[BUG] NMG on Vanu does not snare movement speed

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by vampwood, Dec 14, 2012.

1. vampwood

Then it may be an issue with level 1 resist shield on Vanu.
  2. ZeroX

Um, that could be the case but I just tried my TR character and his movement speed was the same when NMG was on, so uhh, yeah..

didn't cert or anything, just a new char.
  3. Cassidia

I did a test today with all 3 factions. Maynly because i wanted to be able to say for sure that its the same for all. I measured the time it took from the doorstep of the warpgate spawnroom to the steps/pole after the vehicle terminals. And i really have to say, the results are very strange:

-when sprinting, every 3 factions showed the same behavior: 10s without NMG, 12s with NMG
    -when walking, the results were different: TR&NC 16s with or without NMG, VS 16s without NMG, 19s with NMG

Now, since some people her claimed the exact opposite it got me thinking. Difference between the chars: my TR and NC heavies had NMG only on the standard lvl 1, my VS heavy on the other hand had it certet to lvl 2. So it seems that upgrading NMG indeed influences the move speed. Would be nice to have a note about that in the tooltip. Further information could be aquired by testing all lvls, but i do not have enough surplus certs to do that, same reason why i did not test the adrenalin shield or resist shield.

Keep in mind this was no precision measurement, just counting seconds with a simple clock. The differences were still very obvious and reproducable.
  4. MNO

I call BS. It definitely slows as VA.

Stop trying to stir the beef.
  5. vampwood

There is a video, showing this, in this very thread. Are you blind?
  6. gunshooter

The issue could be with new characters. I created my VS character only a couple of days ago. However, both my TR and VS have level 1 NMG and clearly the TR is slower.
  7. MNO

Are you dumb?

It's an anomaly that isn't specific to just VS. I play HA enough as NC and VS to know they both have the exact same speed.
  8. Hungus

All I see in that video is some guy who cant even run in a straight line running back and forth.
  9. gunshooter

Vanu players.
  10. Hungus

Nah I saw some TR in the second half of the video too.
  11. vampwood

While it may not be Vanu specific, thats what we found in our short test, if its not the case, its simply a bug across all factions which may be caused by having no certs into NMG, no need to get hostile.
  12. MNO

13. Fbwhytee

I play heavy a lot and yeah, sometimes I am not slowed down - but the majority of the time I am. We should stop flinging **** at each other and try and figure out the cause, and how to replicate it. Currently I am struggling to replicate the effect and each time I am using the NMG it is slowing me down.