Problems with PlanetSide 2 as I see them.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobJohnson

I agree with Buzz 100%. I'd also like to add that population balance must be made on a continent level. Perhaps these changes will make people actually want to fight others though, so maybe it would become a non issue.
  2. Suroped

Nah, there are no problems with this dead game. Even though there are no options except video-settings in main menu and helluva lot of other things. Overconfident devs and awful marketing on the other hand are not a problem either.
  3. Xarx

The only reason why this is getting this much attention because of Enclave drones and bias against the person who posted it.
    The content is nothing new and has been discussed at length multiple times.
  4. JustSe7en

If you haven't noticed from the VARIOUS replies from people that aren't even in TE that are agreeing with Buzz, because, no matter if we hate another player or not, we're all playing the same damn game, and Buzz points out some key points that actually got recognized from the devs. I don't know where you got Enclave drones from. LOL
  5. HiFiWiFi

Well not sure if this has been mentioned but, PCGamer put a summary of your article up and I think this should get quite a lot of attention as it already has. I agree with about 95% of what you said. I don't think they should remove KDR but, they should stop spawn camping and vehicle spamming so people don't have to worry about getting really bad or really good KDRs.
    Thanks for the Post,
    HiFiWiFi
  6. Xarx

Fixed that for you.
    Note that I didn't say that I disagree with any of it, quite the contrary. I just said the only reason this is getting any attention at all is because of who he is and not the content.

Let's simplify into key points what Buzz said.
    - KD/R is bad for the game
    - XP ratios between capturing a base and kills is wrong
    - Bases are too indefensible
    - Vehicles are too easy to pull aka Vehicle spam

Every single one of those points has had multiple threads even well back in beta.

Also, I got Enclave drones from the last time he made one of these threads which was on Nanoweave armour being OP. When he got shut down with evidence against him, he ran and cried on his own forum telling all the Enclave to support his post.
    • Up x 2
  7. mindbomb

I have a different view of kdr, certs, and xp. I think they don't influence behavior as much as you think. I think it is important to realize that people are gonna do what they are gonna do. I think it is extremely naive to think any change in certs, xp, or an adjusted kdr or no kdr is gonna stop someone from ultimately trying to kill as much as possible, or help their team as much as possible, or try not to die, etc. These behaviors are innate, the certs and stats are just little bonuses.

On vehicles - I agree completely. Zephyr clip can be lessened to 4, with increased reload time. HE rounds can do less armor dmg.
    Air and ground vehicle resources can be combined into one 750 resource category.
  8. dalastar

9. dalastar

i Like to see where low rank player not able to kill higher lvl guys with 2 shot
  10. Tapioca Express

wow, after reading through all that, everything listed is exactly what we need to make this game even better.
  11. apdj94

Galaxies make me mad. It's like some kind of ridiculously OP sundy flying through the air that can airdrop 11 soldiers with invisible parachutes. I think they should at least make it so the galaxy has to be RELATIVELY close to the ground before discharging all those people.
  12. Saydian

I agree with pretty much all of what BuzzCutPycho said
  13. Vmaster

14. OldMaster80

5 stars thread. I don't agree on everything, but the analysis sounds very correct to me. ;)
  15. Praetorius

I agree with buzz.
    If we want k/d and no tactic there are better games like CoD or BF.
    Planetside must be a strategic massive game or... It's done
  16. Castrol GTX

Buzzcutpsycho is a hacker. Come on, BR 90-something? He aimbots. Ban please?
  17. Zha1tan

oh **** the hell yes
  18. Zha1tan

perfect spelling, on a forum? this guy is using teh spellzch3ckzzz!11

ban please.
  19. NGONat

I support this Tread all the ways! i hope that with time dev understand where mayor issue are and fix them!
  20. D0n

Way to go John, we did it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.