They see me Prowlin'

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Calendra, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Vanuub

Nothing wrong with the Prowler. Lots of people mistakenly think it can't take on the mag and they are wrong.
    It cant take on the vanguard, but then again, nothing can without running away from it's IWIN shield. If that is off CD then you need to be damn sure you have cover and vanguard is bad at moving his deathbrick. A mag will counter it if the shield is off, simply because the vanguard is so slow to move, but it is not something to take lightly since it hits so hard.

Prowler vs magmover. Just go turretmode and the mag has lost. It just cant compete with that DPS and will be dead before it can get behind you. If he is lucky he has the magburner (instead of smoke) and can burst away, but that is all he can hope for - getting out of turretdeath. If he does, unturret and carry on.

I can understand that TR and NC are a bit jealous of the strafing, but tbh it comes at serious cost. To keep the main gun aimed at the enemy you take a big hit in the predictablility department. So in the mag you either keep the gun aimed and become highly predictable or you void maingun DPS whilst manouvering.
    You cant do both in the mag, while the others can. The skillbar is just a bit higher on the 'real' tanks as opposed to the infantry style movement and aim of the magrider that everyone immediately understands.

The only thing that makes the mag *seem* overpowered is when you have the SARON and a highly skilled gunner. That is about the Saron though, and not the magrider. Vanguard with saron would just be plain godmode and the prowler coming in not far behind.
  2. Calendra

You realise when a Prowler deploy's you can just go sit behind it and one shot it?

And if you do it from a distance the magrider will still be able to kill you as it can strafe and with the top gun (the no dropdown laser gun) it should kill you easily.

And when you don't deploy the Magrider simply outdamages the prowler.

The only way to kill a Magrider one on one is NOT deploying and trying to get behind him.
  3. Compass

The Prowler can barely take on the Vanguard at really close range. Arguably, I haven't faced a lot of Vanguards with the shield, but if I see one, I can sputter off. Also, The Vulcan adds a single Prowler HEAT's worth of damage per magazine.

Arguably, no one who's sane would bet on my Prowler winning this fight starting from a disadvantaged position of basically half health. And it's not like he misses, either. He landed every shot he aimed at me.
    • Up x 1
  4. dooder

We see you Prowlin', we laughin'
  5. forkyar

overpowered tr ? your out of your mind.
    • Up x 2
  6. Calendra

Yeah I think the vulcan, even though it's tooltip says otherwise, is the best allround turret. It's great against infantry and aircraft more so than ground armor.
  7. Gary

Honestly thought it could do with a little more ranged ability.
  8. Compass

With our luck, they'll make it have a 1km range and go through shields in their attempt to make it more viable =_=

That being said, the Prowler aces infantry like a ground-based Liberator Zepher when deployed. I just wish it made the same sound effect as the Zepher screaming into the dirt.

9. Gary

Not only infantry... ;)

twitch.tv/spencley/c/1766565
  10. Compass

Them goshdurn tanks south of crown just keep on gosh darn it drivin' back whenever they feel the heat of my 120mm HEAT ;_;
  11. Vermana

Prowler is hands down the best AI Tank. It even outperforms the Magrider in terms of clearing out areas, especially with HE Rounds.
  12. Ryloxx

I'm sure we'll all be waiting impatiently for your video showing us how "skilled" players do it. Definitely jelly.
    (PS. Your post "don't" show any intelligence either.)

@OP Fun vid to watch ;)
    • Up x 1
  13. Calendra

Yeah, imagine this with an HE cannon with max anchored mode certed. It's absolutely insane.
  14. Compass

Stock HEAT, Rank 3 Anchor. About 260 from Rank 4.
  15. Bags

If you lose to a prowler or vanguard in a fair fight then you're not doing it right. Magburner is amazing for getting behind enemy tanks. All I have to do is mag burner past them, turn on a dime, and my gunner and I can get 1 - 2 shots on its rear before it can turn and its GG.
  16. Zylen

You were recording our ATV fun at 0:49 - 0:55, it seems. Armed with that bit of knowledge I can't help but ask why what happened to us shortly after you destroyed that Sunderer wasn't included in the "dumb ways to die" segment at the end.:p
  17. Calendra

I don't know what you're talking about!