[Suggestion] Certification Refunds. A MUST!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by YelkoBurger, Dec 23, 2012.

1. BaldGibbon

I would say it is essential to recert your toon occasionally.

I created my 3 characters on the simple basis that I chose the weakest side on 3 seperate servers and joined them. Now one of those sides is completely dominating the server.

I hate playing on the dominating team.......But i cannot swop to the side being slaughtered due to all the cert points invested in my toon.
    • Up x 1
  2. Talizzar

If we have to suffer over a so called UPGRADE then the devs have dropped the ball terribly! They need to tell us in more precise detail what exactly all these do especially for weapon X or that you can only equip top armor or side or rear but not all 3. You can only run one type of armor at a time.
  3. Gamebob

Once a year for free....Like the implant remapping freebie in EVE. Once a year only!!! CR path is a choice you made so live with it.....Make it like a Christmas present like the other game.
  4. DeadAlive99

The thing is, we don't get to test out certs, and the information in game and in the wiki's, etc., is insufficient at best. Plus, they still have some certs that don't even appear to work (compensator).

No testing, lousy descriptions, buggy.......but no refunds? That's rough. I mean, that's really, rough, especially for a new game trying to hold onto players.

How about these ideas:

* Add this feature to the subscription package. All subs get a limited recert option, with some kind of time delay, such as 1 week or one month between exchanging and respending:

-- Monthly: 50% penalty, 1000cp/month cap, plus 2 week delay between refund and respend (i.e., removing a 100 cert item would get you 50 certs back, but you have to wait 2 weeks to respend them and you can't remove more than 1000cp(500ref) of items in one month)

-- Semi anual: 25% penalty, 2000cp/month cap, and 1 week delay
    -- Annual: 0% penalty (Full point refund, no cp cap, and no delay)

* All players: Limited testing of certs. Try out a cert for 1 hour of actual in-game time, not calendar time.

* SC customers: Every $10 of SC bought also buys you a one time 500cp refund at 50% penalty (250cp actual) and 2 week delay. This bonus could carryover for life, or it could expire after 6 months or something, but it is slightly less nice than the monthly subscription bonus.

* Direct purchase of refund ability: $5 of SC buys you 2500cp refund with zero penalty and no delay.
    • Up x 1
  5. Uben Qui

You do know that there are games out there called MMORPGs that charge 60 bucks for the initial game and then 15 dollars a month, right? Where the term nerf comes from? Places like Eve, WoW.. a myriad of others that people had to figure out what was best, refigure what was best ever nerf or buff.. right? Places where you roll a char and are stuck with it or have to re-roll...

All while having 60 bucks in and paying that 15 a month.
  6. Schenck

I don't really see why it's a "must", since unlike other MMORPGs, you will never cap out on certs due to a max level or something. As long as you keep earning XP, you'll keep earning certs. So any certs you spent on the "wrong" thing are only a temporary setback.

Also I wouldn't like to see people continuously withdrawing thousands of certs on an option just because the devs decide to nerf things later. That 500-1000 certs tier at the end of many options should be a true commitment - not feel like a temporary asset that can be moved around later.
  7. DeadAlive99

But this is f2p, like it or not. A necessary chunk of the game's population are free players. At the very least we need to be able to quality test our certs before committing to them.
    The problem is that not everyone games for 40-60 hours a week. Lots of gamers ranging from 2-10 hours per week, and wasting certs can be a big deal.
    • Up x 1
  8. Schenck

So? It still costs both types of players the same game hours to make up for that "loss".

And again, the norms of MMORPGs don't apply here because there's no content progression that you have to "keep up" with. The bonuses granted by cert upgrades are minor edges, totally overshadowed by player skill and situation on the battlefield.
  9. Arcanum

It's amazing how some people are afraid of others having a recert option or immediately assume it's going to be in the game without any restriction or cost whatsoever so you can just change cert builds everytime you change classes or vehicle. Like that couldn't hurt profits or anything.

No, having fun is what it's about. Don't force your vision of enjoying the game on others.
    Also, the fact that the most high ranked players right now have over 50 thousand certs accumulated plus the SC items almost all(if not all) of them use breaks your argument.
  10. Nofreenames

a short like 30 min grace period yo undo the last cert you bought would be great, especially with how some levels of certs are broken (like assault jump jet certs 3,4,5 i think), and for the accidental certs (like op certing for wrong pistol) its just a quality of life change not gamebreaking then I think
    • Up x 1
  11. guax

only if it had:

-a 50-100 cert cost
    -a notacable cooldown 1-5 weeks
    - doesn't include weapon unlocks
  12. Streetrip

I'd like it if there was a firing range where you could hop in and play around with combos. For instance what sights and what effect a silencer would have on my griupings etc. But i can also see why not to have it in.

I can also see why not torefund certs. Cert gain remains linear and it's super easy as it is to get them. At one point there will be no motivation to grab more certs. Once that comes around there's a lot less motivation to play. So long as certs remain an incentive to keep playing and the rate of earning them is generous and linear, it's fine the way it is. It could be easier sure but it doesn't need to be.
  13. D0n

You just need a reset button.
  14. Kantner

There is a trial system at least, trial whatever you think you are going to certify into first.
  15. MasterChiefette

I did the same thing when I first started. Spent about 50 certs on something I didn't know you could only have one of at any one time. :( Learned my lesson quick.
  16. SarahM

If that happens and you find out before you respec, you could go into anti air and farm libs...
  17. pR4cs

I agree.
    Certs should be automatically refunded on every weapon and vehicle that is affected by a patch too. I dropped thousands on my ground attack liberator, and would hate to just have to ditch it because of QQing players and the arrival of a nerf...
  18. Arcanum

I was wondering. Did people get refunded for spending extra certs on Reaver flares while the prices were wrong? If they did then we're probably going to get some form of cert refund in the game soonish, even if it's SC only.
    Assuming it's really necessary, of course. If you're a BR90 or 100 you're probably past mortal things like needing cert refunds.
  19. Flarestar

Some of us did. Really depends on what CS rep answered our ticket. That was due to an actual bug in the price, though, not due to a balance change.
  20. Hosp

I'll jump on this bandwagon. A change here and there I can get over, but we're currently a BIT over a change here and there.