1000 certs, Lasher or Lancer?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by MiniSentrygun, Sep 14, 2014.

1. SJAC

Eridani wins at hipfire. If you are addicted to ads then you can just use Orion and be happy. I find big advantage to be very precise and mobile when hipfiring to headshots as HA. Also I hate shotguns. So if I want extreme cqc I take defensive approach and also eridani. Best setup is ALS, spa , nv/x1 and no barrel.

Eidolon is best with x2, HVA, grip. I skip barrel . I do hipfire with Eidolon if forced in cqc by unexpected indie or LA and win fights.

Yes, I do not love those barrel attachments. They kill what I love in weapons I use.
    • Up x 1
  2. Bl4ckVoid

"The Lasher is great, but that doesn't mean you'll rack up kills."

Lol. Some people do not know how to use this and then complain that it is bad. Lasher has indirect fire and should be used for that. It also has very good hipfire in CQC. Yes, you can win 1 vs 1: indirect fire. Shoot before you see the enemy and keep shooting after retreating to cover.

With the server merge + lattice now practically every fight is a zerg fight. This is where the Lasher shines. Go to places where you can quickly retreat and where you are not in the frontlines and not harassed constantly by the enemy. This means: tower landing pads (good when tower is infested by enemy LA), towers, any hilltop. As a first choice, go to where your side's snipers are. Other places include chokepoints, stairs, etc. Then just fire away at the enemy or even suspected enemy position. It is insanely effective in every zerg fight.
    Always strafe. Use extended magazine and 2x reflex. In cqc hipfire downwards and move around a lot. Main enemy is snipers, so move, move, move. Suit selection is important too, for long range usually the advanced shield capacitor is best, as snipers will target you and you will have to retreat. Getting back sooner is good. The other useful suit is flak armor as it will halve your self-damage in CQC. Also use flak when enemy vehicles are abundant. NW - not too useful IMHO with the Lasher.

Lasher is also best to kill enemy infiltrators as you can afford to find and kill them with the splash damage hit indicator.
  3. Bl4ckVoid

And of course my choice between these 2 is the Lasher.

The Lancer is good for engaging armor at range in large battles where many people shoot at the enemy. You will basically get assists and some rare kills. Very situational and not very rewarding. The charge-up mode is totally useless most of the time, because snipers will kill you while charging up (you can negate with HA shield, but it is not worth it to waste your shield for this).

The other possible use for the Lasher is against Harasser which are too fast for normal rockets, but getting a kill is a huge challenge.
  4. cruczi

Lancer is also good versus air, arguably better than lock-ons if you have half decent aim. Can hit libs and galaxies near render range with some practice. It's a great way to complete the HA air deterrence directive :)
  5. lawn gnome

LASHER

it is way more fun and it encourages you to think much more tactically since as a straight 1v1 weapon it generally sucks, but with proper use in large fights a single lasher in the right place can completely turn the tide of battle.

the lancer is good, but it is basically an AV sniper rifle and much more boring to use in my opinion.
  6. Drag0

The Lasher is so much garbage and can only be used in very rare situations - and even then r-***** on your side run in front of the huge disco balls more than the enemy at times.:confused:

Lancer is great - some good advice only charge your first shot then rapid shot the rest of the clip. Unless they do not move after the first blast - but most move pretty quick after taking one amp'd up shot.
  7. lawn gnome

another one of the unenlightened masses.
  8. Linheru

By itself, the Lancer is kinda meh. A squad of lancers though, is pure unadultered OP. Grab a gal and a few mates, and you can wreck entire vehicle zergs from such a safe distance that they can't even return fire.
  9. Stormsinger

Lasher:
    Not an effective 1v1 weapon - best used for suppression. Tie this to the spotter implant, fire into a room, and listen to the certs multiply in a cacophonous cascade. Limited usefulness in anything but the largest fights: If you play on Emerald, go for it.

Lancer: Infinite annoyance vs vehicles at any range, just don't expect to take anything out yourself - excellent for getting assists and adding a bit of firepower. Used in groups at the appropriate range, you can flatten virtually anything.
  10. Morpholine

The Lasher is best used at ~100 meters from grouped opponents, from above. Or in coordinated groups. Then, it's godly. It's rarely going to win any one-on-one hug-fights.

The Lancer is about on-par with dumbfires as an every-day carry option (especially with good aim), losing out some on quick alpha damage, but making up on overall vehicle damage capacity carried by a single soldier. Harassers, moving Flashes, and ESFs are the hardest to land shots on. Everything else is relatively simple. In groups, you can create a 700 meter radius no-vehicle zone.

Both are worth picking up and using, and a whole lot of fun.
  11. Predator01cz

I think you missed out on the ZOE and PPA era for most Vanu experience.
    However I like Lasher for its uniqueness, nothing changes the fact that it's a weapon for n00blords.
    Go with Lancer.
  12. NoctD

It really isn't - the Lasher is an excellent weapon and used properly you can run around with it all day long. The Lancer is pure garbage to me because its just not effective without focus fire group usage.

I truly suggest watching all of Wrel's excellent video on the Lasher if anyone is considering one.

Get the 250 cert Nemesis for your carry around launcher instead.
  13. lawn gnome

n00blords? since when? a large portion of the forums seems to believe it is entirely useless. if i am able to thrive with a "useless" weapon then doesn't that make me at least somewhat better than average?