1 Character for all servers !!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by x7xBillyDaKidx7x, Jul 29, 2013.

1. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

Why do I have to have a different character to play on another server ?
  2. Rohnlex

cuz they get more money for it :)
    • Up x 1
  3. Zombekas

Because that's one of the points of different servers - spreading the players :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  4. tastyBerryPunch

No thanks, I'm good with having multiple characters.
  5. FateJH

Listen, if you aren't willing to fight tooth and nail for the bases on your server's continents, I ain't as hell going to trust you with defending my opponent's Warp Gate on mine.
  6. Sordid

How about 1 character for all servers AND factions? I have the thought that maybe one day I'll want to play Vanu or NC and all the time I put into my toon will be wasted.
  7. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

I just want to be able to play with different people and not have to start all over with another character !! :D
  8. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

This has nothing to do with multiple characters. Seems as though you play all 3 factions anyways . Just be able to play those characters on all servers. SOE still make money by certing 3 different factions stuff !! I would like to play other factions ,but not going to waste away all that time . If i could have one character for every faction and play on all servers that would be cool !!
  9. IronWarrior

I would like to see them add server clone tickets or something.

Allows you to clone your current character to a other server for a small price.
  10. Slattjaw

1 faction per server... that is all
    • Up x 2
  11. Ashnal

Because this is an MMO style game. Constraining characters to servers encourages regular play on those servers, and thus helps to develop a community who recognizes each other.
    • Up x 1
  12. Tobax

Sure because people jumping to a winning faction wasn't bad enough to then suggest that your character can login as any faction? hell no.
  13. EvilJollyT

Go away.
    • Up x 1
  14. Mastachief

Different servers an characters = different community experiences.

Wtb 6hour empire lock timer for same server empire switching.
  15. DeadliestMoon

Isn't that what the Server Transfer Token will be?
  16. IronWarrior

No, that's deleting the character from one server and moving it to a other.
  17. Ronin Oni

6 hours is extreme really....

1 hour would stop most 4th factioners, and definitely make hopping over for sabotage a lot less convenient. and you could put a minimum 10 minute timer before activating the 1 hour cooldown (in case they're logging in for certs, or just checking battle map to pick a side for that play session.... would stop people hopping for alerts though... or at least severely limit XP gain since it's now based on time spent playing during alert)

FWIW: I intentionally spread my faction characters over 3 separate servers.
  18. R3volutionist

I don't really understand the point of other characters. Maybe it's is PS1 vet thing, but faction loyalty!

I picked TR when PS1 first came out, was following the game for years before release and me and my step brother likes the TR because they reminded us of the Terran Federation from Starship Troopers. About a few days into the game we jumped over to NC because the TR were overpopulated and it wasn't a challenge. Been playing NC and only NC ever since.

I see so many people with multiple characters playing every faction, I understand the lure to try out all the factions and their weapons. I just can't bring myself to play another faction though. Planet Side is the only game that really gives me that sense of loyalty to one specific group.
  19. PieBringer

Because this isn't Runescape.
  20. Kulantan

Because I wouldn't trust Briggs with updating some American character database every time I logged out.
    • Up x 1