How to balance NC infantry?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rendezvous, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Rendezvous

According to my experience from playing a lot the past few weeks, I do think the NC is underpowered slightly compared to the TR and VS. However, I think there is a few easy ways to balance this out.

1. Make our shots more accurate when screen is shaking.
    2. Buff damage by 2%-5%.
    3. Increase reload speed.
    4. Increase ammo count.
    5. Decrease recoil slightly.

Any of these options would work in my opinion. Share your opinions?
    • Up x 2
  2. medbot544

6. L2P
    • Up x 14
  3. Rendezvous

I wouldn't be talking trash if I didn't know the person.
  4. Ganelon

NC Burst damage is insane. If I get hit by 4 bullets from a NC, I'm dead.
    • Up x 3
  5. Rendezvous

Like I said, this is from experience, I've been on the opposite side of an NC weapon and the one holding an NC weapon. Overall, I came up with those options based on what I've experienced on the field, not just stand-still shots. Maybe, it's easy to kill with stand-shots, but you also have to factor in if the enemy is moving and other situations.
  6. Badname3073

7. Wear an outfit patch while gaming (+1 to hit, +2 to damage, stacks up to 5 patches).
    • Up x 1
  7. Ganelon

As have I. Came to the conclusion that the NC (on my server) are just whiny ******* and should man up.
    • Up x 1
  8. medbot544

Not talkin trash, I play NC as well and do just as good as any other faction I play. You have to BURST fire and when you learn to do that; you will mop the floor with any other faction due to much more bullet dmg.
  9. Rendezvous

Idk which server you play on, however, my outfit is one of the most organized and tactical outfits out there for NC across every server. We do believe there are balance problems with the NC being outgunned in a majority of fights and have been testing.

Maybe your main is TR and you look at NC as whiny people, but have you ever thought of why they do it?
  10. Iksniljiksul

Deep fried is the way to go.
  11. Rendezvous

Burst fire for NC doesn't work as well if screen is shaking. If you and an enemy go one-on-one, you will most likely lose due to the screen shaking which increases your recoil even more. This is especially important in medium-long ranges.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ghoest

Honestly the entire issue is recoil and bloom from screen shake.
    • Up x 3
  13. Ganelon

Yeah, that's why I jumped on another server with NC, was racking up quite a bit more kills than with my TR main.
  14. Sento

The problem is landing those 4 hits outside of close range, and going for headshots and medium range? forget it lol, I don't even try. With high recoil and inaccurate guns it's a bit much. I'd like to see one of those buffed in some form, preferable accuracy. I can learn the recoil patterns and fight it but the inaccuracy I can't. I don't even mean the COF bloom, the first shot is off target about half the time.
    • Up x 1
  15. Rendezvous

And would you kindly post a picture of your stats?
  16. Ganelon

OP is suggesting a damage buff, in case you didn't see. Which is completely, ******* ******** on a NC gun.

Maybe if you post a picture of your TR stats.
  17. Rendezvous

The 2%-5% damage buff is only one option, I didn't say that's the only option. The other options factors in more situations such as screen-shake.

So what about that picture of you doing better as NC?
  18. medbot544

I personally see no problems here.

Most NC guys who cry buffs/nerfs always tend to discount that their vehicles are superior.
    • Up x 1
  19. Rendezvous

Our vehicles are not 3X better than VS/TR tanks. They're only slightly more superior. Nothing a good team of anti-vehicles can't take care of.
  20. Ganelon

And I'm not sure about that recoil option, ammo increase or reload speed increase either. As I've seen many NC smarten up and use their guns on single shot when at longer ranges and one NC shot does quite a bit more damage than a TR/VS shot.

Depends, where's yours?

Our guns aren't 3X better either.