1 hit dead

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fraper, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Fraper

At start i wanna say that im not playing this game for to long 1-1/5 month but for the past few days i noticed freaking odd stuff going on like teleporting ppls (yes you know about who do i talk and before you start **** talking that werent lags as other ppls around behaved normaly and my ping doesnt go above 50), but i also noticed in those past few days things that didnt happened to me earlier like being one hit shoted by any weapon in the game (and i do not talk about sniper riflfes here at all) while i at the same time have to put whole magazine to even drop the shields of my target.

I gues it started all after the server merge, so anyone has any idea wtf is going on ? Is this game realy so plagued with hax kidds that got no skills to play the game like the rest or are those some freaking odd bugs that constantly plague this game with every update or server maintance they do ?

I realy got kind of sick of this as i get into game find a target, put a whole magazine into a back of my target some shots hit head some torso (we both run) then he/she turns around and one shots me with pistol , lmg, smg, shotgun, banana, its a split of second not even a time to put few shots no delay to do it, its like he turn around and im already dead WTH (after that i see the screen and hes ugly face with like from 20% to 50% of shields down only ?)

Well i might not be the most skilled player but i can definitly aim properly enough to land 95% of my shots into my target

So wth is happening here ?
  2. OldCuban

There are multiple weapons on each faction that can one shot you in specific situations.

Since the merge there are often cases of people getting warped around. It's not hacks, it's serverside, so your ping has nothing to do with it.

You may also want to search for and/or study how hit detection works in PS2, it's not like Counter Strike for example.

Not to mention other factors you're ignoring like shield and armor unlocks. Weapon dmg, bullet velocity, firing speed, etc.....there are just so many variables.

PS2 has a significant learning curve. No other FPS is like it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Tommyp2006

There have been big issues with hit detection and some issues with server side lag when the servers fill up lately. SOE is aware of them, and is working on it. When you are getting "one shotted" by non shotgun/sniper weapons, this is the game receiving all of the data packets for the damage you take at the same time, making it feel like you get one shotted even though the enemy may have hit you many times.
  4. JudgeNu

Is this the same thing when you get killed by and infil and he is holding his pistol and is missing his head in deathscreen?
  5. uhlan

Clientside hit detection and server latency cause much of the angst in game.

Not very many folks understand how it works and the first conclusion is a hack in progress.

Now, hacking IS more common than many think, but it's still a rare thing.

Some of the very best players in the game are keenly aware of how latency works and use it to their advantage in firefights.

There are numerous videos about just this topic.
  6. Unsp0kn

95% accuracy you say? I call BS.
  7. Fraper

Well i actualy experienced that once my self so yeah thats definitly something up from the server.
    Well i do use Leatrix latency fix, think it might give the oposite effect here ?
  8. Pootisman

This happens quite often acually. At least 1/4 of my deaths seem like 1-hit kills. Even low DPS weapons, like LMGs, 1-hit me sometimes. Quite annyoing. It happens with good ping (50ms) too, so i doubt its a problem of the players internet connection.
  9. Fraper

Also client side calculations ? isnt that like stoped to be done sinc ultima as the first reason of game hacks ?
  10. Lamat

The other day I hit a heavy assault with shield up with 6-7 Piston rounds at about 10m then knifed him and he still had a shred of health and killed me. Sometimes hit detection with shotguns is particularly bad, you can hit with one pellet and it registers as "hitting".