How to balance NC infantry?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rendezvous, Dec 4, 2012.

1. dr_Fell

DPS = RoF x Damage per Bullet. And TR weapons are those, that usually have highest DPS.
  2. DickJohnsonn

I enjoy playing NC and don't seem to have a problem. To see proof of this watch me with the NC 137th outfit on Soltech
  3. Rendezvous

1. You obviously haven't played enough to understand screen shake.
    2. High damage doesn't mean we do better, there are other factors that affect gun performance.
    3. Maybe
    4. Maybe
    5. Recoil is a bit too insane on some of our guns right now.
    6. http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=rendezvous
    I believe you're the one that needs to L2P. Next time, look up people before you talk trash.
    If you are also interested in reading another thread I made about how NC is outgunned in many situations, here it is: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/one-of-the-biggest-problems-with-nc.66906/
  4. Donahew

damn you and you BR 38. How have you played 8 days?
  5. deaded

Actually an easy way to balance NC guns, is nurfing the "flinch" for fast ROF overall. No matter the faction.

With a slow gun you can aim as perfectly as anyone else, keeping your xhair on targets high chest / chin 24/7, but still shots wont connect. With slower guns, shots go nowhere near where you are aiming in a shootout. After some shootouts where you hardly hurt your enemy, but kept your aim steady, there is nothing to do but draw a long breath and ask yourself "WTF DONT SHOTS CONNECT?!".
  6. neg

nerfing flinch still gives TR/VS the advantage considering the ROF on every single one of their guns is higher than the NC counterpart

i just love the whole having to aim at their center mass with the GR-22S, oh burst fire? sure and lose the fight straight out? when TR can have their mouse1 glued down with the Carv and we have to burst fire..

yeah, good job soe.. good job
    • Up x 1
  7. TheBlade009

I don't think any of you who are complaining about the newcon being underpowered have given a fair and unbiased play of all 3 factions if these are your conclusions.
  8. deaded

As NC, try out GD7F, GR22 or EM1. Thats the best we can do atm. EM1 is still bit slow (but the fastest one we got) and "all over the place" COF-wise, but I reckon SOE will add a new NC HA later, so we have a valid fast ROF HA option. "Reckon" = "Hope" tbh :(

After playing the other factions some, our HA wpns definitely got something strange about them COF/bloom-wise. Shots just dont connect, even with "perfect" aim, and this is also the case with EM1 (the fast HA) if target is like just beyond melee-range.

I cant complain bout the GR22 and GD7F (for medic/LA/eng) tho, those guns are freakin' excellent. Shoots fast as hell and rly easy to keep aim, also in shootouts. Headshots almost guaranteed at mid-close, if you go for them. My impression is that especially NC HA is in a rly bad place (even after the supposed "buffs" we got with first game update).

And, pls dont give me spreadsheet-numbers, I dont think they reflect the situation tbh. Theres other "hidden" variables that makes these slow HA guns really hard to use, esp. in a shootout. To those telling us to "burst" at close/mid, fu. Thats not a viable option, cause COF resets way too slow. Fast bursting dont reset it, so if you dont wait long enuff between bursts youre really gimping it even further.
  9. hellin

And do not think that the truth hits from 5-6 AC-X11 (17 out of 20 points of damage, the entire clip in one of the enemy), or from the initial LMG NC (18 out of 20 points of damage)? You do what?
  10. neg

Played VS/TR for 99% of the beta, VS getting more than TR, have played NC since it came out of beta...

i can tell you that there is a problem here, it isnt just an opinion formulated from 10minutes of gameplay

Yeah we have two good weapons, TR have 9 weapons in the top 15.. 3 of them being LMG's.. afaik

quite hilarious
  11. deaded

Ye ... :(

I guess this is the problem. SOE ment for us to burst fire, I guess - also in CQC/med. And this is not an option. COF takes way too long to reset, and if you burst too fast, COF wont even reset - and then you **** it even more. And if you ADS, you have no idea how big your COF is anyway, all you see is your ironsight or dot/scope.

Telling us to burst on anything but outside long ranges is bit of an insult.
  12. neg

you cant even burst long ranges with NC LMG's either, i could drop 500certs into the Gauss SAW and it would still be worse than my GR-22S, which is garbage as it is.

Sucks so bad considering the Heavy specific gun for NC is terrible aswell, the Piston is infinitely better and can be used by all classes..

Boggles the mind m8
  13. MrK

I wonder what the 2 shots burst mode on my EM6 is for ....
  14. neg

Kidding right?
  15. MrK

Why would I? I use it all the time for long range engagement, and the amazing thing is, I hit people with it. I don't see how I "can't burst long range". I've not lost a long range engagement vs ennemy HA since a long time, and I'm your-average-guy.
  16. deaded

I burst with EM6 outdoors and long range, and its not that bad tbh. SAW and GD is just sadomasochism imo :) Some say they like it, but when I play other factions I never get killed by those guns. Like ... NEVER. Once in a while if a low-BR NC is shooting at me from behind while im in a shootout with another NC, maybe.

Wish SOE'd put this a description somewhere (that these guns require proper aiming and slowa$$ bursting), but ppl have to run to forums and use IRL cash to perform, while the other factions get their goodies from the get-go.
  17. neg

Hit and kill are two entirely different things, i mean i can kill people with the GR-22S and the Saw, i just dont see why we should be forced into using one gun for each range when TR can just spam Carv at all ranges.. not to mention they have their Carv variants lmao
  18. MrK

I exclusively use EM6 as HA. Give it a good long try, imho, you may like it more than you think at first. Once modded it's pretty good and I rarely really feel that disadvantaged.
    I'm on par with CARV at close/mid, and they seriously can't outgun you long range. CARV spammer at long range is going to lose to anyone bursting. Once you both burst, high alpha on NC weapon makes you win.

I have long range and CQC favorites on my HA, but the only change between both is in the optics department
  19. deaded

Maybe Orion, but the T9 can really burst nicely for some med/long-range kills. Actually I prefer it to EM6 (both with upgrades), but that might just be me loving high ROF, feeling more at home with that. Something about the d-d-d-omph on T9 makes it such an easy all-arounder.

Disclaimer: IMO.
  20. MrK

That's the point, actually, we are on difference levels now that can be down to opinions, mostly :)