Double exp is cheap and works badly

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Binkus, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Binkus

Is it just me but does a double exp bonus seem like a cheap way to make people happy?

Ok its great that they thought of something for the teething troubles

but would a flat cert point gift to all players have been better?

not all players can log in for weekends of play, friends moved house that weekend, people away for Christmas, work dos, kids at events?

I guess what i am saying is, nice to have a gift but you are only rewarding people who can get there, if you cannot then it is a big slap in the face.

Just feel from Beta and the effort put in the double exp event rewards the guys who can play for that specific weekend and not a gift that can be gratefully received when convenient

the only reason i write this is, in previous games i have seen these rewards and they are divisive, and seeing as the average age of player is about 36 you are rewarding people who have free time at the drop of a hat.

flat outlay gifts are better - here is 200 cert points for your guy etc
  2. Tuco

Yeah COX slow speed internet went to pot for me last few days too.
  3. TheBloodEagle

Oh gawd. it's a free game. Do you have a job? What's worth more, your time or $5 bucks for a week of 50% exp so less grinding? Maybe not buy that coffee in the morning? They even have double & triple SC days. Yea, sucks you couldn't play that double exp weekend or w/e, or other people, but it's a free game. You don't need to subscribe or anything. They give you the chance to spend less time "grinding" if that's what the gameplay feels like for you. Plenty of other games out there. You can instead buy Black Ops 2, get your 15 min gaming on and feel satisfied.
  4. Bags

It's like I'm back on the WoW general forums again. I easily earned 200 extra certs in 1 hour of play thanks to this weekend. o_O

Sorry thems the breaks. SOE can't accommodate everyone.
  5. Roobarb

I didn't get much time to play either, but I still managed 3 BRs and about 600 certs, so I'm pretty happy with the XP weekend. I'll just make sure I find more time to play if/when the next one lands.
  6. absolofdoom

I miss seeing 400% when I kill people :(
    • Up x 1
  7. oLd.Sneakers

Lol listen to this kid.

Why are you online pretending to have a job, kids, a house? ( hahahah ). Then continue with entitled whine about missing out a dubble xp weekend and want it in certs retroactivly.

Typical 16 yo mindset. World does no revovle around you buddy.
  8. Khorneholio

I didn't necessarily mind the double XP weekend, I just hope it isn't something that becomes a habit. Yearly or MAAAAYBE twice yearly can be a fun little booster, but more than that would be too much.
  9. bwdodd

Are you really complaining about Sony giving us double XP for the weekend?

This is something Sony did for us that they didn't need to. I understand you may have been busy and missed it for whatever reason, that is unfortunate but you have no-one to blame but yourself. This is the first of many double XP events that will be coming.

To your suggestion about just being given a certain amount of certs instead; nobody was given anything, they earned their certs this weekend and I believe that's how it should be.
  10. Wahooo

Hmmmm.... I seem to be right in the OP's wheelhouse. I'm over 36. I work weird hours and can't get on during prime time play. My kids had events this weekend, I had a company party and other life commitments... I barely got to play.

Oh... but there is one difference. I don't know how in anyway shape or form you could justify crying over free XP gain on a free to play game. IF you have a real job, and family and weekend commitments you should already be used to having to make plans around events and missing a LOT of other fun activities, let alone an online game.

Just seriously there is some amazingly stupid whine fests on these forums but this? This is right up there at the top.
  11. DukeFlash

I can honestly say, no, I don't think giving players certs for doing nothing would have been better.
    Maybe for Christmas it would make more sense to give this gift, most likely a random skin/camo since those are only 50 SC.
  12. FelixG

I have to agree with the OP here.

I personally work nearly 30 hours over Saturday and Sunday every week so I have no chance to play in the double XP weekends.

Another alternative is to toss a few double XP days into the middle of the week as well, or even offer a smaller XP bonus over the course of a whole week
  13. Gavyne

Double exp is special because it only happens ever so often. It's a good way for people to work up some extra exp during the course. It wouldn't be special if it happens all the time. Good thing is they do these double exp often enough that most people can benefit & enjoy them.
  14. Binkus

read the post properly child

I got to play personally a few BRs and a load of certs

what the post is saying if you 'read' it is that other games do this and it is divisive

this is not a QQ thread it is a warning about rewards like they did with double Exp

THIS IS HOW double exp pans out

server numbers drop double exp time -

all the guys who have levelled at 0% bonus now get overtaken and out certed by a guy who can play for a weekend

server numbers drop more exp bonus time - and it becomes what is expected - when playing at Normal exp just does not make people want to play

DOUBLE EXP is a GAME KILLER if used carelessly.

why play at normal exp?

like i said if you read properly 'the only reason i write this....'

fixed gifts for all players
  15. forkyar

nope double xp was great and fine.