Any other NC6 Gauss saw lovers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by keqe, Dec 14, 2012.

1. keqe

This gun changed my life, I was TR for whole beta and for a month in live. Now I am NC only becouse of this weapon. It is accurate. It is deadly. It feels like a gun and not a airsoft shooter like TR weapons. I have never had this much fun as now when I play NC HA with this gun. I see alot of people who hate this gun. Are there any others who love it like me?

I also have no attachments on it yet. I bought other stuff first.

Only thing I dislike about NC is the Reaver. It feels too clunky for a fighter. But I don't fly that much :)
  2. forkyar

3. Intruder313

I genuinely can't be sure of you are trolling or deluded: the default Gauss SAW is terrible because of the Recoil and CoF Bloom.

It jumps all over the screen even with a Grip and down the Reflex x2 (I've not bothered putting the Comp on it yet because it's just so awful).
  4. Monnor

I have no problems with the saw. Cause in bf i always used slow lmgs with a big punch. And i like it more then our smgs.
  5. keqe

You can't shoot it like TR weapons, It does not have bad recoil (Or I just correct it so good) but it has annoying CoF when full auto, but I noticed that when I like hold mouse for like third of a second, then take it off for a tenth of a second and again third of second, it shoots almost like full auto, but it does not generate bad CoF.
    • Up x 1
  6. Yetskii

obvious troll is not obvious ... this time
    • Up x 1
  7. Monnor

I dont get this i use the SAW without anything , and even on long range i can hit, and weird i dont feel much recoil , actually the SAW is the only gun i can handle without any afford. I dont know why.
  8. keqe

I would make video of my gameplay, but the recording programs makes me bad FPS (I already have 25-30 in big fights)

Edit: Why people think I am a troll? It is a good weapon. Atleast for me.
  9. tjalfe

every time i get hit by saws from nc i am like "wtf was that pure headshots?!" xD it does SOOO much burst dmg if people can aim in the slightest.

(granted it could be another version of it ^^ )
  10. MagicBlubber

I hate the gun because i'm TR
  11. C0WB0Y

Standard weapon for my HA. Lackluster until you have compensator and advanced foregrip then it is a devastating support weapon.
  12. TheBloodEagle

I liked it when I tried NC. It's buffed a bit now, TR got nerfed. So it should be working even better against us now.
  13. Yetskii

What NC Buff are you referring to? and only nerf is weapon switch time....not an actual weapon nerf
  14. Degenatron

I love the gauss saw. It works great for me. The CoF gets wild when you hold down full-auto, but that's exactly what you should expect from an NC gun.

My kits:

Short Range:
    • 2x Reflex
    • Suppressor
    • Adv. Grip
    Long Range:
    • 6x Scope
    • Compensator
    • Adv. Grip
    I just picked up the Gauss Saw S. That will become my long range kit gun first because of the fire select mode, and then my short range kit once I cert up the reflex and supressor. Then I'll cert up the special ammo for each (High vel and Soft point). That should last me a long time until I feel like the Battle Rifle and Jackhammer have been brought up to their expected performance levels.
  15. TheBloodEagle

A good number of us feel like there were some ninja nerfs to the CARV, maybe a bit lower dmg or something. Gauss got a projectile speed boost but I'm sure it also handles slightly better now. The Weapon Data Sheets still show no change, even about the projectile speed. So either SOE doesn't have their stuff together or the data sheets weren't updated. Could be wrong, could be right; just waiting currently.

(There's a whole thread on stuff changed but not mentioned in the Update log)
  16. Flarestar

This, except I keep a 2x scope at all times due to the issues with higher magnification on automatic weapons.

The Gauss SAW is crap to start, but once you dump some certs into it it's hilariously good.
  17. Gambles

He thinks because people complained about recoil and spread on the Gauss that the slight bullet velocity change was somehow a buff. That's the average forum go-er for ya... DERP DERP
  18. TheBloodEagle

So increasing something that improves it is not a buff? *******. HERP DERP.
  19. TheBloodEagle

OTHER Weapons changes NOT specifically mentioned in the Update Log.

AA/AV Launchers: Projectile Speed Max → 40, Projectile Drop 0.5 → 1
    Default Launchers: Projectile Speed Max 100 → 115
    All Launchers (except Decimator): Reload Time 5.5s → 5.2s
    Automatic Shotguns: Pellet Spread 3 → 4
    8-Round Shotguns: Pellet Spread 3 → 3.5
  20. Gambles

Yes?