How to counter 10+ Magriders?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JohnnyOmaha, Jan 1, 2013.

1. ABATTLEDONKEY

If your up against 10+ mags and are part of an organised platoon and a half the solution is incredibly simple. take one squad, and fill 4 libbys with daltons. take a second squad and fill 8 AAESF's and 4 rocket pod ESF's for air cover. that tank zerg will be dead in NO TIME, and you still have a solid platoon to defend the ground. my goodness with 10 mags you about triple their size! if you cant kill them with that, you need a new outfit.
  2. Cloudayo

like any factions tank zerg, you either face them with similar number of tanks/bomb them with jets/run away.
  3. SinerAthin

It goes without saying that attempting to engage a line of coordinated Main Battle Tanks on open ground is foolish at best, so you need to find a defensible natural obstruction.

What is my suggestion?
    Find a defensible rock formation/hill, mass heavies and have 2 medics to revive the ones who dies.

Use your faction's specialized G2G Lockon launcher for the increased damage output.

Assuming you are 10 people vs 10 Magriders, Squad composition will be 8 Heavies and 2 Medics.

Target priority goes as follow:
    1. Advancing tanks.(if they flank you, you are dead)
    2. Wounded tanks.(don't let them repair, finish them off)
    3. Tanks who happen to turn their rear to you.

Otherwise, just hit the tanks closest to your position.

Following these tactics, assuming you are able to find a good position, it is more than possible to hold out, and the Magriders, unless they are playing overly defensive or have a MBT terminal nearby, will dwindle in number.

Bear in mind though that a single Liberator is enough to wipe you all out even if you defeat the Magriders, so 2-3 Dual Burster MAXes are required to defend vs air.
  4. medbot544

Depends server I guess cus magrider drivers on mine wrecks and they all know full well how to utilize the best MBT in game to maximum potential. They maybe bad on your server but they sure as hell arn't on mine. Then again they out number us often 3 to 1 so that don't help I guess. Ah well, back to fighting vs over whelming numbers. FOR THE EMPIRE!
  5. Zapon

People don't like to talk about Zerg vs Zerg fights - but ...when the numbers are similar- depending on what you do, you'll make a diff.

And yes, 4 Liberators will destroy any Zerg or Multi-platoon as long as enemy ESFs aren't in masse. Unless you're looking at over 50 or 60 tanks

If so, what server are you playing on? And is that only one side that does that? if not, I know where to go when they let us move chars across servers...

But you can out-tank a tank spam.
  6. medbot544

let's just say that if it actually happened:

10 prowler vs 10 mags.

Mags will win, every time. Magriders have to be afk or really terrible not to beat the Prowlers easily.
  7. Zapon

It's not that clear cut- at medium distance, perhaps. At close range- generally no.

Really terrible? Er...

I dont see this happening if they're running stock mags

And though it didn't come up- ten Vanguards WILL beat Ten Magriders in close combat as well.
    • Up x 1
  8. medbot544

Magriders are the best MBT period, anyone who says other wise has not driven one and or the other factions tanks to compare. I have. Magrider is beast and borderline godly as far as tanks go. Plus they can drive up shere cliffs no other land vehicle can which is awsome.
  9. Rune Scorpio

The problem isnt the magriders. Its the server populations. On waterson we cant do crap to TR since they usually have over 50% of the server pop at any given time. All vanu forces fight on indar since we only have enough people to have a presence on 1 continent. Want to get in close to magriders? SUNDERER BAIT! Who cant resist shooting at a juicy sunderer? Have the thing covered in armor and run it at them with all your tanks folowing to get in close and then open up. All other tanks win against magriders in close range. Mags only have long range and mobility as their strength. Just don't get too close or someone like me will magburn over you and shoot your tank in the back.
  10. shadowkhat

simple pull a lib... or as the air noobs have been doing since air got a massive boost pull 10 libs... air is so OP i've seen libs dogfighting more and more.
  11. Rune Scorpio

Yeah lol. The problem it sounds like is the ability to coordinate on the fly.
  12. Sebyos

TR on Matterson loves their HAs, these poor guys can't play very well without em. They can get enough so that they don't even render and the lock on you get will sometimes mean 8 missiles at a time. Oh well I still got awesome reverse speed and maxed out smoke.