Planetside 2 ist a game full of empire *******

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nariquo, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Nariquo

sorry that i say that BUT i played in alpha beta and since the realease. and since 2 weeks the empires dont want to fight each other. is tr on inda then nc and vanu is on the other continents.
    and when they took it they change. really . i dont play the game to attake empty bases. this game is based on WAR!!!!!
    definition of war in games: two or more armies attake each other. i love this game and my team always search for the enemy. and after half and hour they just go to another continent THATS BORING.
  2. Arsinek

The problem youre referring to is the lack of point in this game or in other words lack of meta game.
    • Up x 1
  3. omega4

Don't blame players for gaming the system.

Blame the ones who designed the system in the first place.
  4. Nariquo

well why? i mean ok there is no upper target to gain control of a continent, but is it SO MUCH FUN so avoid fights? is it so much fun to role from one empty base to another?
  5. Mietz

Apparently yes, else nobody would do it.
  6. Phyr

The problem is there isn't enough reason to fight each other. If it's not a clear win then find somewhere else to spawn.
  7. lsp1

Is English your first language?
  8. lsp1

Or don't be a *****, base capping empty continents is boring as hell. And you would get more certs from actually fighting people then you do from doing that.
  9. Nariquo

no sorry for the bad language but english isnt my first language :)

and what for are you all farming certs for better equip and weapons? when you arent using them for the enemy?
    • Up x 1
  10. Phyr

I agree, but if I fight the zerg on my own it's just a huge waste of time. Whenever there's a decent resistance everyone bails.
  11. InducedApathy

I think part of the issue is unless you have a vehicle or some sort of way to farm XP off a spawn camp while defending it makes very little sense to do so. You don't get anything for it. People can meanwhile go off and back cap smaller bases let the enemy trudge onward take a main base and some others then cap them right back for decent gains. We're talking about 1500-1800xp for a main base cap 750 for the tri point bases (air tower ones usually) and about 350 for the regular little bases. You can do this solo or with a small group of people and earn certs easy. Main bases usually mean 5-10 certs bare minimum for example.
  12. aR2k

People dont like to die, which means they want to play on a continent where they are the superior force, and can zerg over the enemies.

Since there is no real profit of taking a continent (other than the tiny 10% reduced cost), people avoid fighting in the heavy battles and rather joins the zerg at their own continent.

As a vanu player ive been drooling over Indar for quite some time, Indar is one of the hardest ones to take since TR has their warpgate places perfectly compared to vanu and NC. Problem is that most vanu players dont come here, because when we do make a push, the entire TR zerg chases us back to the warpgate, and the numbers we lack are busy chasing TR to the warpgate on esamir.

There is no real reason to try... because it gives you nothing. Instead people play where their side dominates.
  13. Nocturnal7x

I blame server population. In the first week all conts on mattherson were 33/33/33 +- a % or two. And there were queues to get into the server and queues to change conts. I think the issue is there arent enough people populating servers to fill 3 conts with 3 factions, so this is what happens. People go to a continent with good pop for their faction instead of getting steamrolled. If your faction is @ 3% there is no point in being on that cont.
  14. Sworaven

Yup, metagame is non-existent at the moment.

There isn't even some kind of notice when a faction captures a continent, you have to check the map to find out. How stupid is that.
  15. ent|ty

Opposing teams tend to do that in any game that doesn't force them to a bottleneck and thus a front line, they play the circle game, round and round and round. When games went from base vs base type designs, to capture points design, this is when this dizzying style of gameplay developed.
  16. forkyar

17. St0mpy

This round and round thing is made worse by no base defence XP, once its capped the caravan is off.

I know the devs say we get more xp sticking around and fighting, which may be true if people actually did that but you tell that to the 90% who just left you in exhaust fumes minutes after the cap goes up for our team.

Staying means being more and more outnumbered as minutes go by and your last defender team mates give up means the only real strategy is avoid the base till they cap it, and then the caravan will come around again.