Rocket Launcher and C4 need a nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Instantshot, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Shoniku

OP, are you serious? The physical amount of one package of C4 that an LA trooper tosses on you is, realistically, enough to cause a building to collapse.

Armor kicks enough *** as it is, please do not suggest anything without seeing how it affects players other than yourself.
  2. Instantshot

..., this is wide complaint among tanks on the server I play on.

Make what you will of this.
  3. failbot

And they require 5 rockets to destroy you. If you are terrible enough to be hit by 5 rockets, you deserve to die.

Just drive over a slight bump and the rocket will hit the ground...
  4. Fox234

Well OF COURSE tank drivers hate it. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It kills them, why would they like it? its the same reason tank drivers b*tch about AT mines. You're not meant to be invincible in a tank. Clearly you're trolling.
  5. {joer

3/10

Some people bought it.
  6. Seryi

7. Tasogie

A single shoulder launched missile can kill a M1. that's a 55 ton MBT, they are called "Javelins" so the fact it takes 4-5 rockets to kill 1 tank in game means you are strong enough already.
  8. forkyar

9. Nivaurum

Whew! I was hoping this would be a Vanu player. He certainly doesn't speak for all tank drivers, and I for one am glad to see he's here representing the purple and teal. ;)

In response, even though I spend most of my time driving a Prowler, I realize that infantry have it tough enough already. If anything, the rocket launchers (NOT the rocket pods) should be made a bit more powerful. Not that I want to die even more quickly when that situation inevitably presents itself, but the infantry should have a fighting chance against tanks.

As for C4, I don't know how powerful it is, but it certainly costs enough to cert into two bricks, so I think those two bricks should be able to kill anything currently in the game.
    • Up x 1
  10. xBoneBreakerx

you are aware that 2 x C4 is not enough to kill a tank right? the tank needs to be damaged a bit before 2 x C4 can kill it... and rockets? really... unless they shoot u in the rear (witch is hard to get to if the tank acually moves) it takes 3-5 rockets just to kill a lightning... even more fore a MBT... so all i see is a QQ i got killed tread with no actual content....
  11. Gavyne

Tanks in this game are like Battlefield 3, strong on offense, weak on defense. They are a big chunk of metal, slow moving, slow turning, and they stick out like a sore thumb. You roll a tank in, everybody sees you, and everybody starts wanting to blow you up. Why? Because if they didn't, they would die.

I think the balance is fine. Tanks are not supposed to be super duper strong. This is a game afterall, so you need to balance the pro with cons. People need to stop driving the tanks as if they are invincible. Once you realize that, you'll understand tanks are strong, but you need to play defensively, evade a lot, and try to take cover and avoid rockets. If infantry gets up near you, that's your fault. You by all means have the range advantage over infantry. So stop driving your tank into the mass infantry if you don't want to get blown up fast. Keep your tanks further away, it'll ensure you better survival.

Tanks have many counters, but then so do infantry. It doesn't mean it's easy for infantry to plant C4, they have to get close, and that's taking great risks.
    • Up x 2
  12. Bill Hicks

I die to rockets all day. They are actually quite balanced
  13. Tasogie

Also none in this game wants to play it as its made to be "Combined Arms" Everyone's Rambo, an everyone is an army in their own mind... Just look at these forums, dripping in spam posts an demands like little kids round the Xmas tree... The forum has no content worth reading no fun discussion, no nothing... Just endless spewing rants about "waaa it isn't fair I want or els I'm leaving...."

You cant expect the game to be played well when your player base is that far up it's own **** :)
  14. THEONYXHERO

C4 is unbalanced right now.

Not that it does too much damage, it's damage is fine, BUT it should have a small arming time to plant and it shouldn't be droppable from the sky. You should only be able to plant C4 from being planted on the ground. Right now you just have LA's zerging flying past everything from rooftops to blow up a Sunderer spawn or what not or a tank. Get a sunderer spawn, boom it's gone from C4 from a LA. I don't mind the damage it does, it's fine.

Same should be applied to Proxy mines, BBs, Claymores and tank mines. They should be set up strategically, not throw down after zerging into a group of enemies. Also, make BB's, claymores and tank mines more visible (like claymores are). Tank mines don't seem to render unless you're 5 feet away from them.
  15. Achmed20

i blew up like 30 of your kind today, survived nearly every attempt and it felt awesome.

and because of that, im goign to have a fine glass of tankdriver tears right now *slurp*
  16. Achmed20

not true!
    a tank WILL blow up unless you palced it on the front or so.
    galaxys and sundays wont. but sunday might at least burn to death.
  17. Captain Sandwich

Rockets are slow and you really shouldn't have a problem with them. If a lone heavy takes you out, you probably just suck. They can take you out with direct hits with practically all their ammo, you should be able to take them out with one well aimed shot.

If you're having problems with C4, you just really suck. They have to cert 700 points into C4, run through an empty field directly at you, passing through a very wide margin where you could turn him into a fine pink mist, avoid getting run over, plant C4 and pray that you don't move an inch, run away and finally blast the C4.

You have to spend no certs, keep moving, and aim a single missile at his feet.

Besides, if they nerfed both of them, how the hell would infantry counter tanks without these basic tools?
    • Up x 1
  18. siiix

they perfect as they are !

if anything the AV rocket need to be fixed so when its locked on it will actually hit the target and not bug off some of the times
  19. siiix

its actually the BACK of the tank and not the front.. ALL tanks have no armor at the back.. the front is the most protected
  20. Tigga

Two words: proximity radar. If you're going to be getting that close to enemy infantry at least cert into something that lets you see when they've got you outflanked.

Tanks aren't built to engage enemy infantry at point blank. Especially magriders, and especially without a gunner. If you are doing it, you need to be moving. Movement will make people miss you, will mean that people with a narrow field of fire can't hit you in the first place, and means you're pretty damn hard to drop C4 on. If you're unsure of your rear armour you shouldn't be where you are. If you're unsure of both flanks you should be rolling out backwards pretty sharpish, and if you're unsure of one flank you should be pretty cautious. When in doubt, move toward safety.