So what are Infantry gonna do when they find a sunderer spawning people since they have Immunity!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ImGladUmad, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Jaquio

95% of the time I'm either LA with 2 C4, or I'm an Engi carrying tank mines. So either way, I'm going to try to blow up the sundy.

In other words, nothing at all has changed for me.
    • Up x 1
  2. RBN

Spawn protection is BAD, always.

Everyone who you can see should be killable period.
    You see someone spawning, you react quick and shoot, bullets don't register, you reload, he shoots and you die.
    Its just not fair for the attacker unless he is in a tank.
    And most likely it wont help anyway.

BF also has spawn protection when a teammate spawns at the squadleader, so frakking lame.

If people keep spawning at a sunderer surrounded by enemy infantry its their stupid mistake.
    The same goes for bases which are overrun and people still spawning in the spawn room, don't make gameplay changes which only help dumbasses. People just like to be farmed and gameplay changes shouldn't help them.
  3. Talizzar

Learn to read!

"Short period of invulnerability will be added to freshly spawned / revived players - breaks upon game actions such as entering a vehicle or using a weapon."

Game action....Moving is a game action.

Do you seriously think that they would allow you to run across the battlefield invins and then toss a nade? Seriously?

I have a fast machine and a fast connection and I can't tell you the number of times I have been instagibbed at a sunderer before I even have a chance to move or look. They need to change the color of a sunder that is taking fire or has enemies spotted within a specific distance so that a respawning player can make an informed decision to deploy there or in a possibly safer location.
  4. VoidMagic

Thank god SOE keeps catering to the KDR crowd, soon there won't be anyone fighting to win anymore, just cert farmers hiding endlessly.
  5. Wily

Not real fond of the idea of a guy being able to move and draw a bead on someone else while invulnerable. I quite like the idea of being invuln to explosives only for that period, and it should only be 3-4 seconds max.
  6. K-On

You all are helpless, they have not even put it in and you all whining already. Truly helpless, it could be for a second or 2 and this will cause people to try and blow up the sunderer than just sit there camping every time they spawn and not even try to blow it up huh ?
  7. Xind

My only beef with this is I frequently spawn in being shot and I've definitely seen other people spawn already with what seems to be invulnerability..They have to move before they can be killed, it seems. Is it time based? Or is it based on loading speed? My deaths occur before I've moved or anything when I'm camped. So I already kind of feel like people at Sunderers have invuln on spawn? Can anyone help me understand what I'm experiencing?
  8. phreec

The last two shooters I've played, one which this game is heavily influenced by had the same mechanic and I can tell you it only brought frustration levels up...
    I'm the exact opposite of a sundy camper with my C4, but if someone parks their sundy like a moron then why should those continuously spawning at it get rewarded for their stupidity?

And this change doesn't only affect Sunderers. I'm looking forward to the constantly revived scatMAX's outside biolab porter rooms just aligning their crosshairs in peace and blasting off a instagib or two before dying and revived again...
  9. Liquid23

blow up the Sunderer
    problem solved

all this will do is stop people from camping said Sunderer and farming kills as they spawn and before they can react
    • Up x 2
  10. AntiDemocide

...kill the sundy?
  11. mina5

I think it this few sec timer will bring Light assaults flying above enemy and when timer stops they trow c4 on enemy and blow it up ...
  12. XParagonX

I r have crappy computer help me SOE.
  13. smokemaker

Indeed.
    I will normally pull back from sunderer and kill the spawning infantry....
    now not soo sure.
    do not like the idea.
  14. Eyeklops

I agree that Sunderer camping was a problem, but I am not sure about the invulnerability solution. I think the PS1 style "low exp" fresh spawn idea is a good start and they should let that run for a bit and see how the battlefield adjusts to it. I really, really wish using the "pendulum" balancing method was a "fire-able" offense at SOE. Just because there are multiple solutions to a problem does not mean they all need implemented at the same time. Baby steps = better balance.

But TBH, the changes they are looking at overall seem fantastic. So long as the revive invulnerability doesn't break the game (like proximity miners being turned into superman with a revive grenade*), I think the game will do better.

A more concerning topic is really: How do we get back the players who left disgusted because of PS2's "open beta" gameplay?

*I will be trying this BTW.
  15. Viesel

I skimmed the thread and found no mention of anyone actually noticing this being implemented already. Here are my obvervations. When you see someone spawn next to a sunderer, do a slow 1 second count and start firing. One of two things will happen. Either they will recognize they are getting shot and try to move or you will kill them before they load or react. I was doing this last night after I noticed shots weren't registering on people who just spawned in. So I held down the trigger on someone and counted. The invulnerability is so short that it's not even a problem.
    • Up x 1
  16. Jestunhi

Aww, the poor spawn campers are so disappointed. :(
  17. EWarren

Based on observation, some PS2 players have this tendency to repetitively perform a task, get killed, and try to do the very same thing over and over again. I am referred to people spawning at a Sundy, find themselves camped by tanks, Libs, ESFs, other infantries, and proceed to repeat the process many times.

I usually hit Redeploy when I find myself at a lost cause, be it the location of the Sundy, or a tower / base spawn being camped by "multiple platoons", or just die and respawn somewhere else.

Yet when I chat with people in game, they insist that they need to be given a chance to continue the fight at that very same location (hence the repetitively spawning phenomena) regardless of camping. I feel the developers are catering to these demands.
  18. Vertabrae

Everyone is soooo concerned about some guy they killed coming back with this huge immunity buff and killing them. "Oh no that guy I just killed is going to get back up and I can't kill him because he will be immune" Simple fix..... Kill the medic...2 kills for the price of one. Then kill the medic that comes to rezz the first 2, and so on. Or you could just kill someone and move on. Immunity will only last a couple seconds anyways, so unless your standing over his dead body, it will have worn off by the time he finds you again.

One thing I have noticed is 90% of people here seem to be talking about this all from the point of the killer. As in I killed him now he is invincible. It does work both ways. You get to be invincible when you come back too. If you think the enemy will somehow exploit this and use it to become OP, whats to stop you from doing the exact same thing to stop him?
  19. forkyar

the people crying they were geting camped are now crying to take it off,ironic.
  20. Liquid23

the low XP for fresh spawns won't make any difference... if it did people wouldn't fight over who gets to have a deployed Sunderer spawn at a base as you get next to nothing for a spawns... farming low XP from basically defenseless players as they spawn is preferable to most than getting more XP from a single player kill who has a reasonable chance to shoot back... lol... and since so many players seem to care about KDR deeply even if fresh spawned players were worth no XP they would still do it for the easy kills to pad their score... this change just makes it so that killing the Sunderer (which is what those campers should be doing) has more incentive but still leaves the option open to kill the people spawning as soon as they do something while giving them a reasonable chance to orient themselves before being instagibed