PS2 way to expensive?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Songano, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Songano

Hey all,

im enjoying PS2 so far, but im starting to lose interest...im BR13 at the moment and was thinking about subscribing, but the benefits for doing so arent worth it. As one who would subscribe for 6 months i would get 50% more EP and CERTS right? But it still would not have been enough to buy any weapon...i still had to invest even more money to afford one. Im currently sitting at 253 certs and weeks away from buying a new weapon or getting anything which makes the game more enjoyable. As a subscriber i would stand at 375 certs...not really worth it.

So what are you thinking about the costs? Are you spending money for a weapon which nearly costs as much as a one month subscription for any other mmo out there?

I think im not going to spend any money on PS2 right now...its way to expensive. PS1 was more fun with all those weapons and different playstyles.

Songano
  2. Ganelon

Don't you also get a monthly amount of SC when you sub?
  3. Phyr

Why sub? Just buy SC if all you want is the weapon(s).
    • Up x 2
  4. failbot

Since you get the 500SC a month you could argue that it's worth it, but meh...

I'm just gonna wait for Christmas and buy some SC then 'cause they will most likely give some kind of double SC deal again.
  5. Songano

Yeah, but just 450 SC per month, right? So that would be 26€ for just one weapon and it would take months to buy it...something iss wrong here.
  6. n00biz

Doesn't AFK Cert gain go up too? I'm sure not by a whole lot but... hey everything counts right? That, stacked with the SC points you get, I don't see it being a bad deal personally. But i'm not gonna pay for it, because i don't mind playing to upgrade my weapons. It's much more rewarding and hell, it's the most fun free game out their imo. So if they want to charge people willing to pay real money for weapon upgrades they can get for free, at a somewhat steep cost, more power too them, and something you can't blame, or be upset about, because (other then skins) you can unlock for FREE.
  7. Songano

Yeah but the motivation playing PS2 iss going away...i cant play 10 hours a day seven times a week...i can do that two times a week but its still not enough to buy anything which makes PS2 not that "repetitive"...

Right now everyone enjoys playing PS2 (its new and all...) but there will be a time people find out that this game iss one hell of a grinding game...
  8. Bags

While it's kind of silly the amount all the guns cost, you don't need all of them.

I bought 3 vehicle weapons, an LMG, and a sniper rifle.
  9. Phyr

Grinding for what? Going from an Orion to a pulsar LSW isn't exactly a big change, hell, going from the LSW to the Solstice isn't that big a change and that's a completely different gun.
  10. SgtScum

$5~10 for each and every unlock that still need weeks or even months of grinding certs to even halfway get it properly kitted out?

No thanks and the funny part is I have plenty of money to burn on something like this.

I understand SOE wants to make back its 15 million it invested in the game as quickly as possible but the system in place atm isn't even attractive on a splurg level.

Not to mention the fact that you still have to unlock the same exact weapon for each and every vehicle and any cert unlocks on that particular weapon do not carry over to the exact same weapon that is on another one or even the same vehicle like say the sunderers dual weapons.

And I thought navyfield was the worst grind ever in a game.....
  11. forkyar

to expensive ? its free to play...
  12. SgtScum

Yeah, free to play until you look at the interplanetary distance you need to go to grind out anything useful on a free account.

Granted I know this is a prime mechanic of f2p games to make the cash it needs to stay alive and keep the devs fed and happy but the current system is waaaaay too money grab oriented.

No worries though as I'm sure if enough players are not spending any cash for the ludicrously expsensive unlocks or the way the premium model works by ramping up your benefits only with continued back to back subs they will change the economics.

F2p games are supposed to temp you into parting with your hard earned cash and not jump you in a dark alley to beat you with a club and take it.

SOE could learn much from Wargamings way of bleeding your wallet dry by death of a thousand cuts and its made them Rich.
  13. Phyr

Seriously, what are people grinding out?
  14. SgtScum

I take it you have never opened your cert screen and taken a gander at the contents?
  15. Phyr

There's nothing in there that I need to grind for to be effective. Sounds like you guys just want everything right now.
    • Up x 3
  16. SgtScum

Nothing in there you need to be effective.. Well I suppose if you are happy driving around sunderers with no ams or ground pounding with the basic infantry loadout or flying esf with no rockets yelling lerooooyyyy jenkiiiiinss!!!! in proximity voice chat then in your specific case have a ball.

The rest of us would like to not spend a week on a single unlock that still needs weeks of additional unlocks once the base item is unlocked.

So no, its not a case of us wanting it all right now its a case of looking at months of grinding or half a paycheck to get even a few classes and vehicles up to snuff with the loadouts you need to be effective in a competative outfit.

Again I understand SOE has a strong desire to recoup their investment as quickly as possible but the current game economy is just silly overpriced.
    • Up x 1
  17. Phyr

Sunder AMS is 50 certs. That's 2 hours of bad playing. If you're grinding instead of playing then find another game. Try one of the COD games, you'll unlock something every 10 minutes.
  18. SgtScum

Then stealth then blockade armour and some upgraded weapons over the popgun basilisks.

And thats one single vehicle that just ate up a few thousand certs.

Seems you are a casual player who is happy zerging about pew pewing so take it to COD yourself matey. :p
  19. Phyr

Nope, park the sunder in a good spot and I wont need blockade armor. I don't need to upgrade anything, which is the point you're missing.
  20. SgtScum

Yes, becase good spots to hide you sunderer from esf rocket spam are liberally spread across the continents in handy places next to each and every base.

You might personally think you are doing awesome with the basic loadouts but hey thats your call so like I said enjoy. :D