What Planetside 2 is all about.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by P4nda, Jan 9, 2013.

1. P4nda

I'll start pretending not to idolize PS1 as the great game it was if you pretend to start using critical thinking when coming up with your responses. If you look at the numbers, WoW did majorly affect PS1 in a negative way. PS1 knew in August of '04 how big WoW was going to be - this is obvious as a month before launch SOE came out with Aftershock in an attempt to cement it's player base. BFR's and the balance issue proved to be the last straw for many PS1 customers and they made the switch to WoW, just like that majority of the MMO world at the time. A moderate amount of people did stop playing because of WoW.

And you're right I'll change my statement. What I should've said was that PS1's vision was unmatched but sadly should've been kept on the shelf and launched at least when high-end multi-core processors became available.

Why don't you swap servers and empires and come join FFP. Seems like we're exactly what you're looking for - just have to throw a galaxy or 2 in.
  2. Liquid23

again WoW didn't kill PS1... PS1 killed PS1 by not being fun for a majority of it's player ... a bunch of who apparently DID find WoW fun so moved over there... WoW didn't come in and trash PS1 or force it's players to leave... they did that on their own because they weren't having fun in PS1 and went looking or found something they thought was better

blaming it on WoW as if PS1 was fine and WoW somehow deviously stole it's players is ridiculous... it is not WoW's fault PS1 players didn't find the game good or fun enough to stick around... that is solely on PS1

you should probably go ahead and look up what critical thinking actually means
  3. wrenched

saw vanu

seen enough~
  4. P4nda

Move this outside of the thread, inbox me actual supporting evidence to your "no fun" claims and then Ill be forced to agree with you. Otherwise, have a pleasant evening!
    • Up x 1
  5. Liquid23

yes all the PS1 players found the game fun so they left and quit playing it... lol

you really do need to learn what critical thinking is
  6. TheArchetype

I took off the rose-tinted glasses a while ago.
    Maybe you should take off your violet-tinted glasses too.
  7. PharmD

The game was/is incredibly fun+strategic but the release of BFR's coupled with wow really did decimate the population quite a bit. I wasn't around at the time but apparently they were terrible overpowered and it took the dev team quite a while to fix them, too late for most of the player base though. Today, they are quite balanced though. I know this because I am subbed right now and encountered one a few days ago.
    Here is an account from figments perspective of why ps1 fell: http://www.ps2.riptidegaming.com/?p=5
  8. Liquid23

that is your opinion and one which apparently the majority of the game's playerbase didn't/doesn't agree with... so they all left and aren't playing it now...
  9. P4nda

PS1 didn't fail because it wasn't fun. You think it took 2 and a half years for folks to figure out they weren't having fun?

...Wait am I talking about PS1 with someone who hasn't ever played it??

Regardless, it's not important to the thread at hand at all. How'd you even start trolling this anyways?

I'm still here aren't I? Playing the game and making videos for the community... must mean I accept PS 2 in some form or another.
  10. P4nda

HONESTLY did you never play PS1 and were you never a part of the community?? The exact opposite is common opinion as a matter of fact.
  11. Liquid23

yes I did and no it's not...
  12. P4nda

Point me to a thread where a PS1 vet is calling for the devs to not implement anything from ps1.

Don't take too long now.

Edit: Look stop diluting the thread. Just read this and stop trolling. http://www.ps2.riptidegaming.com/?p=5
    • Up x 1
  13. SolLeks

nice video, I will keep an eye out for you in the killspam =)
  14. Liquid23

look at any thread about implementing something from PS1 and you will find many people who played it calling for it not to be added... it didn't work for PS1 so it is insanity to think it will cause a different outcome if they do it again

tho it is cute you think the vocal minority on the forum which is itself only a vocal minority of the playerbase actually means anything

"PS1 was an epic game that everyone found fun! which was why it's been pretty much a ghost town and on life support for it's entire life" love that lack of logic
  15. P4nda

Ahh such a curtious NC. Hope you have the pleasure of being shot down by my galaxy sometime soon, hahaa.

Cheers Sol
  16. Spookydodger

Nice video. I felt it really hit its stride after the half way point. Makes me want to do a similar vid with some of the mental imagery it inspired. Can't wait to get my gaming rig back.
    • Up x 1
  17. SolLeks

only if I get greedy (which in all honesty, happens to often ^_^)

PS, killspam does not mean I killed you or you even died =P
  18. Katana

Lol at the guy that said you suit CoD, when this post asks for metagame...

PS2 is like BF/COD MMO edition, it is as you say, everything is "MUST GET EXP MUST GET POINTS FOR CERT GAAARGGGHHH"

They even fill your screen with lots of numbers to keep the cod kids short attention spans well fed.

So yeah, from what I see, PS2 is about lots of ego feeding numbers with a sort of, annoying for the devs background noise of teamplay, because it can't be denied there are people out there that do it, but them people mean the game has to be fixed and devs don't like that because they'd love to think the game is perfect harharhar!

bah.
    • Up x 1
  19. siiix

whiners
    crybabies
  20. Vibe

Game is about vehicle zerging undefended bases because there's no incentive to defend.

#truthhurts