Ammo Pack Bugged?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Dhart, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Dhart

I just used 300 certs to cap my ammo pack.

I dropped one in the middle of the warp gate room... went to an adjacent wall near the stairs and unloaded a full clip and then slowly creeped towards the drop to see when I it restocked...

I was over halfway from the wall (near the stairs) to the Ammo pack... Tooltip says 7m... that's 21 feet; but what I am getting is more like 7 feet.

Anyone else noticing this?

I put in a bug report.... but wonder if anyone else is having the issue...
  2. SilentSalvo

What I'm noticing today is the ammo pack randomly stops functioning. I noticed in groups I would stop getting xp after a little bit even though people were firing like crazy and the pack was still deployed.
  3. Pockets

I've only seen them stop working properly in massive battles.
  4. Bargam

I noticed the same today : not able to restock on ammo from boxes at all. Dropping one is useless for me. I've seen other people reporting the same in global chat on Woodman server so I know more have this problem
  5. IshanDeston

Thats because the exp gain from Ammo packs are capped to 200xp per 5 minutes i believe. Its to prevent people from abusing it, by standing at the Warpgate or behind it (outside the bubble) and having a macro to keep firing and reloading with their guns to cheat exp. If you have two engineers do that you could get potentially infinite exp without some time cap.

People still will be resupplied by your Ammo drop.
  6. DeadAlive99

Firstly, meters in pc games always feels like feet, at least in every game I've played. They say 'meter', but they mean 'feet'. It's a bizarre industry standard. lol So yeah, the range is actually 7 feet. The way to test this is to drop your pack, stand on top of it, and then line up in a straight line with a metered target, like a generator. Read what the meter says (e.g., 157m), then move away from it until you reach 6-7m and test.

As to the pack that stops functioning, I've been noticing this for days now. I've filed a couple of bug reports on it, but it's seriously annoying because earning xp/certs is hard enough as it is without getting ripped off by a buggy pack, and this being double xp weekend, it's extra frustrating. It does seem to only happen in the big battles.

Other ammo pack bugs of note:

* Game allows you to drop ammo pack when indicator is red, which causes pack to disappear and also starts the cooldown timer. So, you have to wait on the timer even though you didn't actually drop a pack

* Something happens where you can no longer hold the ammo pack in your hands at all, regardless of the timer. I don't know what causes it or what specific situations it occurs in. I've found two ways of fixing it. First, you can try deploying a turret, and then switching to ammo. This worked for me a little while ago. 2nd, if that doesn't work, logging off fixes it.
  7. DeadAlive99

Well, that just sucks. lol So, legitimate users end up penalized because of cheaters. I guess it will always be that way. :(
  8. Mockeryangel

I was playing my burster max earlier on woodman and ammo packs didn't seem to resupply me more than once, I think it happened on my medic too, I'll go check it later.
  9. Indigo Eclipse

I certed the final level of ammo kit as well. Then I did a few distance tests. Apparently, if you drop one via your Turret-kit (Kit, press B to switch modes) your cert upgrade doesn't work. If you put your Kit into your utilities slot and drop it that way, the distance is MUCH larger. Submitted a bug report. Try it yourself and see.
  10. Technologist

Yes it's messed up. The turret slot dishes out level 3 packs and you can't deploy the fully certed pack.

Someone could also create a second account and a macro where the player dumps ammo packs 24/7 every 3 minutes in the warp gate. After x weeks you'll have thousands of free certs for your second user name. To do this you would need to make a full copy of planetside on a different folder on the same PC or run it on another PC. The station name needs to be different.

The way I know it will work is because I was experimenting and made a test dummy account so I can fly and bomb on the liberator at the same time. Your second character needs to be on the same platoon and you release seat permissions. Your not cheating because your still going to get murdered in the sky and the enemy will kill two people but at least your plane won't crash out of the sky when your dummy pilot sits in the # 1 seat.

The second account is like asking your friend to fly up to 1000 meters at a known point and just sit in one spot and hope you get a kill before you both die.
  11. FateJH

I just encountered an issue not half an hour ago where the alternate fire mode for the MANA turret was overriding my normal Ammo Drop; and, then, I realized I am not aware whether or not they ever changed the behavior of that anyway. So, bugged or working as intended?
  12. Shiladie

The turret alt-fire ammo pack now benefits from the certs you've spent on ammo pack.
    This was fixed a couple patches ago
    maxed out my ammo pack, and I see a lot of good use of it. It can cover most of a room to resupply, and sticks around for 6 minutes, which is a long time in PS2.

XP wise it's arguably worth it, as you can get a tonne more resupply xp with it.
    Tactically it's definitely worth the certs.
  13. Xocolatl

I believe the cert gain is capped, so that should be one thing.
    By the way, Auraxis food is so good, plus the atmosphere is weird, so most humans mutated to about 3 times their size as on Earth. Hence, what feels like 7ft is actually in fact 7 meters. It is also why you can take 8 bullets to the face and still be alive.
  14. Dhrys

The 7 meters is probably 7 feet, seems that way. They need to fix it. Don't think I believe the XP cap at 200 in 5 min. 200 xp from the ammo pack is just not that much. I've had pack out with a herd of Maxes and others, blazing away for minutes at a time. Probably got 200 in 90 seconds. I have had it quit resupplying, and I needed the ammo.

Oops, just read the post from Indigo Eclipse, was going to test that today. Makes me wonder what other issues are specific to the Turret ammo pack vs the regular ammo pack.