The Terran Republic Are Not Evil...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jartor, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Cyz

blue team are good guys
    red team are bad guys
    • Up x 1
  2. lordprinceps

BEGONE EVIL RED ONES!
    THE CHILDREN OF VANU SHALL SMITE THOU WITH SPANDEX AND DISCO!
    • Up x 1
  3. medbot544

But the goggles, they do nothing!

On a more serious note, thanks for this thread. I would never have guessed any of this playing the game. Wtb in game tab with lore and information about what the heck is going on!
  4. Jartor

My favorite part about this thread was the political comparisons.
  5. Zapon

For now..

See, this is the biggest problem for the Sovereignty.

If the Vanu somehow reappear or are rediscovered- the implications of that on the VS .... >_>

It's no surprise what the TR will think of the original Vanu- and the NC wouldn't care- as far as they'd be concerned, there'd be no diff between them and us.

6. Eduard K.

TR is evil, you will be liberated soon.
  7. Himax

NONE of the factions are necessarily good or evil. The only have VERY differing ideals.

The Freedom of choice which is granted by the New Conglomerate comes at the price of reliability; if you perform well, you get whatever you want. If you don't you are left with little by which you CAN try to perform better. Still, a miserable free man is better off than a happy slave.

The Vanu offer advancement as a race at the cost of your current understanding of it... The ability to advance is vital, but if your path is given to you, you don't get to choose where it goes. If the path their leaders choose is a good one, then they will have a very happy future. If that Vanu tech is a good as it's cracked up to be, they'll be fine.

The Terran republic offers certitude at the cost of choice--which we as Americans have always been taught is a bad thing-- but that doesn't mean they can't pull it of, so long as their leadership CARES about those under them. A tight leash is surprisingly tolerable if it is a LONG leash.

Freedom, Prosperity, and a plan for the Future are ALL things a civilization needs. The three factions just have these things held in differing levels of priority.
  8. ShadowWolf TR

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Lore
    http://planetside2stream.com/planetside-2-lore-part-1/

Even Devs agree with us... The TR actually brought peace for centuries on Earth.. the NC was started from cooperation leaders that revolted against the TR. The VS leader found a Vanu artifact that made they practically worship the Vanu, which also focused on technology, but the VS realized if they didn't fight they wouldn't have a say in what would happen (either the TR and NC would)

to you people who think the TR are making propaganda, WE HAVE THE DEVS AGREEING WITH US ITS THE TRUTH

to the people who think the NC are nothing but freedom fighters, THEY WERE STARTED BY COOROPERATION LEADERS WHO WANTED TO AVOID TR LAWS TO MAKE MORE MONEY <---- you might ask, whats wrong with having more money? they didn't care what they had to do to get it...

to the people who think the VS are a tech worshiping cult, THEY AREN'T LIKE THAT, THEY'RE JUST THERE, NOTHING COMPLICATED THEY JUST WANT A SAY IN WHAT WILL HAPPEN ON AURAXIS.

when idiots make up lies and insults about the other factions is shows how stupid you look. if you're actually gotta make propaganda about yourself then your faction is desperate

coughNCcough
    you guys are the ones who give TR and VS a bad name, while only listing false good things about yourself
  9. Lord Robert

I chuckled.
    I wish they still made funny movies.
  10. Wariamu

Yeah I have to admit the new lore doesn't make THAT much sense and ... I have no idea why they would want to start over with the lore? Wasn't the one in Planetside 1 good? It's Planetside 2 not Planetside Reborn. It should bring new things in the game not make it over.

Anyway what does it change, 1% of the players know something about the story of the game because NONE of it is in the game. So the story does not matter AT ALL. And I'm honestly disappointed they did not add more story into the game as it was something missing in Planetside 1.
  11. RazorBlades

Well someone has been listening to all the NC crazy talk, you will find out soon enough that the NC are just terroist
  12. Kociboss

TR so strong, no passport needed!
  13. Cowabunga

TR are NEO-ROME not communists. The republic already counters that arguement.
  14. SOE-MOD-08

Please do not bump old threads. Locking it down.

Thank you,
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.