i gained 2000 certs in 67 hours

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Louis Farrakhan, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Brutus

The key is buying big when it's cheap, to last you till the next sale. The last time i brought SC was months ago and it was for DCUO. Still had heaps left to waste on PS2
  2. InZanity

5830 certs - 115 hours and i do alot of soloing...
  3. Louis Farrakhan

then why dont SOE just lower the general price and do away with this nonsense, they would make the same amt of money
    • Up x 1
  4. Kar98

I think you'll find alot of games are like this. If you pay for a gun that is slightly better than a free one the P2W argument gets pulled. In the meantime I'll be driving around with my hubcaps and neon lights on my tank =]
  5. Littleman

It really is the most sensible course of action to skip 2 McDonalds trips and pay the 10 freaking bucks for the SC to buy a gun, then spend your hard earned 1000 cert points on attachments for said gun, among other certifications.

Are the guns too expensive though? Well... not ALL of them are 1000 cert points. So are people just passing these up thinking the 1000 cert guns are legitimately better? They're going to be in for a shock.
  6. Brutus

Man don't get me started on SOE's business sense. :D
  7. Louis Farrakhan

i meant bro. that the guns look the same. and i would pay for the guns if they looked different.
    i often skip the mcdonalds so i can buy a full game on steam sale with 10 dollars. for a single gun? lolz.
  8. Zerulas

Yeah 40 hour grinds to unlock a slightly varied 1000 cert gun isn't something anyone sane would do.
    Realistically you have to pay for them either directly with SC or indirectly with xp boosters.
  9. Baleur

Jesus christ it's Little Jacob from GTA4!!
    Big fan man, love your work <3
  10. JonJonPoPong

I only bought $50 (got $150 due to 3x sale) worth of station cash because it was on sale.
    People who buy sc at normal rates do so as a impulse and SOE is banking that money. Then they do sales and that drives up sales also.
    So far on planetside 2 I've spent $50 SOE cash $40 alpha squad and $85 months subs.
    So your welcome poor people. Once again Canada's oil sands have not only brought you power but a free to play game.
    So go grind your certs and ****.
    • Up x 1
  11. DevErik

This is the very first thread about this btw.
    • Up x 2
  12. BalogDerStout

I've said it in other threads, and I'll say it again here.

I really think if they fixed how they distribute XP, a lot of the cert gain problems would go away.

Make vehicles share XP and make standing on the freaking flag worth something, as well as defending bases.

There is no good reason those things shouldn't be giving me XP when I can dump ammo packs at spawn for XP to every nimrod who runs around shooting things.
    • Up x 2
  13. Vibe

59 hours, 3000 certs
  14. UzumakiW

I don't have a problem with the cert gain. I think it's fine the way it is for a F2P game.
    • Up x 2
  15. Braundo

You also don't get to keep items you earn in beta after beta is over so, A. Acknowledge that this is not beta and spend the money, or B. Don't spend any money, no one is making you.

The game is free, optional ad ons cost money, its not a complicated formula.
  16. Renthrak

I would like to know a couple of things.

What is the average amount of time required to earn a cert point?

How many cert points are needed to unlock everything for a single class/vehicle?

It's completely unrealistic to expect anyone to unlock everything, however that would represent a useful example. Alternately, the cert cost of unlocking and fully upgrading 1 item in every slot for each class and vehicle combined. My suspicion is that a person would have to play 24/7 for several years to accomplish either one at the current prices.

I'm not suggesting that it should be quick to unlock things, but if your computer hardware will burn out or you could afford a new one with the money spent in order to get everything in a game, the pricing might just be a bit steep.
  17. forkyar

18. Bags

I got 200 in 20 mins. It's fine.
  19. rimau79

1. SOE needs to make money on this game
    2. getting some SC is not mandatory
    3. cert points gain rate is designed in the way to remind you of SC from time to time
    4. SOE needs to meke money on this game

don't expect someone will provide you with a product like Planetside 2 without at least suggesting you to send money on it... how many of us are working for free not expecting to be paid on a regular basis? I guess not to many...
  20. tjalfe

yes. but its becouse your suppose to buy them with sc, but i feel like its stupidly expensive, i used around 10k sc and i am far from all weapons which makes me feel screwed at this point, especially with their way of putting in new weapons which should just have been a tweak of old once, the launchers as an example is a joke, why have 4 different when only 2 is usefull (antiair which sucks, but only thing that will hit air, and now decimator which i dont get why we didnt just get a buff on the original hades/gtg launcher.)