1.75x zoom vs 2.0x

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeathTollDavid, Jul 21, 2013.

1. DeathTollDavid

I know this is asking a lot because someone may have to have nothing going on to do this but....

If you have the 2.0 zoom on a tank gun unlocked could you take a screen shot zoomed in on something with the 2.0 and with the 1.75 and show a comparrison?

I am trying to decide if it is worth unlocking the 2.0 because in my mind it doesnt seem like there would be a huge difference over the 1.75.
    • Up x 1
  2. GSZenith

Go into VR and you can test it :)
    • Up x 2
  3. FIN Faravid

Your unlock stays forever, and this game is planned to last till 2025 (this is MMO so it gets updated freguently, in fact very very often, every 2 weeks).
  4. DeathTollDavid

I always always forget that. Thanks!
  5. KlyptoK

I still wish we had the 4x zoom from beta.
    • Up x 1
  6. DeathTollDavid

For anyone interested. Personally this made me put off getting 2.0 for a while.

[IMG]
  7. SpetV

For me it's easier to aim in a vehicle as the zoom is bigger.
  8. MykeMichail

I always planned to go to 2x zoom but but the time I had 500 CERTs laying around and nothing else I felt like buying, I felt so used to 1.75 that i figured going to 2 would screw up my aim for ages.

Except for at extreme ranges I rarely miss due to misjudging drop, and that I owe to having used 1.75x for almost as long as I've had my Titan 150 AP.
  9. Village

2x zoom is great, especially because of the sensitivity changes making fine adjustments much easier.
  10. DeathTollDavid

I will go to 2x eventually but at 500 certs it isnt on my priority list at the moment.
  11. RHINO_Mk.II

2x is better than 1.75 because it's easier to double the distance you are aiming above your target on the fly than increase it by 1.75x
  12. Alarox

More zoom is always better. 2.0 means the notches on the crosshair are ALWAYS useful and you can be very exact, making shots much easier to aim up and follow up on.

I recommend it.

The difference it makes is surprising simply because you ALWAYS make use of those notches. I can't stress that enough.
  13. IronWarrior

I have 2.0 on my Prowler Heat and AP and don't use anything else anymore, even at night.

Have 2.0 on my Helbred for the Prowler and 2.0 on my Helbred for my Buggy.

Honestly, it's the best thing you can buy, picking tanks and infantry off from such a long distance and they don't know what's hitting them.