Refund my SC when you change a weapon.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rylan, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chriss

Listen man, you are playing an MMO, heck even just online games have balance tweaks.

You agreed that they can change whatever they want whenever they want in that handy document you didn't read before clicking "Accept"

They will always change the weapons to balance the game, they don't owe you any refund at all. That is simply the risk you take buying weapons (that you could earn with certs) in a ever evolving (newly released) MMO.
    • Up x 1
  2. Rylan

I agreed they can change whatever they want about two posts ago - I'm not sure you're reading. What they don't have the right to do is advertise an item, sell it, and then change it so that it is completely different to the item purchased.

Do you ever wonder why the US is the one of the few countries in the world that believe an EULA supercedes your legal rights?

That said, I'm not even arguing that. Shall I tell you what's completely legal, fair and right? People like me not paying a single penny more towards this game for fear that our money will be devalued. Bad move before Christmas. Bad move if you want to make money off your game.

You'll change your tune when it's your turn and I'll be there, supporting you, but wishing you hadn't helped them get away with it the first time.
    • Up x 1
  3. FA_Q2

Sorry but this is an ignorant response and here is why:

First, it has been sad many times in this thread that the problem is not that they are balancing the weapon. It is that they are changing it entirely. This is akin to taking a HA LMG and changing it to a sniper rifle. Its original operation is entirely different. Specifically, they purchased an all round weapon for its versatility only to have the versatility removed. That is not cool at all. We are not talking about balancing, we are talking about fundamental changes on already purchased items.

Second, and more important here, is the fact that the use of the phrase 'they don't owe you any refund at all' as that is entirely missing the point. It has nothing to do with 'owe.' The OP is not demanding legal action. They are not saying they have any right to anything at all. What they are saying is that it would be good business practice and if SOE want to see more of his/her cash (as they most certainly do) then they are going to have to make the act of purchasing things pleasant. You have to WANT to spend money here. If something like this happens it leaves a sour taste in the mouth of the purchaser. It comes to mind with each additional purchase as well. Every time they go to put money down they are going to think 'gee, should I buy this or is SOE going to screw me over again.' And before you ask, it is meaningless whether or not SOE actually screwed you over or not, it only has to do with your PERCEPTION of the transaction because that is going to have the largest direct impact on separating you from your money in the future.

The flaw in your (and the other naysayers here) is that you are looking at this as a matter of owed and rights when it is a matter of keeping as many customers happy and, by extension, continuing to spend their cash. By all rights, SOE should be doing exactly as the OP asks because it is the most equitable thing to do no matter what you feel is 'right.' I doubt they will, I guarantee they will lose money for not doing so and I doubt it is going to have a major impact as well. The game will go on and SOE will still earn some money, just not as much as possible.

I would add that it might be quite likely that SOE did not bother to keep track of the means used to purchase such items and that may be one thing that stops them from refunding the certs. Sure, they could refund the weapon is straight certs but that sets a precedence that I think will cause more harm than good. One where you purchase a weapon right before a major change/nerf, get those certs back and then use them on an ability like nanoweave. Essentially, you have bought certs in this manner. In order for them to refund you, they are going to need to establish how each customer paid for the item and refund them that way.
    • Up x 3
  4. siiix

i agree i'm SUPER angry !!!!!!

F how ever came up with this idea of messing with the rocket launchers !!!!

leave it alone !!!!! we dont want that in that patch !!!!

or i want my 700SC back OR a 50% refund for braking my weapon... thats NOT what i paid for !

this is not balancing this is BUTCHERING a weapon !

possible workaround make a rocket launcher for let say 1500certs / 1200SC that can kill both tanks and air, i simply have no opportunity to switch fast enough, and the locking on thing is just idiotic somethimes that tank or plane is right in front of me i dont have time to wait for the lock to engage ... as for infantry ... really how often do you think an infantry gets killed by rockets ? because i know its once ina blue moon , its so frekin hard already... and then there are the turrets i need 6 rockets to take one out... you realize that it will be impossible to take them out with out the rocket, and i cant just switch back and forth because there are no terminals nor surrenders all over the map... this change will mess up the entire game, air will dominate the battle because i for sure will rarely use that launcher, turrets will be undetectable, and tanks will gain significantly less damage where they already strong enugh... its the dumbest change you at sony came up so far ... JUST DONT DO IT
  5. NexAnima

I personally like the change to the RL, its not like vehicals where you cant just change your load out when the situation changes.
  6. dasbluemedic

I agree completely with the OP, and think the argument works equally well regardless if someone bought the weapon with station cash or unlocked it with certs.
    The OP purchased a weapon, he deserves to get the weapon *as described* - like any other purchase. There is also a simply remedy to the issue: take the weapon back, refund the SC/Certs, renew the trial period on said weapon. Easy.

Anyone who argues different misses the point entirely. Yes, the game will always see balancing, but that is not what is at issue here.
    • Up x 2
  7. DJPenguin

The intended role for these weapons is irrelevant to the complaints people are addressing. Some didn't buy it solely because it's to be used as AA. And it didn't have to be. And people bought it on that premise. And now it no longer works.

only in vidya games can you change something as advertised and get away with it. having worked in retail for 6 years i wouldn't dare argue with a customer if they wanted a refund on something that doesn't work the same way as they bought it just a few days or weeks prior, lest i wanted to lose my job. Asking for a SC refund so it can be spent on something else is not a lot to ask for, as is uncommon IRL aka store credit. If they don't it's just bad business on their end.
    • Up x 1
  8. Eric Smith

Not. One. More. Penny. That's exactly how much more they'll get from me if I don't see some refunds.

As has been said, this isn't about their obligations, or our rights. This isn't about what is legal, or even about what is ethically correct. This is about keeping customers happy.

And an unhappy customer will give them:
    Not. One. More. Penny.
    • Up x 2
  9. Alexander Angelos

Shut up! He paid for what he got not for a weapont that will be remade! Well all I can see that air is as powerfull as tanks, only more exposed.

If you want to get money whenever the devs balance anything you should get them, so that people would think twice before making something...

It's reasonable to see things being changed slightly, if you finish your project it should be finished, it's not beta...

Don't say "If I / I would" you just buy and we will look at you ********...

PS.: I sence a raging 13 year old here :3
  10. Kediec

I've bought both lock on launchers on 3 chars ( 1 on each faction) and i disagree about needing a refund. The weapon is being made as it should be.
    SOE have the right to change items within their game which you agreed to ( and so did everyone else ).

As it is now ( before the patch) i rarely if ever use my AV lockon, because the AA one does enough of a job all round, that to me = broken.

After the patch, my AV lockon will become fully useful, and i will now need to pull it or the dumbfire standard to fight vehicles = AS IT SHOULD BE.
  11. Kediec

In that case, every single MMO i have ever subbed to owes me a **** ton of money due to all the changes they made when i was paying......*sighs*
    Oh , and welcome to the death of the gaming industry, because with that attitude nothing would ever get developed and new ideas wouldn't be tested / created .

I haven't seen anyone say Planetside 2 is " finished", and no MMO ever is, because they are constantly being changed / adjusted etc etc etc

So what does that make you when you expect to be given money for every single change made ...... 13yr old and entitled ? .......
  12. Monnor

So you want your money back, cause the AA launcher works only with lock on against aircrafts, which is his purpose. Dont you feel yourself a little loopy ?
  13. Megrim

I agree with the OP. If a weapon's stated _functionality_ changes, Sony should refund the station cash (not the money). They will still keep our money. To the people in this thread who are saying we don't "have a right", we are customers, and to use your own words, you are the idiots, morons, entitled, 13 year old, and you should "shut the hell up and play the game" because "we don't care about you" either.
    • Up x 1
  14. Goden

HE IS REQUESTING A REFUND BECAUSE THE ADVERTISED "DUMB-FIRE" FEATURE OF THE RL IS GOING TO BE REMOVED

Please get through through your heads people. It was ADVERTISED as doing a certain thing, so people bought it - now that feature is being removed. I would say they should be given a refund for this reason. You can't lure people to buy something with an advertisement and then take it away from them once they buy it. That's wrong on so many levels. (and in many places, illegal - if used on a real product)
    • Up x 1
  15. Babaganoush

It's like the Diablo 3 forums all over again.

TOS people.

Or are you going to threaten a "class action lawsuit" lol
    • Up x 1
  16. MasterSith88

It was advertised as an anti-air lock on missile launcher. Go look at the description, doesn't say anything about dumb fire mode in it.
  17. rGlory

You bring strange reason, that if you personally do not need refund, then nobody needs.
    The weapon is being made as it should be? Fine, why they did not make it that way in the begining? Just to make more people buy it and then screw them up? Yes it is some way of doing business, but it will become unprofitable very fast.
  18. rGlory

You forget that for TR, NC and Vanu description could be different.
  19. Monnor

Oh really , well i wanted to buy his weapon too, and noticed it works same like the default , but you can lock on a aircraft too. It was absolutly clear they will remove this. You ever wanted to buy the antitank launcher ?
  20. MasterSith88

I don't play NC but the TR anti-air rocket launcher doesn't say anything about a dumb fire mode in its description.

Here is the NC's Hawk description from beta. I don't see the words dumb fire anywhere in that description...

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Hawk_GD-68
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.