i gained 2000 certs in 67 hours

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Louis Farrakhan, Dec 13, 2012.

1. ImGladUmad

I think neither are worth it....But I see why they are asking for the price.

I agree they need better apperance, some guns actually do change the gameplay somewhat a lot but I agree not all.

When I buy things I look at the actual game......Guns are pretty much subsidizing everybody using vehicles for free....

Would it be a hell of a better deal if they sold vehicles in terms of bang for the buck?....Yes it would but then the game will be Pay 2 win.....So when I buy a gun, Im subsidizing that fact...Thats what I see.

But I wouldn't mind things costing less...I only bought bundle of guns which seem worth it for $7 and some gun for 1.20 so far.
    • Up x 2
  2. altonyc

My total certs earned is around 1400, and my total time played is around 51 hours. ~27 certs per hour. It's not the costs that are high, but the gain rate...BUT, the gain rate is so much faster for other actions, that you can't even call the gain rate slow. I rarely gun in liberators, I primarily do recon and leadership for my squad, so I do a lot of time not actually shooting things, looking at the map, and hacking panels and turrets (which give a pitiful amount of exp for the dangers involved). But someone who sits on a zephyr all day can easily make 100 certs in an hour if the enemies are lined up right. Sometimes I'm sorely tempted to not help my team and just farm certs for myself...but I choose to take one for the team, and play to my strengths, even if those don't give a lot of certs. More ways to earn exp for recon, squad leader stuff, panel hacking, galaxy piloting, etc. would go a long way to easing the grind for some players.
    • Up x 1
  3. TerroDragon23

3500 certs in 60 hours
    I just like that it takes a while to get something.
    But i buy Weapons with Station cash.
  4. Gambles

Well then we are on the same level at least lol I almost wish vehicles were unlocked through certs alone, I believe right now one of the big problems we have is with infantry combat taking a permanent backseat because of how easy it is to just use vehicles constantly without worry. But that's another argument.

I also believe if they are going to sell a gun for 7 dollars or even a couple dollars it should be visually appealing along with a fairly different playstyle, now some meet the requirement of playstyle but a lot are just the same skin with a different name and almost exactly the same stats, the actual variation in weapons seems great at first glance for infantry but upon closer inspection there are very few real options.

Vehicle weaponry is kind of a different story at the moment with many 1000 certs weapons being pretty much straight upgrades compared to what comes stock. I hope eventually maybe when the game starts to die down a bit they sit back and look at what they are actually asking people to buy into.
  5. siiix

i hate that this treads always turn in to a braging fest , because those are the only people not shamed to state how much certs they really gain

i doubt you guys are typical , i gained 1280 certificates in 108hours

and that INCLUDED the time with double XP weekend and i even got me a week of 50% XP witch where over lapping

of course people who are average in this game or below usually dont post,, but i dont mind... i just dont want that most people have the impression thats that really how much certificated the majority will gain

i guess either if you a FPShooter god you score well, or if you do nothing else but spam ammo / heal all day long, but if you just a regular player no way you get 6000 certs in 60 hours

also if your a cheater obviously those with 4200KDR gain certificates like no tomorrow
  6. Zerulas

Yeah realistically the median average player earns around 15-20 certs an hour.
    It seems a lot of boosted players love to **** on these guys as not playing the game right, while ignoring the benefits of their own boosters and vehicle weapons.
    If you buy HE tank rounds, rocket pods, a2a missiles, zephyr/dalton, a sub + booster, then you can pretty much get 3x-5x the certs/hour of a free player of equal skill.
  7. Rob2Kx

I got a billion in 5 seconds.
  8. Fuse

Not really, no. I can say pretty confidently that you're not doing very well at the game and that's holding you back. It took me 21 hours to get my first 1000 certs with no bonuses and no large outfit play.
  9. Gary

I have managed to gain 12789 8d 14h 20m I dont care if that is fast or slow. I am having fun whilst i do it with some friends. Sometimes i barely manage 3000 score per hour other times 20k score an hour. Just do what is fun :)
  10. evansra

+1 on the weapons looking more unique. My nc alpha squad gun looks 100% identical to my standard gauss saw :(
  11. Cronoc

According to my stats, playing just under 30 hours has gotten me just under 1000 certs. That number would likely be 100+ less without the double xp weekend.

I would never buy a gun in this game selling for more than 100 certs without using SC.
  12. bPostal

When I read the thread topic I honestly thought this sentence was going to be 'anyone feel the cert cost for weapons is way too low'.
    That's the certs for two weapons in under three days play time. If cert gain was any faster, you'd have much more. What the **** are you going to do when you unlock everything in a week? Say that you've got everything now and you're bored?
  13. aR2k

I make about 55-60 certs an hour, cant complain about that.
  14. Louis Farrakhan

i feel that if a player is playing the way the game is meant to be played, ie team work, terrain maneouvering, you get very little certs. if you play as a solo killwhore, you get lots of certs. but that takes away the whole point of playing in a massive mmo fps.

if i tried to farm certs like some guys stated in this thread, i would become very bored, or even depressed. i dont want to have fun based on other peoples frustration (HE rounds, rocket podding) anyways.

i also want to make a point to SOE. if farmers (HE rounds, rocket pods, gunships) make too many certs, they wont need to spend station cash, and you lose money. the logical decision would be to nerf HE rounds and gunships to keep your profits up.
    • Up x 1
  15. ToxicSystem

I personally just save up my Cert Points, PS2 is not that serious, especially when it never ends. I barely started playing like a week ago, so I usually save up till I reach 100, then I spend it on the 30 point attachments or something I think is good for 100...but I'm coming to the point where I have bought out most of the cheap stuff, and I'm gonna have to start saving up a lot more.
  16. Zapon

What in particular?

I've heard people say that AMS Sundy's are the only way to get certs fast - I wouldn't know, as I don't seek to grind- am too busy staring at the Map planning for my Platoon/chatting with Squad Leaders/usual stuff

, but I ...would not think Liberator gunning would really get you certs that fast.

Maybe i'm out of the loop
  17. Badname3529.

Took me less than 50 hours, and probably, but not by more than 10%.
  18. Azarga

Around 1400 certs in ~30 hours. I think it's fine as I play solo (INB4: lol, soloing in ps2).
  19. ps2f2p

the bad thing is you will need to farm\pay everytime.
    just farmed 1000sc bought new gun.the next day soe release superuber gun.or nanouberarmour whatever.
    its not like bought everything you need and play.
  20. Louis Farrakhan

forcing people to farm and grind will make them burn out very fast, and you lose players in the long run.

i propose to decrease farming xp (xp penalty for spawn camping) and higher kill streak bonuses, basically reintroduce the dynamic xp system from ps1.