1 faction for server? WTF!?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RedHaro, Nov 16, 2014.

1. RedHaro

This pretty much screw over everyone that bought weapons using SOE cash on their other faction characters!
    Wtf is going to happened to the weapons I bought for a different factions with my SOE cash, AKA IRL money?

I have them, but I can't use them? this is utter ********!
    I demand a refund for my SOE cash if this patch goes through.

Forcing me to play on a different server if I want to use the weapons I bought with my hard earned money is utter ********! especially considering that there is only 1 US west server in this game and if i play on a different server, my game would lag like ****.
  2. FateJH

What is OP talking about?
    • Up x 9
  3. Shanther

4. QuantumSerpent

I don't think that's been in effect for a very long time.
  5. Siilk

Wait, what? :eek:
  6. Kubin

If not pure trolling then maybe OP just overheard something about continents being given to a certain faction? I mean the thing SOE want to introduce - one "home" warpgate at each continent (except Hossin probably) and 2 conquerable warpgates connecting to battle islands and stuff?

Maybe OP misunderstood the thing and thought that there will be one faction per server (I can't even imagine how would that work [it wouldn't], though) instead of continent? ;D

EDIT: There it is:

[IMG]
  7. Reltor

Here is the english translation

If SOE makes it so we can only have a character on one faction per server this would pretty much screw over everyone that bought weapons using station cash on the other two factions.
    WTF is going to happen to the weapons I bought for the other factions with station cash, AKA real life money?

Forcing me to play on a different server to use those weapons I bought with my hard earned money is utter *******!
    This is especially true considering there is only one server on the US West Coast, and if I have to play on another server, my game would lag.
    • Up x 1
  8. Kubin

Ooooh... that's more sensible. Well - wouldn't be SOE obliged to allow players to transfer their other characters to the other servers? Anyway it would be kinda dumb move to disallow players to have different faction characters - what would the possible benefits be?
    *is happy because he only has one character at all*
  9. gary the sewer hobo

I still don't know what s/he's talking about, no such restriction exists.
    • Up x 2
  10. Movoza

The whole subject is bogus. With only 2 servers per continent (RL continents), they can't force you to make your third faction on a server with bad connection. Get a grip.
  11. LibertyRevolution

I have 1 NC, 2 TR, and 2 VS all on emerald due to the mergers of jeager, waterson and mattherson.
    I also have 1 VS on Connery.

There is no way SOE is going to make it 1 faction per server, they put 5 out of 6 of my guys on 1 server..
  12. CNR4806

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. BlueSkies

As my previous post of "0/10" was removed for being non-constructive let me just say that I feel the OP is beyond non-constructive as it is attempting to cause confusion or anxiety with misinformation. Thankfully, it is doing so very poorly as it is completely unbelievable.
    • Up x 3
  14. Nailhimself

I think he´s talking about weapons which he bought with station cash and can not use with other "factions" (characters?)
    Maybe he bought NS weapons with SC and he can´t use it with another character -> open a ticket
    Maybe he thinks that he can buy a jackhammer with a NC char and can use it with his TR? -> Read the f... manual
  15. gigastar

Yeah, i dont see anything other than either a misinterpretation or the result of a misinformation here.

OP has presented no source, and didnt seem interested in explaining what he heard. And has just posted a rant on how some imaginary feature is going to ruin his experience.

And ive checked the roadmap just to be sure, and theres no listed change like the OP implies is coming.
  16. Hammerlock

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  17. FieldMarshall

The fact that i can only have 1 faction on a server is outrageous.
    Wish they would revert back to the old system. Truly outrageous shocked and appalled
  18. Xasapis

Which server is that? I play all three factions on the same server.
  19. Bindlestiff

What?
  20. Bonom Denej

I noticed this recently since I created new characters maybe a week ago. I have my main VS on Miller and when creating a new character, it only shows Cobalt and to reveal Miller I have to click on "show all servers". Maybe it's what OP is referring about ?