Enough is enough with friendly sunder TK

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fluff, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Fluff

I'm surprise my thread is still alive, shows probably how much reaction it gets from the community, half seems to agree it's nonsense while the other half still dictates who will place what and where.

I got an idea now, you sunder blowers, you blow my sunder, I will blow whom ever replaces my sunder, wanna play dirty, two can play this game and this will teach you guys you have no rights hindering people's gameplay.

Anyone that gets their sunder blown up, just blow whom ever replaces you guys this will obviously trigger a massive amount of chaos and work in our favor since Sony will be forced to patch this open griefing.

So to all the lil ragers out there, go head... make our day.
  2. Eugenitor

Quoted without comment.
    • Up x 2
  3. I'm behind you

So what you're saying is that if you grief your faction with a terrible Sunderer placement and it gets destroyed you'll continue to grief your faction by destroying a properly destroyed Sunderer. Congratulations, for all your whining about griefers you sound like the biggest griefer here. Go back to singleplayer games kid.
  4. Dakkaface

I've read the thread. It's unanimously agreed that people who destroy friendly Sunderers without warning only to deploy in the same spot, or a spot that is no better are d-bags who are clearly just after the paltry XP from spawns. This is a simple fix - remove Sunderer spawn XP, and there's no longer a mad rush to be the first battle bus on site so that they can lock out others and get the XP for themselves. Additionally, it'd be nice if we got a player name attached to Sunderer spawns - both so we can differentiate between Sunderers and so that if a Sundy is in a bad spot the driver can be sent a /tell instead of spamming the /yell channel and hoping the driver is in the area.

All of that said....
    I'm not saying that when it happened to you, it was justified - I don't know the circumstances. But both of you need to acknowledge that there are times when demoing a friendly Sunder is the thing to do so a base can be taken or defended. When a Sundy is in a bad position, it ruins your empire's offensive, and thus griefs everyone in that battle that is forced to deploy in a bad location. If you're about to lose or gain a continent, you're griefing everyone on the server. And yes, having to choose between a 100+ meter run from a bad location and a 500 meter run from the nearest friendly base IS a forced choice during an offensive push.

Directly under the bio lab is a terrible location when you are trying to take the lab. When you're defending, deploying outside the shield at the vehicle pad is a bad location. If your line has moved forward and your Sundy is now making Infantry run 100+ meters to get into the fight, it's time to move. Watch your chatbox. If someone is shouting to move the Sundy at the west gate, and it's yours - go move it. If a yellow message pops up from the Orders channel calls for the Sundy at the west gate to move or be destroyed, GO MOVE IT. Should you feel the need to, you can message or yell back 'Why?' but chances are that the response will be some variant of 'you're slowing down the push' or 'you're in a bad position.'

This is people giving you fair warning before your Sundy gets blown. This is not intimidation or bullying when they do this - it is the team, calling on you to be a team player. This is not a game where you can just go kill wolves by yourself for 100 hours and not bother anyone. Just by choosing to play, you have joined a team - your empire. Refusing to be a team player in a game where you have to choose a team before you even start play is mind-boggling. I have never needed to TK a Sundy, nor have I had it done to me or seen it done. It doesn't mean that I don't understand that there can be good reasons for doing so, nor would I hesitate to do it myself. If I have to take a weapon-lock for a few minutes so that 30-50 infantry can spawn 3sec closer to the fight, thus arriving with full shields and health and winning us the base capture, I will do that. If my Sundy is in the way of us pushing forward, I hold no ill-will towards the player who wrecks it for good reason. I can get another, no problem.
  5. Fluff

No it,s quite simple and no need for a big wall of text. You blow my sunder and you are not an enemy, I don't give a hoot, I will blow your sunder and I will ask everyone in-game to do the same. Two can very well play at this game and we'll see how far this game will go when we start playing it dirty.
  6. Jarret

I think it is hilarious how mad someone could get over this.

If someone blows up my sunderer for any reason I don't care and move on. Whether they wanted the tiny amount of exp you get from it or I placed it in a bad spot. I do listen when someone tells me it is in a bad spot, but if they just destroy it it's no big deal. Killing a single enemy will give me enough exp to make up for plenty of spawns and the only reason why I bother getting a sunderer to deploy is so that I can spawn closer to the battle. If my sunderer gets damaged I will simply repair it when I respawn, or someone else most likely will. I think things are fine the way they are with sunderers. If there is sunderer spam then those players will be punished by wasted resources on a non deployable sunderer. If I deploy in a bad spot and a teammate blows it up then thank you for making room for someone who knows what they are doing. If you blow it up just for the tiny amount of exp that's fine too, because I can respawn from your sunderer as well.
    • Up x 1
  7. wolfva

Wrong. According to you the person who got there first, who perhaps set the entire assault in place, the person who showed incentive and risked his resources to get a sunderer through enemy lines has no more rights then the johnny come lately who drove through secured area. It's selfish for the person who did the work to actually expect his sunderer to not be TK'd because someone else doesn't like the position. Which is what I'm talking about, not the separate issue of "I wants teh xp so I'ma gonna blow u up lolercatz!".

The idea that 'an eye for an eye' is the same as 'first come first served' is such a ludicrous idea that I can not respond in any way which wouldn't be seen as a TOS violation. So I shan't.
  8. NevilClavain

And my entire outfit 100+ will report you en masse for being a giant ******, and some will make in game tickets.

Dude who the heck are you to tell a gamer how to play and enjoy the game? I mean seriously, take a hike.
  9. NevilClavain

Remove friendly fire on deployed AMS, problem solved. But do it soon, as I'm getting sick of friendly TKs in this game.
  10. wolfva

I've seen plenty of instances of smart enemies using that 'smart location' of a sunderer to camp and kill respawns over and over again. Meanwhile, the 'poorly placed' sunderer a thousand clicks away (which people were boasting about blowing up earlier in the thread because of the odoriferous task of people having to <GASP!> hike back to the fight) proved to be a VERY smart back up location resorting in a regrouping of forces and a successful counter attack.

I like your concept of forcibly ejecting a sunderer from it's location somehow if it's poorly placed. What I disagree with is the mentality of those who think they are the Saviors of their Factions. I've been reading their posts in a faux Shakespearian style, it makes it more interesting.

"ALAS! What doth my eye espy?!? But there layeth a Sunderer! In a position which forsooth methinks be NOT in a place ideal for my personal gain and goals and those of my faction WHOM I daresay depend upon my very presence to protect them from the errant lack of intelligence of them thine fellow factionmate! I MUST hie upon to yon vilely placed vehicle and do sacrifice my very noble soul itself in the destruction of such folly! YES! I will martyr myself upon this that holy ground, the ground rendered sacrosanct by the virtual blood of mine friends and accept the friendly fire warning! And LO tho I may be SMOTE DOWN by yon vile weapon lock for my C4 may blow up a number of mine own comrades freshly spawned upon yon demonseeds vile vehicle, I shall accept my doom for tis my fate, this, the protection of...my REALM! <bowed head in humility>"

I mean, the sheer hubris of one player to appoint himself judge, jury, and executioner who then passes sentence upon someone because that person is doing something he himself doesn't like? Of course, this doesn't apply in situations where people have genuinely placed a sunderer in a location that actually hurts the assault. Putting one in a poor position that is just going to get respawns killed while preventing a sunderer from setting up in a good position is a different situation. I won't condone it, but I do understand it. I'm just talking about the people who blow up sunderers because they don't like the location because they think that THEIR way is the ONLY way. But even in those cases people it seems like people are more likely to ask the driver to move his sunderer first. To bad we have no way of knowing whose vehicle it is. A half dozen tells to the driver would probably do wonders, and if he refused to move it because of a sour disposition then blowing it up would be more palatable.
  11. AtomicGerman

Who are you to take such outrageous offense to this?
  12. StrangerDanger

IMO sunderers are not even worth taking out for the most part, aside from small ops where you go in behind enemy lines.

Roll with a group of randoms and watch people deploy in inconvenient and non strategical points behind the battle just so they can get it down first and get the lame and pointless amounts of xp , blocking anyone who took the time to get it in a good spot.

Or in convenient spots, like say the vehicle bay of the crown, and youll have a sunder TK every 5 min.

In all honestly i wish they would remove XP gains from sunder deployments, or keep it in squad for XP gains. Its horrible farming as it is even in a good spot, and with the tkers you basically have to stand guard while its deployed...however some people do drastic and scummy things to get their sunder in play to reap the laughable amounts of XP they can get.

Bottom line, remove the XP bonus for non squad members deploying at the sunderer and watch as sunderers get placed in great and strategic spots, as well as removing the TK sunderer replacement game. Its laughably low as it is so to remove it to make the game more quality is worth it.
  13. Elbryan

Expect to see a lot more friendly sundies blown up by 'friendlies'. You're now able to have a character on each faction on the same server.

While it was possible earlier by creating multiple accounts, it will be even more rampant now that even the lazy people have easy time switching to a 'spy' character.
  14. voody

I am gonna park my car on railtracks tomorrow and when it gets moved i shall go on national TV raging about how someone dares to touch MY property! I don't care if the people in the train want to get somewhere, it's MINE and i put it where i please and NO ONE has the right to tell me anything at all ever x 3! Peace and respect!
    • Up x 2
  15. Tasogie

I dont like to say it, but I recommend everyone that sees a Rank 1 coming towards their Sundy, shoot on sight. because chances are hes gonna try an kill you an others around you.
  16. Aghar30

if you end up with your sundie blown up often you are probably parking it poorly. I blow friendly sudnies when they refuse to undeploy to allow a better placed sundie deploy.
  17. Tasogie

Do that to me, an u will never use a Sundy/Tank again I garentee it :)... I hate griefers with a passion bordering on the obsessive.

End of the day not one single person playing PS2 has ANY rights or standing to decide how others play within the game rules.
    Trying to demand everyone abide by your word is not going to happen an all you will do is give yourself a ****** reputation.
    • Up x 3
  18. voody

Rumour has it that the unwritten rule of a teamgame is...playing in a team. When 50 people zerg a tech plant for two hours, make a bit of progress, suddenly lose their decently placed sunderer and all that was gained is lost because some guy thinks he should park the next one on the opposite side of the plant, where it is "safe", then natural selection unusally finds another victim. Just because there is nothing in the EULA that says "you must place your sunderer in the required spot" doesn't mean everyone will joyfully suffer to protect special snowflake's internet freedom.
  19. NevilClavain

A player that according to the SOE Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, has the right to enjoy the game in the way that I play, as it's both a team and an individual (lone wolf) able game.

Who are you to ruin a gamer's experience (not XP, experience) in the game? A soon to be banned gamer if you do it enough and tick off the right people, that's who ;)
    • Up x 3
  20. Tuco

....and the only reason you're Sunderer isn't instantly killed is because pilots suck really badly. Not good enough.