New Patch - Dev's hate TR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Strikejk, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Plagus the Wise

Its not just strafe accuracy, man. We were already losing fights to the Vanu's superior weapons, and now its even more of a gap. Not to mention the nerfs to other aspects of accuracy they didnt mention in the patch. There are several threads about these unmentioned nerfs, and I can personally say that my medics TRV Cycler took a HIDEOUS hit to its scoped accuracy compared to yesterday.
  2. C0WB0Y

3. Plagus the Wise

I fail to see how you playing an underpowered faction makes you a "real player".
  4. Plagus the Wise

Does anyone NOT move while shooting? If you play FPS and you dont move while aiming...then you will die in nearly every matchup.
  5. BobFromMarketing

No room for reasonable posts in this thread friend. Do not forget the sky is falling.
  6. Gary

I must be the complete opposite to everyone else... I hug my cover peek just enough to see my target and stay crouched and shoot if i fail to kill them in the first few rounds i move back in.
  7. Phrygen

You must be dense.

This patch was a big nerf for the NC. L 80 nerf. Decimator added to the game making the vanguard the worst tank, and nerfing ESF, which was pretty much all that the NC have going for them.
  8. Gary

L80 was not nerfed it was Balanced. IE brought to the same bullet speed as the others. Whilst the Vanguard is the slowest of the tanks making it easier to hit, It is also the most armored resulting in less damage taken and gets the best ability to soak up this damage.

The ESF changes hit all the ESF's Equally but the NC Reaver was the only one to get a buff (granted on a weapon i never knew existed.)
  9. Xae

The Reaver shotgun is also now the best ESF weapon by miles.

It doesn't create tracers and it doesn't give directional indicators to the guy hit with it.
  10. Phrygen

Stopped reading there. You are clearly lying to yourself. Things are balanced by being nerfed or buffed, there is no other way.

it will just get nerfed if people start using it. Especially the direction indicators thing which sounds like a bug.
  11. Yil

That's it...devs HATE the TR...you nailed it. :rolleyes:
  12. Endlos

If you're VS, you can dance, eat a hamburger, drink a milkshake, and probably receive a handy while still going fully automatic with your gun with manageable, minimal recoil.

Anyone that thinks negatively impacting TR weapons in any way while leaving VS weapons intact won't widen an already large power gap between VS and everyone else is fooling themselves.
  13. Paulus

lol, just like mulder and skully,,,the truth is out there,,,somewhere. Again, don't you think "it was so long ago" and "theres been so many videos since without him in" are two things that would be almost wierd if it were to have happened to any other empire?
    what if T-ray and Margaret just never turned up again and it was all just NC? I guess you don't get where i'm comign from as you have ample representation, but try to put yourself in a different pair of shoes. I've been told by someone else the guy may have been Jimmy Whisendein? A kind individual found me thier twitter account, as it seems to be missing from the dropdown menu built into this website (another strange TR related omission). Anyway, thank you for your efforts, they weren't in vain, its just rather hard to find the obscure things :)
  14. kill

TR whining? You're still OP compared to NC. And NC was nerfed harder than any other empire this patch. The hidden nerfs hit NC hard.

You might be a little less OP than VS now, however.
  15. veiledcascade

just think this when fight the VS, they have a skill curve on their faction akin to hello kitty.

NC/TR actually have to work with thier weapons.
  16. MasterCheef

it may be a placebo effect, but since the patch i feel like ive gotten better. I outgunned like 3 people as a TR LA, that RARELY happened before. Whatever changes they did- i like it.
  17. Plagus the Wise

The unfortunate thing is that no amount of skill will compensate for having a cone of fire that is larger than the players model. This is what TR/NC have to deal with, whereas VS weapons will all hit the target because the cone of fire is almost nil. Dont believe me? Go make a Vanu toon and sit at spawn shooting the weapons. No amount of skill will compensate for a difference of literally not being able to hit a target with 50% of your bullets when the reticule is centered on their body.
  18. Endlos

But but but a spreadsheet shows that TR have the highest DPS in a point-blank vacuum, NERF THE TR OMG.
  19. Plagus the Wise

Ohhh, you are trying to be cute and sarcastic. Well allow me to explain to you this games numbers...actually theres too much to explain here so ill link it for you to begin combing through.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&gid=12

These numbers come from the xml spreadsheet inside the Planetside 2 folder. That means these are the actual damage numbers provided to us directly by SoE, and being used inside the game.

TL/DR:
    -The highest damaging weapon outside of snipers come from the NC. Gauss Saw, Mag-shot, Reaper.
    -The highest recoil weapons in the game belong to the TR, not the NC...so stop whining *******.
    -Vanu weapons actually do more damage than any other race at Very Long ranges. "Our damage falls off at range", is actually a COMPLETE lie. Both TR and NC's damage falls off faster than the Vanu...
    • Up x 1
  20. Endlos

We're on the same side of this argument, friend. You called me out for sarcasm but missed the point of my sarcasm. My other posts in this thread pretty clearly spell out that the balance problem lies almost exclusively with the VS due to their near-total lack of recoil which tends to invalidate other factors (such as fire rate or damage per shot) that the other empires have in their "favor"

I never once seriously stated that TR were overpowered, I only said that their starter kit was a little better than NCs. The VS are the ones that need a nerf (or the NC and TR both need buffed to VS levels) before there can be any hope of empire balance in this game.

No recoil = no skill = easy kills. Why does one faction have a total monopoly on the easiest to use weapons?