Happy New Year & Update 02 Info!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Antivide

Optimizations, SMGs, and TUNNELS FOR THE BASES.

Fix the Reaver speed bug and we're golden.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pinay

That is the case, an aircraft is maybe 100 feet or less away from the tank.
  3. Spec_Ops729

I'm looking forward to this update, but what about the mobile app? I'm still wanting to check my stuff on my Android.
  4. Tzizimitl

One issue here, that I see, is the immunity-on-spawn. While it's fundamentally a decent idea, the problem is that some locations have indestructible spawns. Amp plants, tech plants, biolabs... sure, you can pop an SCU, put an end to the spawn, catch a break. But in other locations, like the air towers, it'd mean a stream of briefly-invincible dudes flooding out of the spawn rooms and making capturing them a HELL of a lot harder.

I'd suggest those locations also getting SCU's, if this change is going to go through, and for Bio Labs, turning the central SCU pillar so the entrance to the SCU is pointed away from the spawn room.

In general, I'd suggest taking some hints from Splitpeak Pass and the Auraxis Firearms Company on Amerish, those are two of the more fun sites to fight at in general because the spawn room is well distant from the actual base objectives in both cases. Having people spawning practically right on top of them and flooding to them instantly usually doesn't work too well for actual gameplay fun, in my opinion.
  5. Killerdog

Probably been said before, but its the wrong use of Dynamic XP, instead of focusing on the per kill and if they have killed lots themselves you need to focus on the defense/capturing of bases aka the metagame, larger defended areas should increase the overall xp gain and I would hope break the zergs.
    • Up x 1
  6. LetsRage

I'm pretty sure you're wrong and its 1 cert for 250 xp no matter what. Main bases are 5 certs because of the amount of xp you get from a main base, with 50% boost + 35% subscription boost I get 1850 xp (7-8 certs depending remainder xp from previous xp gain). You'll get nearly a cert per kill with boosts. If you get bonuses with the kill it's a guaranteed cert because of the XP not the kill itself.
  7. LameFox

So now, whenever I'm flying my plane around and see an enemy liberator, I should follow it for a while and wait as it ripens for harvest. :p
    • Up x 2
  8. TheScapegoat

I always run the 7 day experience boost. it was great during double xp but now that we have reverted:

1 kill 150xp without modifiers
    Outpost is 375xp 1.5 certs
    Checkpoint is 750xp 3 certs
    Main Base is 1500xp 6 certs.
  9. DRXH

FIRST YOU MUST FIX THIS

We wanted to share with you a current known issue regarding leaderboards. Currently we are still working on ensuring all leaderboard data is accurately represented. We've found a few cases where it isn't and numbers (such as kills) could be significantly off. We anticipate to have this resolved in the near future and appreciate your patience.
  10. Freddy_c

The Speed increase, if i play on a laptop, would it help with the Graphics or more so UI Graphics?
  11. PrimalPhantom

I like all the things i'v quoted. But Matt I have to ask, when are we going to see a cert reset item in the game?
  12. Zecthans

These changes are very nice . What about account wide SC weapons / Camo? These guns are not cheap.
    • Up x 1
  13. TheArchetype

Like in Nuclear Dawn?
  14. Sm0kinpandaz

Everything looks great! I do have one question though, as of now it seems as though the Battle Rank system does not have a large purpose in this game other than to earn titles and decals. Is this intentional to not emphasize leveling a character? If not, what are your plans to make leveling up seem more meaningful to the player?
  15. Revanmug

People spawning already have a around 2 second immunity. Going around sunderer easily show that and can get you kill if you waste a mag on someone that can't be kill.

That's already long enough don't you think?
  16. Rhapsody

Not when your stuck for up to 10-15 seconds watiting for 6 loading screens to flash by while your character is already 'rezed' in world. Not when snipers like to perch on a hill with a silencer and 1-shot kill people within 2 seonds of spawning because you spawn at the exact same spot every time on either side of the sundy.
  17. Revanmug

Bug. Are we making mechanic around bug now? Come on...

Second, with a longer immunity, I can do the same but the opposite! Seriously, what's the sniper suppose to do? Let you pass nicely and come in your automatic's range and in the open so it can be a "fair" fight? /facepalm

It's not like he can do anything else to a sunderer...

Bolt action are quite slow. He won't kill everybody spawning. Assuming of course, that you aren't alone with your sunderer and hoping for ghost cap.
  18. Revanmug

You have a sub or a boost because you are gaining 50% more XP than a f2p player.
  19. medbot544

So like, how much more exp will people get for killin higher level players? I forsee people possibly exploiting this to no end unless it's not that big of a gain....maybe.

Also that temp invunerable buff is going to be funny: run out of spawn, chuck C-4 or grenades, run back in hopefulley before they gib you, and then rake in the kills. I can see this being abused too, perhaps.

p.s. wonder what classes will be able to use SMGs and will they acutally make new models or simply shrink the old ones in size, change color slightly and then charge us 7 bucks per for em. Goody!
    • Up x 1
  20. TheEvilBlight

If all the guns looked like pistols...well, we wouldn't need a weapons guy.