Refund everyone who bought an AA launcher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JonniTheJuicyJ, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tykrom

I'm with SOE on this one. I bought the AA Hawk to kill those pesky planes with rocketpods. This now makes my AA launcher even better?!?! Sure I can't attack a tank with it now...but you can easily go to an infantry station and change your loadout back to the default launcher. I can't wait to kill more nubs in their planes!

Go NC!
  2. DeadlyShoe

I think if you tried that in court the judge would not be amused.
    • Up x 1
  3. Solvite

No judge will give you 40 dollars because Sony made your rocket launcher better and you cried anyway.
  4. Aghar30

To those thinking you can get around the EULA with legal stuff in europe, you paid for station cash/ whatever they call it over there. Which means your courts will look at your case, laugh at it, and throw it out. Or if it actually does go to court, you will be spending much more money on your courtcase (sony will fight it because of how little money it is). Either way you are 1 step above braindead.
  5. Razeth

EULA is irrelevant; this establishes the rules. It is still up to SOE whether it pays attention to them. If they were smart they would simply issue refunds of the station cash for the 2 launchers. I don't see the downside as they still have the money in the pocket...
  6. Solvite

Hypothetically couldn't Sony just ban his account, as they retain the right to terminate his service?
  7. Solvite

Because they lose out on the money you'd spend on another item.

People asking for a refund bought the AA launcher because it was an upgrade, and now that it is a side grade (like it was meant to be) they are mad.

So sad, too bad, this game isn't pay 2 win.
  8. VoidMagic

There is no downside for SOE, they still have the cash, customers are happy and continue to spend cash. If they stonewall this, they lose, no need for courts, we all vote with our wallets and walk away. The issue isn't this launcher, it's whether we can count on SOE to keep the "promise" of the functionality on the goods they sell.

I realize this is going over the heads of alot of you, however, if it's not this launcher, you will figure it out eventually, hope those of us that already get it... get SOE on our side... so you never have to understand it.
    • Up x 1
  9. Stolen_Insanity

Using digital currency has the same laws governing it as PayPal, money orders and Western Union Transfers.
    It doesn't matter what you buy with it, if it is not fit for purpose, you are entitled to a full refund if you want it.
    • Up x 1
  10. DeadlyShoe

The AA launcher (and to alesser extent the AV launcher) does much less damage than the dumbfire. It was always a sidegrade.
  11. Drunkenhero

It is a better change, one I am glad is coming. If you are wondering by chance I own both the AV/AA for Lightning/MAX/HA. It did less damage dumbfire into a tank anyway. Glad to see this niche weapon getting a buff in the one area any smart played would use it for.
  12. Razeth

well they do miss out on future purchase of station cash if they refund station cash I suppose. For me, this would make me more apt to buy station cash. I just got some back, I spent it, now I want more to spend on other things. Sort of the same concept of a steam sale...the economics of the sale are irrelevant because the result regardless is a massive increase in full price sales RIGHT AFTER the sale weekend.

Anyway I hope they refund the station cash for these. It wouldn't kill SOE to be a little better with the shop, it has had a lot of bugs.
  13. VKhaun

This is completely wrong. The game is always going to be subject to nerf and buff.

I gave the post a like because they are fundamentally changing the weapon. It can no longer be dumb fired at ground targets since it requires a lock to fire, and does not lock ground targets. This is NOT the same weapon I paid for anymore. It has been fundamentally changed.

Please include refunds or free certs in the patch for all heavies who own this weapon, or prepare for a rush of customer service tickets including my own.
    • Up x 2
  14. DaninTexas

One thing I am learned reading these forums. People complain like babies over everything. lol

So pathetic. If I was SOE - you file your little claim for $30 - I would just give it to you then perma ban your account/IP/hardwware from using any SoE service again. lol
  15. Gavyne

It's amazing that they boosted something, according to all players that it needed to be boosted, yet you want to get a refund out of it. They boosted what the AA rocket was designed for, in other words they are making it BETTER. I know I bought the AA rocket for anti air, I didn't buy AA rocket to use for ground to ground as the default rocket did more damage. I also know you and any one else bought the AA rocket for anti air purposes, let's not pretend anybody bought that rocket for ground usage as it's crap for ground due to lowered damage.

People never cease to amaze me.
  16. Drunkenhero

Crying over 7 dollars? /fail
  17. Bags

People want a refund because the upgrades they bought (AV/AG rockets) are now sidegrades with the beginning rocket.

There was no reason to use the dumbfire RPG when it did like 10% more damage at the loss of a lock on and it had a drop off. The AA rocket fired straight with no bullet drop.

The AA/AG rockets were better dumbfires than the dumbfire.
  18. Darkian

Pretty sure in small claims court, there are no lawyers, and the owner of the business has to be the one who shows up to the hearing, which would end up costing SOE more money in travel fee's then it would cost just to give the person their 7$ credited back to their account, of course they could counter claim. Not to mention if SOE doesn't show up to court, don't they rule in favor of the plaintiff automatically? Your more likely to win in a small claims court against a large business since there is no lawyers allowed though.
  19. Garrand

EULA's don't always hold up in court. Don't be silly.
  20. Gavyne

Only for people that don't know how to aim a tad higher based on the distance of the object you're shooting at. The drop off was not enough of a negative for me to give up 10% more damage, which is key at taking out targets using the rocket launcher. I've used the AA rocket on vehicles before, and it sucked so bad I stopped using it. Now they are finally boosting the AA rocket for what it's made for, I'll actually use it again. Longer range, faster reload? Just exactly what's needed for Anti Air. I see no sidegrades here, I see upgrades.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.