Happy New Year & Update 02 Info!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Llaf

All of this looks good. Most excited for the tunnels, should hopefully allow for much easier defense of large facilities. Excited for the XP changes, server transfers, SMGs and weapons tweaks as well.
  2. cober

can we change the Short period of invulnerability to a 75% dmg reduction instead the freshly spawned player has time to react and the attackers don't have all of there damaged negated buy a wall of invincible infantry. also if we could set our camo per continent later that would be handy
  3. fish998

I hope we're not waiting till jan 30th for the Light Assault jepacks to get fixed. That's so annoying when it happens. Please roll that fix out as soon as it's done.
  4. RomulusX

I hope the "Tunnels" have rooms in them much like in PS1 where it went backdoor->tunnel-> 2 entrances to open room with cover-> tunnels-> open rooms with cover -> tunnel -> spawn. Something to that extent.
  5. Kittel

yes i was speaking of the larger amp, tech varieties, though i also feel the smaller ones need more then 1 spawn location or at least the teleporters to various buildings that can be disabled somehow, in the long run your basically, attacking/protecting more objectives, and less camping, in the end yes it would all come down the the final building, but by then the base should be mostly lost as it is.
  6. FoulFoot

1. "Hackers" continue to ruin this game for a majority of players. What's frustrating is that the same cheaters show up week after week, regardless of how many times they're reported. I don't often see speedhackers or aimbotters anymore, that's true. What I continue to see, however, is people using the spot-bot. Amazing how those guys always seem to know where I am, and how it's impossible to get the drop on them. (Yes, I know about proximity radar, Q-spotting, blah blah). They know that using spot-bot is evidently impossible for SOE to prove. Here's a clue: take a STRONG look at any ground-infantry type with a level over 40. Also, if a player is repeatedly reported by a number of people, maybe he should be followed around by an invisible GM for a while.

2. Piggybacking on the above -- Q-spotting has got to go. My suggestion is that you can only Q-spot through a scope. As it is, snipers are next to useless. This would also have the effect of ruining the spot-bot.

3. Fighter aircraft should not be able to hover. I mean, WTF. If I'm killed by a high-altitude Liberator, well, whatever, that's what they do. You want to counter it, send up a fighter, or hit it with AA. But right now a capable fighter pilot who zooms away when less than half health is pretty much unbeatable.

4. Vanu magriders have two huge advantages -- they can slide side-to-side, so they can maintain range on their guns, and they have a turbo switch to get them out of danger. So what if they have lower DPS -- these two advantages mean that Vanu magriders are queens of the battlefield. What does the NC Vanguard get? A shield which lasts five seconds. Gee, thanks.

All my complaining for now. Fix the goddamn spot botters please.

Foul
    • Up x 1
  7. LichX

•General performance increases, particularly for lower end GPUs
    The problim most people are having is CPU not GPU

•Experience (XP) system enhancements
    Sounds like the XP system used in PS1

•Server transfer token available in Depot
    Dose this mean we will have to PAY to transfer off deadinbalanced pop servers?

•New weapon type for all empires: SMG
    With all the problims that need fixing your trying to get people to INVEST more money in it???

•Short period of invulnerability will be added to freshly spawned / revived players
    Easily exploited AKA suicide bomber tactic

•New spawn buildings with more exits, protected balconies and easy roof access to make them less campable.
    Just more places for HE equiped tanks and air to farm.

•Tunnel systems for amp and tech facilities to give access from spawn rooms to interior of bases and base walls without having to go above ground.
    Why not just put teleporter back in spawn rooms. Still dont see why it was removed.

•Making MAXes render more reliably at long distances for players in vehicles
    Vehicles as in libs and ESFs? Great buff to ESF they can now snipe AA maxes and they will trully be an "I win button"

•AA improvements, notably flak changes for turrets and skyguards, giving them some better ability to aim, although not drastically impacting their DPS.
    So they get a 1-3% accuracy increace?

•Fixes to missiles so that they more reliably detonate and actually blow stuff up
    If this is refering to GtA what about the horrible lock AI thats easy to break WITHOUT using flares? Also what about the speed that they can be out run? Makes the weappon people paid for nothing more then an annoyance to experianced pilots?

•Increases to reload speed for certain HE ground vehicle weapons
    I really hope im misreading this but, a faster reload to HE weapons when people want infantry battles not tank zergs.

Window dressing, bug fixes and proof they are NOT LISTENING. People want more infantry battles not vehicle zergs. Vehicles do have there place but not in the spotlight. It seems DEVS want the vehicles as the main focus of the game making planetside2 more of a vehicle simulator then an FPS. :mad:
    As we said in BETA they should have taken what worked in PS1 and pulled it over to PS2. ATM there just remaking the same mistakes in earily PS1 and ending up with the same fixes as late PS1. The XP change is a good example. (oh the 2k xp kill on a BFR pilots). But its there game to chose its path, just hope they listen to the player base before they lose it.:(
    • Up x 2
  8. Craig1287

Loving this list of changes/additions. The new XP system sounds fantastic.
  9. TheEvilBlight

Not a lot of hovering ESF anymore. Most have switched to classical dive attacks on Sundys and strafing runs on clumps of infantry. Dakkadakkadakka, turn and burn. At least that's my experience, but maybe that's because I usually put a missile lock on 'em....
  10. ElPimpident

Still no mention of lowering/removing friendly fire. Guess I'll just continue logging in each day to be griefed by ******** who think they're awesome....right
  11. Eidelon

About time they dealt with the Mozzies, they are superior to every other fighter without a doubt. Buffing AA is not that exciting, I see most of our Scythes getting shot out of the sky quicker then you can shake a stick unless you have lots of them. But all sides have bits to them that feel so much better then the other, that's the downside of having 3 distinct nations I guess. :)
  12. Caelun Niveus

Most looks good, or at the least non-negative... but
    Please clarify... does this mean they will be firing slower or faster?
  13. AlFara

-reload takes 100 ticks. reload speed is 50. so it takes 2 seconds to reload.
    -reload takes 100 ticks. reload speed is 75. so it takes 1,333 seconds to reload.
    =>it reloads faster
  14. Stanis

Something about emphasising "score over time".
    This will be the raw-income score over time.

So we can compare it fairly to those players that don't use premium or boosts?
    • Up x 1
  15. TheBaronofSD

Would like to see a list of 'the bugs' that are fixed. Is the reaver amongst those bugs? What about the near instant speed drop post after burn? vehicles in motion don't react like this. what about dive speed limits? what about joystick support?

the texture problem?

etc etc.

just curious.
  16. Ronin Oni

considering complaints are against HE effectiveness....

I'd wager it's a NERF to reload speed, not a BUFF.
  17. TheBaronofSD

also, the variable XP thing seems to be a solution in search of a problem. if the problem trying to be solved is vehicle squishie farming then why are infantry also being hit with this? you're going to be drastically cutting the XP gain from one infantry killing another infantry unless the killed target has at least one kill.

this is not the problem that needed solving. a simple halving or quartering of the XP gained from vehicle kills on infantry would have solved 'that problem'. instead all you've done is encourage the use of a weapons platform that can more efficiently kill many targets in the least amount of time regardless of how many kills the target does or doesn't have.

counter productive change imo.
    • Up x 1
  18. Loo Cipher

Some of the changes sound ok, but are vague enough to be ominous.

Changes to air weapons? Well, that sounds ominous, particularly combined with increases to SG and AA turret accuracy - those were needed, I dont see any changed needed to air weapons. Seems like a bone thrown to the 'air is overpowered' clowns.

Changes to XP gain from kills? Why? To reward mediocrity?

Increases to HE reload speed? Why? All sides have this ammo, this is frankly inane.

Worst of all is invulnerability on spawn; anyone with half a brain can abuse this easily.

Lets cater to the lowest common denominator! I have a worrying feeling that the devs are going to 'balance' based on the squeaky wheel; if thats the case, be prepared for a game where anything effective is nerfed into oblivion to make way for legions of children - that spend no money - so that they can feel like they are good.
  19. Zorro

This update will fully restore my faith in SOE's capability (provided it is provided as promised). I am glad to see that the developers do read the feedback threads! :)
  20. DrageonPL

It's amazing to see you guys listen to all the feedback so closely. SOE is one of the few companies that actually give a damn about their game after release, but you give so much damn that you just put up about 20 fixes to various problems which is amazing. I cannot express how much this will improve my gameplay and I hope that the performance upgrade will allow my friend to play as well. There are still problems within the game, however people should stop ******** about them because they will get fixed eventually. This post proves it. I wish you guys all the best in the upcoming year and I hope you will make your game even more awesome than it is now.