Next player to eject me from their liberator...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Weylin, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Haterade

So you're mad that pugs are being pugs. This is your fault. If you don't know the dude, don't hop into his liberator. It's that simple. I don't hop into any vehicles if I don't know, or have some association like outfit with, a guy. Too many idiots do idiot things. If you offer yourself up to idiots like this, you deserve what you get.
  2. Tuco

mmm, outfit elitists. That's like winning the Special Olympics.

I am responding to a guy named "haterade", what's wrong with me.
    • Up x 7
  3. Haterade

At the moment my outfit consists of like 10 guys who are never on at the same time. Most of my time is spent solo. And guess what? When solo, I don't hop in vehicles so I don't expose myself to idiots being idiots. It's also why I don't run in-game VOIP. I don't want the headache, so I don't engage in that stuff.
  4. Xizwhoa

You waste my ammo, you get fricken ejected. I didn't put 2500 certs into my liberator for someone I don't know to miss with my precious ammo. You don't like it? Too bad, go LA when you feel like jumping in someone else's bird.
  5. Monnor

Did i not say NOBODY used the guns.There was no defence.
  6. Thagyr

I don't think the Liberator pilot will even bat an eye at such a kamikaze protest. I don't eject people from my Liberator and yet I have ally ESFs and Drop Pods slamming into me anyway.
  7. Mirakk

This is a tank story, but the theme is the same.

I see a Vanguard that's damaged by the side of the road. I run up and repair it, and jump in. We're driving around, and I've gotten like 2-3 kills when the guy pulls over and GETS OUT OF THE TANK. He stands on the hood of the vanguard and looks me straight in the eye and says "Get out".

I was dumbstruck. Why the hell would you eject a gunner who displayed competence as well as saved your vehicle? And why try to intimidate me into leaving instead of just locking it? Why stand in front of my crosshair and make stupid demands? He was rolling around as a 1/2 vehicle, and just wanted to be able to use the top gun himself.

It's okay though, the story has a happy ending. I shot him straight in the face, and tank mined his vanguard before walking to the nearest base.
    • Up x 7
  8. Gary

A Heads up... Crashing an ESF into the liberator rarely kills it unless it gets caught up in your wreckage. The libs are easily safed from the spin.
  9. Aghar30

All I can say to you man is get an outfit, and stop climbing into random Libs where you dont know the pilot to some degree. Had one lib pilot that would ram his lib into things on purpose just to kill the people inside. Was actually rather funny once you get over the whole ZOMG FRIENDLY KILLED ME rage.
  10. Mupod

I don't maliciously eject people although sometimes I want to considering all the griefing bs I go through at the warpgate with people flipping my liberator with scythes. Although once or twice I have had to kick some idiot out of my tank because he wasn't even doing anything and I desperately needed to shoot at a mostly-dead incoming ESF. Normally I love having a tank gunner even with the mediocre default secondary, once I get a Saron I'll always want someone in there even if most randoms won't be able to aim the thing.

As for the Lib I have a Zephyr but the only times I even spawn one are to a) suicide bomb a grouped up bunch of enemies for free exp when my Scythe is on cooldown or b) a friend is on. Sometimes I don't remember to lock the vehicle right away and someone gets rearpained over being booted out.
  11. GundamMerc

What's even funnier is seeing ESF's trying to crash or ram a galaxy. I actually get kills ramming the ESF's that are stupid enough to hover near my galaxy and try to shoot me.
  12. Highway_Star

There's a bug with aircraft gunners appearing inactive. Where the pilot doesn't see any movement or firing. I've kicked a few people out because of this - only for them to /tell me they were not afk.
  13. sideshow

I don't know how viable it is in the Vanguard, but if I don't have a gunner I solo the Magrider by seat-swapping, alternating fire between the main and the turret. Of course, I'd much rather have an actual second person, able to fire the turret independently, but maybe I'm crazy. Maybe that's what he was up to, and you were getting in the way...
  14. Lolroflcake

Whine Whine, I have a friends and outfit only policy in my Liberator and while I won't eject you mid flight if I happen to forget to lock my Lib before landing to pick up my gunner your getting ejected. Its is entirely within the rights of the owner of the vehicle to decide he does not want you there, and while killing you on purpose is certainly the wrong thing to do, flipping someone just for ejecting you at the Warpgate is as well.

I hope you get a ban for griefing if your flipping people at the warpgate just for kicking you out of their vehicle at ground level, if this is what you were talking about.
  15. Wesir

Were the enemies unaware that you were there prior to shooting at them? If you were in the AA gun and did that I would eject you, any decent light aircraft pilot can run circles around a lib and shoot it down, that gun is more for defense.
  16. Schenck

How about we turn this into a petition to SOE to auto-enable Squad-Lock on new vehicles when their owner is in a squad? Or make some option in the generall settings for that?
  17. sideshow

Could do with a little bit more refinement: I' d like to have my vehicle set up so that squadmates always have preference, but leftover seats are OK. i.e. If a squadmate asked for a seat-switch with a non-squadmate, it would autoconfirm, and if it was full and a squadmate tried to get in then it would eject the last non-squadmate to get in.
    • Up x 1
  18. StrangerDanger

I do this on purpose.

I have a nicely certed and SC'ed liberator and typically take one friend gunner who will hop in the tail when need be.

Ill load up with the friend and a random. Random will get ejected at my discretion, typically over dead area or right before we enter a hot zone. Friend gunner and i will laugh and proceed to farm lots of XP.

This thread validates all my work. Thank you OP.
  19. BadLlama

I eject them mid flight because it is hilarious. Watching pubbies scramble to my lib like roaches when I land cause they all want to get paid off my none **** lib gun.
  20. DonnyD.

if you take the time to lock a lib BEFORE you land it you are most likely going to get flipped by another aircraft spawning and not being able to pull away from hitting you. In that case it is your fault like standing on a vehicle pad.