Other medics not rezzing/healing

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by RachelGomez, Dec 25, 2012.

1. RachelGomez

It's rare but I have ran into other medics who flatly refuse to heal or rezz another medic, probably to protect their precious XP. This is probably one of the single most douchetastic behaviors I've seen displayed in the game. Has anyone else run into this? It's really obnoxious.
  2. KoooZ

Actually I like healing other medics since the heal gun doesn't work on yourself so it saves them the ability nanites. How did you see them expressly refuse to revive a someone because they were a medic?
    • Up x 1
  3. Dictatorfish

I refuse to rez or heal other medics for exactly the OP's stated reasons. I also like to attempt rez dead players another medic has already rezzed in order to steal their exp. If I see someone getting attacked by an enemy, I will wait until my team mate is dead first before firing on the enemy so that I get both kill exp and a rez exp later.

No, really, I don't do any of the above. But the game's exp system no doubt encourages this sort of thing, so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there were people in-game who really did stuff like that.
    • Up x 7
  4. RachelGomez

Because I die next to them and I can see them continuing to rezz other people. Even if I wait a full minute, I see them rezz several others but leave me dead there.
  5. Machine Spirit

I see where you're coming from OP, it occured to me once or twice, still a painful realisation.
  6. Ghoest

Its lame indeed - but to be honest its not hurts your side.
    the majority of the time this happens there more medics than needed and people are just farming.
  7. Daikaze

I've had times where I couldn't rez certain people. Perhaps this is why you weren't rezzed?
  8. Alvar

I have seen the same thing today when we the VS was attacking the Crown.
    2 medics rezzed over 10 ppl but not me. They where using lvl 1 med and I use lvl 6. Whenever they rezzed ppl (before I died) the came back with low health and died again and again (XP spounges). Then I stepped in and use my nanites to heal and used rez grenades, they started to loose a lot of XP. The battle was somewhat turning. Then I died and the just ignored me for over 2 minutes. After that I respawned some where else.
  9. Bad_idea

Then there are the medics who flatly refuse to heal you no matter what. Apparently only using the class for its self-healing ability.
  10. Talizzar

Who has time to think about this kind of stuff in the heat of battle?

I don't rezz people that die out in the middle of a crossfire or in very dangerous places. I could care less what class they play. MAX's will get 1st attention if I can get to them.
  11. SinerAthin

It's just piss-poor game design.

And it could be easily fixed by giving all the medics a shared EXP, and more medics healing = more shared EXP, and thus the medics will heal/protect each other more because it furthers their own end(which is getting as many certs as possible).

People play the game the way it encourages them to, and it is the game designer who decides how people will play.
    • Up x 1
  12. LiquidGG

What has a MAX-Unit do to with Combat Medics?

Btt: I hate those CM who gun down friendlies and then rezz them..... Everytime I see somebody doing this I TK him until he stops.
  13. Sparks

When there is a dead body in front of me when I play medic it's safe to assume some NC/VS killed him so I need to take care of that first before I attempt to rez.

So many people rambo rezzing nowadays, I don't want to be rezzed untill after you killed the person that shot me down it remembers me of this:

14. K-On

Seen it all the time when I was a medic, I was more a "combat" than medic but I still res people. Unlike the guys who would just watch u dead. It's noting new to me, but their are medics who do res u seen a lot of those to but they are mainly max medic gun lol.
  15. Talizzar

Do you play the same game as the rest of us? Combat Medics CAN revive MAX'S, then it will take a Engineer to bring them back to full health.

You don't get any experience for healing or reviving players that have been TKed.

It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
    • Up x 1
  16. Efferil

I've been killed by other medics for no apparent reason.. and not resurrected :/
    Personally I res everything I see ^^
  17. RachelGomez

The reason is quite apparent to me. It means you won't be "stealing" their XP.
  18. Trysaeder

Ever think that MAYBE it was an accident, and the medic is reviving them out of politeness? You don't get XP for reviving people killed by friendly fire.
  19. Phantam

I personally prioritise MAXes and fellow Medics first, and the moment I die none of the other medics rez me. It is quite a big problem.
  20. ArcKnight

agreed i rez other medics first, but they don't do the same for me till they revive everyone else
    this is BS