Cheaters ruin game experience...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sylanx, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Sylanx

Hey there...

I played some f2p shooters and stuff before, but as I stumbled over PS2 I was positive astonished, that SOE stands behind it. I really like the game, since I started playing it never got boring.
    I was just wondering, you get extra exp for headshots, so basically it shouldn't be a problem to show the headshots I've made in the statistics. Then on the other hand, you can evaluate the data from the players and see who has the most headshots "with a pistol from 100 feet range" and stuff... I'm trying to point out that aimbotters usually aim for the head.
    Another thing... f2p is great, but why don't you just charge the customers ONCE to open a SOE account. I would be so happy because I pay for the membership once and then I can play all your games for FREE!! That'll keep the "baddies" away... (for some time though)... In the end, it's cheating that ruins every game.
    SF!
  2. Narutobieber

Welcome to PC gaming.

Even in paid games, cheating is rampant.
    • Up x 1
  3. StrangerDanger

Bad players ruin my experience but you dont see me making posts about it.

Learn to play and you realize that not everyone who kills you is a cheater. If you do see a cheater, and im not suggesting there are none, just report him and move on away from him.

or are you the guy who refuses to move and lets the hacker farm you then gets all mad about it?
    • Up x 1
  4. Sylanx

@StrangerDanger
    Wow, how interessting...
    I didn't realize that I AM to blame when others cheat... seriously there is no reason to troll ME for letting steam off by writing something that COULD be done...
    I know that there are ppl out there who are not in God's favor and have to do everything to balance that.
    I really don't know how you can even think of writing "l2p" ... I am definitely NOT in the top third of gamers, but playing online for years, I can tell who cheats and who doesn't...

Now, calm down a bit, I absolutely wrote nothing to offend you, and please comment to the suggestions I have made not about the cheating, we all know that it happens...

SF!
  5. B0bzor

I ran into my first aim botter this morning; TR heavy abusing the Carv. It was rather annoying, but once a bunch of us reported him, he was gone. He didn't have an IIIlIlIlIIIIll name, so it was probably much easier to get rid of him.
  6. yogafire

This game needs to charge money there is no other way to stop it. 5 dollars is not a lot of money if you have a computer to play this so charge a small fee to make the hackers pay real money each time
  7. Kuriby

Sorry OP, but your solutions is highly invalid.

Sure SOE can ban people with (x)% headshots, but if SOE ever bans a player because he truly is good at headshots in PS2, then PS2 might as nail their own coffin.

Hackers are bad yes

Banning Hackers is a must

Banning Hackers based on assumption of K/D. or other FPS stats is a Terrible TERRIBLE solution.

Only solution is first person CAM, only true way of telling if someone is hacking. Any other solution atm is just asking for trouble.
  8. ShortTimer

Better yet delete their character and perma ban their ip address. Can they play from a new ip? Yes, and when they do perma ban again.
  9. Smolz

I totally agree with StrangerDanger. Community is rotten and think that everyone that is better than they are obvious hackers, it's just a huge l2p issue with baddies that is the biggest problem, I can't count how many thousand times I've been called a hacker in games without ever using a one.

Stop being such a ******* and wait for the possible fix, meanwhile avoid better players since everyone better than you is always an obvious hacker. You are ruining the fun for others. PS. I haven't seen any real hackers yet (I believe they do exist), rank 21 atm.
    Picture heavily related.
    [IMG]
    EDIT: I guess I should have removed all the names but then it wouldn't show that they are just pissed off because I killed them. Impossible job, sorry.
  10. Bagar

I must say, i am usually sceptical regarding "cheating everywhere" posts, but i actually meet my first certified cheater tonight.

The guy used aimbot, radar and speed hack ... on a BR6 char.

When i fought him, he was a crack shot, and always knew where to find me, but i was doubtful of the fact he was cheating.

Then i meet him traveling between outpost on foot, running under a speed hack quite obviously, all the while SOE spammed us with message regarding ban when cheating.

Makes you wonder wtf they can do about it.

This guy didn't care at all about being found, and for one idiot cheater, how many will play smart ?
  11. Fugly

I just want to play on a server that only allows premium subscribers. Only then would I feel safe from the onslaught of repeatedly banned cheaters that just keep coming back.
  12. Ezekius

If you ever head over the The Crown on Indar you'll see a lot. We had one there yesterday, that amassed 726 kills in 2 hours. He got banned I am pretty sure, because it was nothing but /yell spamming for people to report him, but still, 2 hours is way to long of a response time for cheaters.

This guy as shooting through solid rock (with rocket launchers as well) and taking out hordes of people like nothing. Makes me wonder what the point is, but what can SOE actually do to stop it. People can just make another account, and continue till they get bored.
  13. Seryl

this is a german hacker i guess. have read tons of those statements, always aggressive guys, always same message. of course no one likes to communicate with them, so they figured this statement works to shut up people and go on.
  14. Miles Cadre

Since man made games, man has found ways to get a edge and to cheat in them.

As the french say; C'est La Vie.

Or, Thats life.

Get over it, and redeploy if theres a cheater in your area.
  15. forkyar

@op they are working on it,give it a break
  16. Slyguy65

Which is why i argue that PC is not the master race of gaming....that and the absurd amount of time and money and knowledge needed compared to simply buying an affordable console....where you don't have to worry about FPS and crap.
  17. Miles Cadre

Um, if you think theyre isnt hacking on game consoles, youre just plain dumb. Sorry, but I gotta tell the truth.

I could jailbreak a ps3, get a hack program (or jsut run it, since homebrew can now be digitally signed), and play dust 514 with invincability, or unlimited ammo, etc.

The reason I dont is cuz I like fair play. Another reason I dont go driving a flash into a small building with a 40mm nade launcher (Which I did once to devastating effect on myself, my ego, and the enemies trapped inside. Good times)
  18. Slyguy65

OO OO I have a hacker talking in chat too

http://i.imgur.com/jfFWJ.png