After 3x SC - Air don't rule anymore...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thacyoon, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Imnuktam

Hmm , i didnt notice a whole lot of difference in number of aircraft.

Getting hit by friendly aircraft is still the number one cause of death for me when flying
  2. Raigir

I felt I noticed an increase in aircraft today too. Probably a bunch of people who got rocket pods. Could be my imagination though.
  3. SenEvason

Interesting, going to have to be more careful when getting my Dalton. It should take me too long now that there is double XP. Hopefully this means there will be more tank zergs to take out.
  4. forkyar

5. Tasogie

I die within 10 seconds of taking off, every time, some of that is inexperience at flying, an some of it, is masses of AA. I watched 15 MAX, obliterate a biodome today. They just rolled it up in about 10 mins flat.Other thing is the TKING by planes. I was killed 27 times today by TK's 8 of them in a row, till I signed off for a while. Seems they now have a different thing to do so they dont get shot at.... TKing
  6. Tasogie

well Vanu only use tanks so youll always have plenty. even the TR are making use of them now. on Briggs today 4 TR tanks were aimbotting, an insta killing whole squads.
  7. QuantumGuard

Please tell me how much AA does it take to defend against this, tell me exactly how would you stop this from ground, from spawn room e.t.c. I want to be amused. That's not the entirety of fleet on screen, just a part of it:[IMG]
  8. Tuco

Did they raise the flight ceiling or something?
  9. LameFox

Spawn rooms are not WMD and shout not be expected to be able to take out a fleet of liberators.

Also, I wish an enemy team would do this one time when I'm in my mosquito. It's like they're not even bothering... I see you and one other fighter...
  10. Talizzar

Jealous that our allowance is more than yours? Get a real job and you too can have uber gear!
  11. Tetryon

Then you're very lucky because JAegr has seen a massive spike of AA maxes and A2A rocket spammers. While I was originally thrilled for this as I figured it would improve the infantry playability, all that's changed is now there's even more ground armor rolling around, making infantry even more useless.
  12. Spider0804

Waterson reporting in, 3x sc = air zerg all with pods.

It has gotten WORSE.
    • Up x 1
  13. QuantumGuard

No, it's just that the base is near water level, thus it feels like it's higher than normal.
    So you can't do anything as a defender, spawning inside base. Check. What else can you do from ground? What are you expected to do as a defender? What is expected to be done against fleet of Libs? From the ground. Any suggestions? I thought so :/ So, we are back at who has more air.
  14. Kubor

Unfortunately, it's becoming abundantly clear that Planetside 2 is a actually a rock, paper, cash shop game. Which is a shame. Completely monetising the game over genuinely consistent blance driven game design makes it feel cheap and tacky :(
  15. Sento

Yep thats SOE balancing for you. Either one extreme or the other they never try to do little changes at a time lol.
  16. Thacyoon

That is not fair. They have to make money somehow. Do you really think you can get everything in the world for free, instantly?
  17. saltin

I think we still have a huge Air problem for the simple reason that no AA platform earns certs while all Air weapon platforms earn lots of certs.

Performance is not relevant,it's all about the rate of gaining certs.
  18. SirBurning

Ye, great
    then people will stop complaining about Air.
    (from a 80% pilot :) )

All they need to do is fix the Mass issues. Tanks sliding, Aircraft having instant speedloss.
  19. Xandax

All I see is just much more rocket pod spamming.
  20. Wintermaulz

If they implement Xp per hit mark, all were gonna see is a bunch of ppl with sky guards stat padding with their friend who pulled a galaxy. Easy stat pad. Skyguard+galaxy+deserted Amerish= cert farm. Still, if it gets ppl to roll AA, then go ahead and do it. Don't say I didn't warn you though.