Are HE rounds the problem?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by phungus420, Dec 14, 2012.

1. phungus420

I see alot of people complaining about the bombing from liberators, and the tanks at the spawns. Personally I think some people just need to realize when to redeploy (when the spawn is camped with constant explosions at the door it's time to go), but if we just got rid of HE rounds from Tanks and libs then spawn camping would be entirely infrantry and then we could complain about how overpowered the Heavy Assault class is, and the MAX (that already got a nerf I'm told, would have liked to have seen the flying gungum MAX).
    • Up x 1
  2. Bigperm

HE rounds are fine. If you have ten tanks ******** all over your spawn, and you don't understand that it's time to spawn somewhere else and counter-attack....then you don't deserve the base.
    • Up x 2
  3. forkyar

their just crying,because they dont know how to not get farmed,learn tactics its easy.
    • Up x 1
  4. Mordzyloeil

it isn't the HE rounds that are the problem. It's the AP rounds don't have really much power/advantage over the HE round. Why bother taking AP rounds that don't really deal more damage and have no area of effect damage when you can use HE rounds who can do the job against tank and easily kill infantry and prevent field repair ?

That is why, i think, we get to see so many tank swarm. Because there is no real treat to them and efficient way to counter them. If AP rounds had more velocity and a more straigth trajectory, they would get an edge over HE rounds in tank to tank battle. Right now, it feel like to play with artillery when using tank ( with both HE and AP guns ) ...
  5. Bigperm

I agree that AP could use a buff, considering that you're sacrificing a lot of AI potential.
  6. Uben Qui

AP is as strong as it can get without it unbalancing the game. HE just needs less AP is all...
  7. VSDerp

i cant lie i got farmed a few times but i learned my lesson
  8. Baleur

I know, you're right. People just don't know how to play the game. They have some suicidal insane "try the same thing 39 times, if it fails 38 times, try some more" mentality. I thought it was pretty common knowledge these days that trying the same failing thing over and over again expecting a different result is the definition of insanity? Guess not.

I remember in early beta, most ppl didnt have the HE guns or whatever then.
    We just used mana turrets. Every single person attacking the spawn room just plopped a mana turret until there was a beautiful solid arc of mana turrets around each door.

Mowing down everything the instant they appear.
    This is what would happen again if HE rounds would disappear.
    I don't even know why people complain about spawn room farming??

I enjoy it, on both sides. Maybe I am the insane masochist here, am I? Is it really so sick to enjoy heated battles?
    I enjoy it when i'm farming the fools.
    I enjoy it when i'm running out to lob grenades or throw a rocket at the fools sieging.
    Idk, maybe people get too bumhurt by getting killed so it ruins their mood instead of fighting to improve or something?
    Protip, this game is not for you. You're gonna die alot, deal with it.

Dude, i have been using the HE gun for the Magrider since release.
    I got the AP gun last night, just to try what it feels like to be anti-tank for once.

It has twice the bullet drop of the HE gun, at half the range (before it starts to drop).
    I kid you not, it's like they accidentally reversed the values for the weapons or something.
  9. Bejita231

The problem is there is very little incentive to attack armor and air, its far more rewarding to just bomb infantry with HE shells and long range liberators because 1 shot is 1 kill and thats 100 exp, it takes 100s of flak shots to kill a liberator and you will get basically no exp if they just out at the last minute, the game unfairly gives advantages and rewards to unskilled liberator and HE shell camping, simply saying "oh they have Anti Infantry spam, time to leave" is not the answer

I used to play HA, and go after armor, but when i just get basically 1 cert for spending 5+ rockets and dying a bunch of times to try and bring a tank column down i stoped bothering, i now spam grenade launchers on my engineer against squads of infantry and get much more certs doing that, PS2 rewards killing infantry 100x more than kililng tanks/air and thats PS2's #1 issue

Either greatly increase the exp infantry get for killing libs and MBT's, aswell as assist exp, or nerf HE, those are the only two viable options
  10. Hoki

Hard counters are usually a bad idea if they can be avoided, and honestly I think that the secondary weapons on the main battle tanks are enough to make you more AI or AV.

BF3 tank balance vs infantry is good, even though infantry have MUCH better AV weapons and the tanks don't have infantry ****** nukes.

Itt lightnings don't even need to exist, I don't know what they were thinking when they implemented them, should have just made the MAX suit weapons able to perform their roles with 1 arm instead of needing double of everything.

Liberators simply have too much HP. Literally flying tanks.