[BUG] Antiair rocketlauncher broken.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Monnor, Dec 15, 2012.

1. L1ttlebear

lol well you are achieving that end so congrats
  2. Sogui

I've seen this bug repeated multiple times from both perspectives. The rocket "hits" the ESF, exploded, I get a hit market, but the ESF loses no health because it appears to explode directly behind the ESF. I've also been in my scythe, had a lock on me, nowhere to run, and I see the thing explode directly behind me in 3rd person, lock is gone, missile gone, no damage.

I've seen it happen with A2A too but it definitely cripple the G2A more since it already suffers from multiple issues.
  3. siiix

we not talking about the bloody flaires , ... we talk about if there is NO flair at all and it still don't find the aircraft while its locked , for many different reasons
  4. JohnSnowman

I bought the Nemesis a while back. After a few sessions my stats where 200 shots. Accuracy 20%. Kills 1.

This was only against air targets. Sure It would make air units unusable if every rocket hit but what bothers me right now is that I cant in any way influence my chances of hitting a fighter. Sure if I lock onto a fighter that is speeding away from me in a straight line and I shoot at it from max range then maybe its my fault that the slow litle rocket cant catch the big bad ESF.

If however the EFS is hovering at 100M with its nose pointed in my general direction and I shoot it still can magically afterburn in a straight line over my head AFTER I have fired and lose the missle if he has enough patience just flying in a straight line...

What im saying is that the mechanics of missle should punish those fighters who allmost land ontop of a tank to shoot at it.
    • Up x 1
  5. bobby_m

6. SixVoltSamurai

Coincidence there's a new air and ground but no dumbfire launcher going up for sale? I think not!

Flak is better, just get a burster arm and forget shooting rockets at air, give em one less thing that can reliably blow them up to whine about.
  7. EaterOfBabies

I think I experienced a new missile tracking bug (new to me anyway) last night on Indar. Had a Scythe slowing flying around in my lock on range.I locked, fired my first missile and watched it track the ESF. The pilot accelerated vertically, then pulled a hard downward thrust and the missile sailed off harmlessly into the sky. I thought to myself "wow, those were some impressive piloting skills" and was about to move on but noticed he didn't leave my lock on range. I quickly obtained another lock and fired. He pulled the same move and the missile was again useless.

Okay I said, maybe he had enough afterburner left for another escape, but surely not now, so let me try one more time since he STILL was hovering around in my lock on range while he was fearlessly shooting things. Locked, fired, same maneuver, same result. This was all right in a row, with no down time for him to recharge his afterburners.

So, with all that said, I'm wondering if the missiles are in fact bugged in many different ways (I already am sure they are bugged with the hit damage), if the Scythe itself is what is bugging the missiles, or if Scythes really have that much afterburner to be able to continuously pull maneuvers like that to escape missiles whenever they please.
  8. The Murdertrain

I'm dissapointed with the rockets in this game in general. It shouldn't take 3-5 rockets to blow up the smallest tank or aircraft.
  9. Frosty The Pyro

it takes 1 (maybe 2) to kill a ESF (of the stock rocket launcher, the seakers do less damage). if you hit the back armor it takes 2 (maybe 3) to kill a lighting. The new devistator does even more damage (but slower projectile speed)

Realy what diapoints me with the rockets is the massive amount of projectile drop, generaly even dumbfire self propeled munitions can naturaly counter projectile drop.

Thats what I want, a dumbfire rocket without weapon drop, give it a high projectile speed and little to no splash and you have a nice skillshot weapon that could operate as AA rocket without a lockong mechanic.
  10. Lavalampe

That's the way the Launcher worked in Beta but it was changed, cause you could easily "snipe" with it against infs and vehicles.

I personally think, that dumbfire and the rocket drop should be removed from the AA Launcher. Instead the launcher should still deal the same dmg like in beta. 2 Hits for ESF's and Liberators. Ok, let's say you need 3 hits for an Liberator now.
    So people who wan't to specialize against Aircraft would be rewarded more. The drawback would be, that they cannot longer fight ground vehicles.

I would love to have an working AA-setup at my HA.
  11. KodiakX

The problem is that the Missile Velocity is unbelievably terrible after the 12/12 patch. A Liberator just has to hover up/down (C or Space) and the missile will miss every single time. It can't even keep up with Galaxies moving on any kind of vertical access. The Missile velocity needs to be restored to what it was otherwise this Launcher is incapable of hitting anything.

Honestly been thinking of asking for a refund for it because I feel like I paid 7 bucks for something that is now 100% worthless a few weeks later.
  12. Bloodlet

Dang and this was going to be one of the first real weapon upgrades I bought instead of just upgrading armors, attachments and getting mines etc. I've been wondering why I haven't seen a lot more G2A missle flying around. I guess I now know why. I still may get it though just to scare pilots away with lock on warnings.
  13. Mulch

I'm up to lvl 14, mostly all as HA. I've still never actually killed an aircraft with a rocket. I did get one with my #1 machine gun once, but it was already weakened.

I can't claim to be expert as to how the game should be changed or whatever. But I know a couple ESF can lock down my outfit which usually has at least 3 full squads in the platoon. The only solution is to bring your own fighters.

As HA our job isn't to kill aircraft. We kill tanks and infantry. Scare them away or draw their fire -- that's our role ('cept it won't earn you certs).
  14. Boogy

I fired 35 shots with mine, 15 of those were aimed at ESF's, only one hit - guy was repairing on the ground, flares were used only 3 times, this thing is pure buIIsh1t.
  15. Rayden78

Too bad nobody in your outfit has a burster max :(
  16. saltin

I wouldn't mind the idiocy of AA weapons if they could at least earn certs as a support role.Problem atm is AA is worthless and buggy and unable to earn any certs whatsoever.
  17. BadLizzard

I barely use the nemesis anymore, only when I am with a bunch of Burster max suits, or to support other AA efforts. Now I have the dual burster max unlocked and it is far more effective than either the Skyguard or the Nem. The best AA really is flying an ESF, I have a dedicated AA Scythe loadout that I run and it is very satisfying.

But you are right it really does minimal damage when it does hit, and the lock-on is unbearably long considering this damage. If it isn't going to hurt then it should lock on much faster and fly faster. (and hit them)
  18. JDCollie=VX9=

I was taking you seriously until you said this.

Why in the hell should the little launcher you paid no resources to use be able to one-shot a vehicle someone else paid 200 aircraft resources for? If that is how you want it to work, then the ground-to-air rockets should cost you 200 infantry resources to resupply and have a ten minute timer on them.

The G2A launchers need to be fixed, not buffed.
  19. Grayday

I wish I had read this thread before wasting certs on the Nemesis. The only thing it's good for is scaring enemy pilots with the lock-on. They usually take evasive action, disrupting any attacks. If they knew it was from a launcher, they would probably not do a thing. So I'm helping my teammates, but not getting any XP for it. Oh well, Santa may recognize my good deeds this year.
  20. Rodinvac

I stopped using mine after one too many times where I fired all my missiles at one target (Liberator) only to get ONE hit out of all the missiles. Waste of SC.