[Suggestion] 1-way shield module that expires?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, May 17, 2023.

1. AntDX316

1-way shield module that expires every 1:30-2 minutes would be balanced instead of 2-way?
  2. Krotos

Or just revert to the old construction system. This is easily the worst update I’ve ever seen released.
    • Up x 3
  3. ToxicToast

What is wrong with 1 way indefinitely? Previously, you just shoot the forcefield and it eventually collapses leaving infantry exposed. Walls are so squishy in their current state, it might give a fighting chance if we could fire back at those shooting us. 1 ANT can take your base down while you are away dropping off a router or at a fight. 1 lightning 900 meters away can snipe your walls, add another and 2 lightnings can snipe your walls even while you repair them.

The only reason I play is to build bases and make grand fights, with the current version of the construction system, this will be nearly impossible. Something tells me a lot of builders are not happy with these changes, at least from some of the people I have spoken with.
    • Up x 1
  4. DobryiPupok

[
    It was nothing wrong.

Also we need to bring back AI Turret and invincible walls, towers and silo (while under repair module), also old skyshield, which burns enemies or at least EMP them.

All this old good stuff - is absolutely not overpower. I played alot till 2018 and i know the real statistics of bases survivability. Approximately 80-90% of all bases couldn't survive seriouse attacks, and only around 10% could sustain less or more long big fights.
    The statistics - in the one of main things that must be considered when we think about changes in constructions. It is absolutely normal when destroying 80-90% of all bases does not require too much effort, but at the same time, 10% of the bases are very persistent.

Statistics clearly show us that everything was fine with the bases.