Cloaks are 100% invisible at low settings, This needs a Fix ASAP...Pictures Inside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ImGladUmad, Nov 27, 2012.

1. hostilechild

This is hit and miss for me. I play on High/med for some effects (low flora/shadows) typically even at200m i spot cloakers easily. You can just set your particles up (i believe this is the only one needed, but it has other issues to reduce fps).

However, Sometimes even on High/Med the cloaker will be completely invisible on low always invis (NVIDIA 660ti). Other times at 200m i can snipe them. Just yesterday at 50m sniper completely disappeared, even shot full auto where he was in case he wasn't moving, never saw him run. Been more of an issue in past week than before (was thinking maybe some advanced cloak i haven't tried with my infiltrator? or just server lag). I do know i rarely ever run past someone while i am cloaked and not get shot :oops:

I use NV scope on my LA/HA poor cloakers did it mostly to see VS at night.
  2. Slyguy65

Not every one has your special eyes...i wish i had YOUR BRAHND!!!!!
  3. vampwood

The amount of antagonism in this thread is astounding, just because someone has an issue and you don't does not mean the issue does not exsist and insulting their specs and saying how its not SOEs responsibility for peoples computers being bad when in fact they are quite respectable systems.I play with a i7 2600k @4.89ghz and a GTX 670 and only get decentish frames because this game is so poorly optimized its a joke, sure I can play on high with no fps difference but since you have no ability to turn of bloom and other blinding aspects of the game I'd rather not. Cloaks on medium/high are INCREDIBLY easy to spot at any range while playing on low you really have to focus to see them and even then its easy to lose them in the background. So either cloaks need to be brought in line with the low setting or cloaks need to be brought into line with medium/high settings. It needs to be consistent across the board for everyone so certain settings do not give you advantages regardless if they are a high graphics advantage or a low graphics advantage.
    • Up x 1
  4. Boom929

This is probably more specific than just low/medium/high settings. I have everything on low and I can definitely see the cloak, but I have heard other people say they cannot see me at all when we're in the same squad.

I feel like whatever settings I have now actually make it a little bit easier for me to see a cloaked infiltrator, at least when I'm counter-sniping enemies that are in such a way that the sky is a backdrop (vs. a mountain behind them).

With the sky as a backdrop, I currently see infiltrators as a VERY light shadow. I have to focus a bit, but I have been able to snipe them while cloaked fairly easily (which I know is not impossible).
  5. TurboSax

I get the same thing on low, except sometimes on low there's a very faint translucent effect that lets me barely see other Infiltrators. It's sporadic though.

Also, while this could use a fix, it doesn't make it impossible to play Inf. against people with Medium/High graphics, since they're usually oblivious, and it means you still have to use actual tactics and stealth.
  6. alecholman

7. Hoki

lol god forbid hunter cloak work

it lasts for 6 seconds and its loud as ****, lets just have it turn you bright pink instead of cloak you
  8. {joer

Good infiltrators play as if they have no cloak because they basically do not have one.
  9. jiitunary

Good infiltrators play light assault because they are better at everything to do with infiltration besides hacking
  10. badname02

It's the ''graphics quality'' setting that changes this.

The one that adds fog on medium and high. Why? This is basically also your ''shader'' rendering option.

There's another thing people haven't noticed:

Test this out for yourself:

Load the game on medium or high, whatever you normally play as an infiltrator. Cloak. You know you get the Metal-Gear-Solid style cloak. Now turn the ''graphicsquality'' setting (not the one that changes ALL settings, the other one) in-game to low. Cloak again: 100% invisibility.

BUT when you RELOAD the game with this setting on Low and THEN cloak: You're not 100% invisible: You're a light grey-brown see through shadow. Harder to see than on the higher settings but it's NOT the same as when you change from high\medium to low WITHOUT restarting the game...

Trust me this is absolutely 100% correct as I've tested it and several others as well.

That + when you sit crouched and sit still you're harder to see than standing still or running as well. Test it yourselves.

I can even make a video if it's not clear yet...
  11. Glythe

Cloaks ARE visable at low settings... just use IR scopes. GG.