1 live Event

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stalin, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Stalin

Do you want to have 1 live event sometimes? it will be funny :cool:
    Players have only 1 live. But they have few hours to take bases. >:}
  2. Pikachu

You mean alerts with special rules?
  3. Moridin6

itd have to be a sign up thing, i log on and die once and get told i gotta wait an hour im gonna trip
  4. Demigan

I think literal 1 life is a bad concept. However there are other ways to do it.

For instance: The alert starts, and any player that joins that continent within the first 10 minutes (or is already there) gets a "mark" on them. As long as you have that mark, you can capture points. If you respawn you lose that mark and can't capture points anymore. This means revival is an option to retain your mark. However, if you redeploy you will lose your mark, this means that travel options are incredibly important.
    You can remain in a painfield, friendly or otherwise, for a maximum of 2 minutes at a time without losing your mark. That's enough time to get out of a warpgate or change classes inside a spawn without losing your mark. This is to prevent players spawn-camping or hiding out in the warpgate.
    Anyone with a mark is visible to your allies so you can protect them. If you spot an enemy with a mark you also see a different IFF dorito above them so you know he's still got a mark.
    When there's less than 33% of your team left with a Mark, you will start dealing heavily reduced damage when using friendly-fire against them to prevent people from faction-switching to finish off hostile marked players.
    A faction that loses every marked player on the continent will not be able to win the alert anymore. If only one faction remains with marked players they automatically win.
    If a base contains a marked hostile player you can see it on the map, so players know what base a marked player is hiding just not where exactly.

What will this do?
    Players will have 1 life to be able to capture points. As the alert progresses each faction has fewer people available that can capture points. Players that have died and lost their mark can either start hunting hostile marked players or defend friendly marked players to the point. Area control is incredibly important before a marked player can safely be brought in to capture the point. Transportation of the marked players is an important factor, and getting them safely across any terrain is important.
    When the alert starts, players who don't want to go through the trouble of keeping themselves safe will quickly die and just do their thing. Players that do want to keep themselves alive and act as VIP's can find ways to keep themselves alive long enough for them to become important on the battlefield as fewer and fewer people can capture points, after which a whole set of tactics is necessary to keep them safe while still bringing them into bases to (re)capture points.
    There's a lot of rules to prevent griefing necessary, but I think it would work wonderfully.