everyone knows how to use the lasher.. For those who enjoy using it, cheers.. for those who don't, shame..

Personally, the lasher is by far the best 1000 certs I've ever spent.. Fact...
  15. Liquid23

10x flashlights
  16. Morpholine

So far, the Lasher is the only weapon that continually draws me back to using it after hitting Auraxium.

It's a sub-par general carry weapon, but in the situations where it rocks, I want no other weapon in my hands. And when you can get several users working together with them, they're very hard to stop.
  17. Lancener

I'm currently saving 1000 and just stacking on top of that, waiting for the new snipers and hoping they aren't terrible.
  18. Kurohagane

I am looking for new playstyles, not just stronger versions of the same things. I've already played for long with the eridani, and have used the sirius on trial and while it is better (atleast by me) i that is not what i seek. Furthermore i am not, obviously, a newbie. Considering i have quite the arsenal for a free to play player and have BR 63.