Not enjoying the game any more.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xXGenesisXx, Dec 18, 2012.

1. ripster0

So the game either needs to make it so these death balls cannot accomplish much unless they are running into each other (reminds me of a post I saw this morning about PS1's lattice system) or make it so a manned defensive outpost has a shot at defending, or at least make it fun enough, instead of just being farmed for XP because of those who refuse to get with the program not worry about defending.
  2. Xandax

It is the exact reason why I usually just log in and join at The Crown.
    Seems to be the place where you find most infantry, although I see more and more tanks and airplanes there as well - however there's still a good deal of infantry trying to either make it up or down.
    And it's usually a 3-way battle as well. Pushing back and forth between the surrounding zones.
  3. {joer

I think the problem isn't ESF's or tanks, the problem is the open base design most bases have. Even when you find cover from tanks they can shoot in open doors and the like.
  4. lsp1

I'm having fun, learn, adapt, overcome. Nc on genudine where just warpgated on all three continents. We fought hard on indar, against so much air and ground spam you wouldn't believe. We where at 30% indar pop and VS had 51%, but we pushed them back, and retook almost half the map. I have some video of it actually, maybe I'll up it some time.
  5. OutbreakMonkey

Maybe it's nostalgia but I think tactical FPS aren't what they used to be.

The Battlefield series became mindless zerg fights and now Planetside is much the same.
    I see so much dumbed down crap in this game that it makes me sad.

Where's stamina? Where's implants? Where's having to defend a hack rather than just piling into an area? Where's my cloaked AMS? C'mon Sony it was stuff like that which set you apart from the crowd.
    • Up x 2
  6. Yeo-Yin

i played neocron 2 a bit. And, it was more fun than planetside 2.
  7. xXGenesisXx

Meaning what ? Join the zerg and cap undefended bases? Where if some enemy shows his head tanks are ramming each other and mowing down friendlies to be the ones that shoot him ? No thanks . Its even hard to attack as infantry while being in a friendly zerg . You either get road killed by friendly or shot by a friendly tank thru a window thinking he is a CQC fighter and trying to get that kill. Or even being nuked by your own force nades.
  8. Yeo-Yin

it means that he has a k/d of 1.4.
    sorry, the average is 1. Is this game fun for everybody, is this game fun for people with a k/d < 1 ?
  9. Tuco

lol.
  10. xXGenesisXx

my k/d is 2.34 and i am not having fun . As i used to at the start when i had lower then 2 k/d but played infantry a lot more .
  11. Skillet

Thats exactly where I head also if i can get there. Alloys use to be fun also until they added the trees near the spawnpoint to deter the use of AA max. Now ESFs can easily hover there. Great 3 hour battle at the Crown the other day. Keeps me playing.
  12. Eli

I think the bad base design is responsible for all the spam. If vehicle battles actually happened between bases instead of IN the bases, if the bases were designed for real infantry combat, it would already be a lot better.
    If the base design doesn't change, it'll still be bad even if the balance is better.
  13. xXGenesisXx

Even when flying a Scythe i manage to shoot people thru windows and doors...its ********. Not talking about the tanks surrounding the base and HE spamming anything stupid enough to spawn there and try to actually do some defending .
  14. Eli

Yeah, exactly. The spawn rooms are terribly placed, and the bases should have doors (I mean, doors that you actually have to open) more rooms/corridors/stuff and less windows to actually promote infantry fights. And there should be some sorts of huge walls to prevent tanks from spamming the whole base.
    • Up x 1
  15. SGTalon

I find it interesting that in my experience everything is exactly the opposite from the OP.

I rarely get into a situation where it is all grenade spam. Or rocket spam, or Anything spam. Sure there is the occasional Outfit that rolls 50 tanks around the map taking everything they get to, but those are fairly rare.

The idea that Scythe needs to be more powerful seems completely backwards to me. I am CONSTANTLY overwhelmed by Scythe pilots. I have never survived a Scythe attack from my Sunderer, Lightning or Prowler even with good gunners. I have never survived an attack by Air from ANY vehicle unless i was in a band of 10+ vehicles.

The infantry battles i get in are always Gun Battles. 75% of my kills are from my Medic TRV. And I don't think i am alone.

I think that sometimes people look at the game from the way they play only and never think about the other side of things. If people did that a little more often, we would probably see a lot less complaining on the forums.
  16. Tuco

Every single base in the game would have to be completely redesigned.
  17. Eli

I totally know that. But in my opinion the base design is the biggest problem with the game, and needs to be changed.
    I'm sure there are simpler ways to fix the game though, at least I hope so...
  18. Littleman

A good start would actually be just keeping tanks outside the walls, and making flak turrets actually effective against aircraft. Since there's no underground, the open ground COULD work if it weren't for the tanks and aircraft pretty much pinning the defense inside their own spawn room.

Mostly, this isn't exactly a problem with base design so much as infantry effectiveness against armor and aircraft. Everyone starts off with a $#!%%& dumb-fire rocket and a single burster arm strapped to a 10m cooldown MAX suit. It's a crap shoot if the rockets will actually hit a tank outside of 25m, and TWO burster arms are already only so effective against ESF as to simply chase all but the dumbest of them away. A single arm won't amount to squat. Also, that rocket launcher? Worthless.

HA need laser guided rockets. SOE needs to design, implement, and allow engineers, medics, and LA access to an NS-15 Rocklet Rifle with no drop to its rockets. Both burster arms really should be free. For that matter, the AV weapons for MAXes could stand to actually do damage, or is it just the TR MAX launchers that suck major ****s?

I'd rather not restrict armor and aircraft acquisition too hard. Rather, I'd prefer if they were balanced around infantry capabilities, and that any infantry man, regardless of class, could give them a lot of trouble. And if pilots are too big of pansies to keep flying when they can actually be shot down, fine. The game should be designed with infantry (you know... the core role of an FPS) as the primary focus for all things: balance, landscape design, base layout, everything.
  19. xXGenesisXx

Read again.
  20. Lucidius134

Yeah I agree. Maybe if resources were more of a factor and nade carry capacities were lower? Back in beta I thought you had to buy a grenade manually every time you spawned so that's probably why they were less of an issue (they were still really darn strong).