Why is Medic a one man army?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Veridio, Jan 6, 2013.

1. SlyHix

I like you Balm. You have balls. I like balls.
  2. Ronin Oni

o_O

lol k.

All the classes have their strengths... Medics are pretty limited vs vehicles and MAXes, get flanked by LA's, lose direct 1v1 brawls with shielded HA's, get sniped from afar by Snipers or run into Engie prox mines.
  3. Stigler

Lol, cool thread.

I do fear Medics at range that can shoot though, but luckily they are not all that skilled.

And not to get sidetracked but well played Infiltrators really do mess things up, I hate when I cant change class or reload because the terminals hacked, and when they jack an anti vehicle gun and 2 shot me from behind.
  4. Johan

I am glad everyone can agree that we need to nerf HE on the prowlers.
  5. cartmen

We need to nerf HE on every tank, but not damage against infantry. The damage against other vehicles needs to be nerfed, so less people will use the HE, simply because they will be more easely killed by a tank using AP.
  6. RayDrazon

Probably has something to do with the Infiltrator being the most played class... The concept of "Sniping" draws in so many people.
  7. Rogueghost

I already stopped using my He rounds- which I put over 200 certs in, because I don't like barely winning fights against people that hardly know how to drive their tank.

Right now I see no reason not to use HEAT rounds, they have only a slightly smaller blast radius then HE rounds, and do almost- if not the same amount of damage as AP rounds to armor.

If anything AP needs a buff, rather then HE needing a nerf.
  8. Kedric

Knowing medical knowledge makes you are a more efficient and effective killer, not less of one.

If anything, Medics should get a bonus to headshot damage or something.
  9. Vortok

I thought Medics spawning with this gun was common knowledge.

Medics are very important for infantry pushes to keep the momentum up, but this game is all about the vehicles atm so the crown goes to the Engineer. That ESF/HE tank that's wrecking your squad(s) doesn't have a Medic inside it.
  10. IshanDeston

I seriously want to see you fighting a CQB with single fire. I even take a 30 to 50m engagement in which you use Singlefire while the other guy uses automatic.

And i suggest unlocking the heal items for your other classes. You will find that you also do not need to find a base. Sure, it will go into your utility slot, but the instant heal is even more useful in a close pitched battle than a healing aura of a Medic.

Low Recoil? Compared to what? Maybe its just my NC gun and you play Vanu or something, but i cannot say its recoil is "lower" than that of my Engineer.

The AR is about the only thing keeping us from completely degrading to be a buff and healbot. We don't get any combat granades beyond Frag, we get no utilities except for a highly situational C4. The only thing a Medic can do is heal people. If they would remove the AR from the medic, what exactly do you expect us to do? Heal the enemy to death?

We don't have a Jump pad to get into close range by odd ways. We don't have a Turret we can deploy for Long range engagements. We don't have mines, we don't have special granades to defend us with.

One Man Army? If you are a one man army as Medic, you can take any other class and be a one man Legion. Every other class has more combat strength and abilities as a Medic. And they also get selfheals if they cert into it.
  11. cartmen

that would also work :)
  12. KoooZ

Personally I like an assault rifle for the .75 movement in ads and no horizontal pull, but I don't get one man army from that, unless you count one man reviving an army.