What's the deal with TR on Matherson?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DXtreme, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nacasatu

ForumSide 2.

Keeps me entertained too :)
  2. Bloodlet

Aren't you also in AT? I'm not sure when this may have been but I cannot think of a time I've been on an OP where we let a point get capped without trying to max out the 6/6 or 2/2 speed bonus. Strange.
  3. Spineless

I cant insult TE. As a VS player they are the ONLY clan on the server that brings anything worth noting to prime time. Yes they push and fail sometimes but they regroup and move to another obtainable asset instead of spawn grinding mindlessly. They might just be the only ones playing the game like its supposed to be played right now. Then you have clans like NNG who spend more time crying in prox then anything... You all should thank TE because like them or not they are setting the bar pretty high for our server.
    • Up x 3
  4. 01101010

Thread needs more popcorn for the sheer amount of entertainment value...
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. Natir

You sure your not a spy?
    • Up x 1
  6. Stigler

Ok, I believe something else is happening on Waterson. I was under the stupid impression that you could have only one faction character on a server, so like an idiot who never seeks to exploit anything, I created opposing faction characters on two other servers. (I mean it would be crazy to allow opposing faction characters on the same server wouldnt it, duuuhhh.)

But I have watched the population on Waterson in individual continents and highly suspect some large organized groups are pushing the zerg one way then swapping sides and pushing the other, I have witnessed almost exact population decreases and increases happen within minutes. I am pretty positive that there are least squad sized groups doing this.
  7. LineTrap

Yeah. Haven't run any ops yet, though. AT pushes are obviously superior to the typical zerg, but the Feared and Awesome Magswarm of Death people complain about usually operates as I described: very slowly, huddled together to avoid being the guy on the outside picked off by roaming rocketpodders, etc. Comically ineffective at anything other than camping one spawn shack every 15 minutes, similar to all zergs. That similarity being the main point: a Magzerg is as strategically boneheaded and exploitable as any other.
  8. Cyridius

9. Leetsarge

Here to say that TR held Amerish and Esamir's lock from at least 5:00 PM EST until 11:00 PM.

Can't comment on much aside from the fact that I'd love to be able to see friendly population concentrations on the map.
  10. D0n

11. AFoo

I started to read every page of this thread but it became a broken record. TE this, TE that. I am not going to lie, i am part of TE and just joined them recently from another outfit. During prime time, TE organizes 2 to 3 platoons worth of players and starts operations. Bio Lab farming are "NOT" always or close to the majority of what we do. We NEVER get a bio lab and sit and farm during prime time. Prime time is our Operation times and we spend them pushing continents. Last week we "HELPED" push Esamir and Amerish to both be cont locked for the TR. After we take a target we rarely follow the same path to the next objective, so we split things up from grabbing gals, to rolling armor, to even FOOT zerging to next target.

I understand this hate for Buzz, I do not agree with it as a TE member but I can understand it from an outside person. He leads and calls things out blatantly like he sees it. All these people crying because he calls other outfits crap, sorry but thats going to continue to happen until we get some kinda of organized group that actually produces results.

Another thing, this bit about comparing PS1 to PS2 regarding "over populated zerg outfits" ... REALLY? Werner was OWNED by TR for the majority and this was due to Larger outfit organizing and eventually getting back up from the smaller outfits.(PROOF: [IMG]
    If TE pushes in and clears out a defended Tech plant, should they be the ones to stay and defend it after or continue pushing allowing the rest to manage? No i want them moving on the next fortified position and clearing it.

TR are doing decent at the moment. During Prime time they do plenty of fighting and game ground every time. Currently there is no Real benefit to cont locks. The 10% resource bonus is not worth concerning anyone about. Until the games meta changes from being a K/D farm fest and works to what PS1 was, stop worrying about who owns what Continent. Continent locks at the point do not gauge what faction is better, but who has the higher pop in NON Prime time hours.
    • Up x 1
  12. IvIoss

Hey I roll with NNG and I came here to say that i disagree about what you said about our Outfit. We are a smaller outfit but we do have organization. It's impossible to police everyone in prox and to suggest so is pretty unrealistic. If you have a problem with any of our members please send a tell to our squad leaders or platoon leader (Jaamaw usually).

As for our operations we run them with only 1 platoon and given our numbers I feel we are pretty effective. Out of curiosity, what outfit do you belong to on Mattherson?
  13. Spineless

I have no conflict with your outfit. I just see you guys as the average PS2/WOWbie random recruiting pile of bad players playing badly together. You guys perform like most clans in these games. Its not your fault honestly. Smedly designed a game that does not let the winners win. Its the new normal so most people are forced to random recruit just to meet a minimum number on the field.

I game with KillCult. Thats my clan. "We" do not currently play PS2.
  14. Rosecraft

Last night was amazing. We learned a lot of stuff. It's not as negative as everyone makes it out to be though.

Look it's rather simple.

Each continent can hold 2000 players/ 3 factions = 666.666 players on each side.(http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Continents)

1 "Dagger"[(squad) Buzz Name] = 12 people. 18 Daggers x 12 = 216 people. 216/666 = .324 or about 32% of players.
    So that means, Last night. Buzz had 32% (I have no clue if they all belonged to the Enclave or were stragglers because we don't know if all of the Enclave's members got into Amerish before the continent reached it's player limit) of all the TR soldiers in squads to attack the Xelas Bio Lab while losing all of their territory in the process including their Tumas Tech Plant. I don't know if the TR were just late to the game last night or what. But they had a lot of territory before the Event started and just let it go against the VS.

I know Buzz is a good player. Look at his stats. http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=BuzzCutPsycho&tab=Charts I've heard he has a deep profound hatred of the NC. But his stats don't reflect that presumption though. Although his outfit's stats may reflect a different aggregate score ( I honestly don't feel like searching all of his outfit's members and adding them to figure it out). But I think we do know the problem. Buzz needs to learn to think strategically and not tactically all the time. Of course 216 players are going to eventually take 1 bio lab but is it worth it while losing everything else? Obviously no.

Mattherson has a lot of good players. I love this server. All the empires have some really good players. The command structure within TR has a lot of potential but it's being wasted by throwing everyone at a single target. Buzz needs to give more people command posts or something ( you would be surprised what 3 squads could accomplish in this game by themselves) and spread his troops out instead of taking 18 squads into a single area.
    If the TR would have taken back their Tumas Tech plant and attacked the VS to regain their territory they would have finished the first segment last night with at least 1 facility. NC would have probably won the first segment. Sorry TR... You guys didn't capture Xelas Bio Lab in time before it ended... Ouch....
    NC lost the Bastion because they didn't know what was next and didn't put enough forces there to defend it before the VS got to it. TR attacked the NC to prevent NC recapture of bastion.
    Smart idea to station all TR on top of ascent because that was the currently known objective after the Bastion. But that was before everyone realized the terrible idea of pitting 2000 players against each other in one area. lol Lag...

NC at Sungrey AMP and Ikanam Bio Lab. Wow, Whoever you guys were. You did an amazing job last night. Same goes to those at the Mekala Plant. For the longest time, I thought the NC weren't that great on our server, but last night told a different story.
    VS won the third segment after all of the NC gave up and wanted to farm the VS on Indar in the Allatum bio lab. Literally the population count of NC went from 33% to 21% after Bastion ended. Like who doesn't want free farm from a Bio Lab?

The Goons aren't as bad as everyone says they are. Just need better direction. That's about it.

The VS are kings of the sky for obvious reasons (scythe..............) and no one knows how to balance the OP magrider.
    Has anyone else noticed that VS tends to have a lot of night players?
    NC needs more flyers.

And that pretty much covers Mattherson.
    Overall, I believe the NC are the best faction with the VS behind by a sliver. TR..... Need some more organization.
    You can be the best first person shooter there ever was. But that won't make you a good Planetside player.

PS: Almost forgot. Like this post for Roof Max.
    Skillsaw will probably be nerfed..... meh...
  15. Jaxxx

I'll give you one reason why, a certian TR leader on Mattherson said it best ....
    You're all BAD !!!!!!!!
    Bad.....
    Bad
    bad
    bad
    bad
    bad
    bad
    bad......

Now why wouldnt you want to work with someone like that
    • Up x 3
  16. Cl1mh4224rd

And The Enclave is never going to see that as long as Buzz keeps the animosity for others in his own faction stuck at 11.
    • Up x 3
  17. Negator

Maybe, but then you have a single outfit that runs the rest of the TR into the ground with equally zergy 'tactics'.

Same for NC, they have the Sturm Grenadiers which know whatsup, and they have GOON, and GOON is essentially what's wrong with the TR as far as zergy style. The NC zerg prevents any meaningful play on both Amerish and Esamir by operating on a silly macro scale.

the VS crushed on Matherson during the UES because the TR and NC as a whole here dont know what they are doing when it comes to strategy.

VS.

Crushed.

Matherson.
  18. Negator

Ah, random dude looking down his nose pretends he knows whatsup.

Fitting name, this guy has. LOL
    • Up x 2
  19. Negator

also rockin that .8 KDR and no outfit.

DOUBLE LOL
    • Up x 1
  20. Drsexxytime

Well this is because many of the NC pilots at launch became frustrated and went TR and VS because their ESFs are superior in every manner just about. The Reaver is not an air superiority fighter, it's weak, and many will just use it as A2G until enemy air overwhelm them in which they'll just stick to infantry and armor.

NC has some skilled players on the server. This afternoon alone I logged on and we were at our WG. We quickly pushed out, had a good TR farm at a biodome, then pushed them off the map for fun. During this time VS did what they always do and slide in behind knowing we were having fun with the TR. So, we went back to the WG eventually and pushed VS back. Then I had to go pick up some burgers and beers, so don't know what happened afterwards.

Had some fun fights with TR today though. Especially the Mao Tech Plant battle/farm. It was cool to see them fall back to there and get a huge armor surge and made for some fun strafing runs, and some cool vids.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.