shut up about rocketpods... please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZoSoGetsu, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reizod

Yes, it SHOULD if I'm in a freakin fighter VTOL! :eek: If I were still on the ground running around with the rest of the softies then I would think it too would be "funny" have to coordinate to kill me. However, I've been known to use a mean Lasher inside a BioLab. :rolleyes:
  2. ZoSoGetsu

That sounds more like a coding problem with the walls than a balance issue with the weapon itself.. I doubt that is intentional, and I agree that needs to be fixed, but they dont need to touch the weapons themselves to do so. If its any consolation its happened to me too... great example of one of those w t f deaths..
  3. Tamas

Most people exaggerate stuff about ESF.

Like how many salvos it takes to kill a tank. How many rockets you need to fire at infantry and that explosions block sight.

I play everything, before you qq even more about em having some preference.
  4. ZoSoGetsu

Umm.. single headshots do kill infantry with bolt actions.. Also i didnt say exactly real to be at sim standards, but im sorry. Rocket after rocket landing on somebody in a sim would mean bloody chunks after the second one lands, but even in a game they need to hurt infantry. Hands down. If they want to release AP rockets with little explosive splash effect, then fine, but explosive ones need to tear up infantry at least to the point you are dead in the open. I didnt mean EXACTLY real, but it needs to at least be BELIEVABLE.
  5. Judicator Wombat

You didn't address the part where none of that other stuff, like ESF surviving multiple missiles and direct flak hits, is believable in the slightest.

You've got a pretty serious case of the double standards here, where you insist that rockets be held to some standard of "believability" but don't care about holding everything else to that same standard.
    • Up x 1
  6. PyroPaul

Make 'spam fire' have minor accuracy decay.
    a Cluster of 16 rockets hitting with nigh pin point accuracy in a window of 4 seconds isn't 'okay'...

And if you want to argue 'realism'...
    The Jet Wash created by the rocket actually alters the flight path of subsequent rockets fired from a 'pod'.
  7. Eric Smith

This game isn't attempting to mimic reality 100%. Not even 10%. If it were things would be WAY more brutal all the way around. 2-3 rockets to take down a plane? Try 1. 6-8 bullets to kill a man? Try 1-2.

This game is trying to portray a fun combat environment. And that means fun for everybody, not just the guys in the air reigning RocketHell down on the softies running around on foot. If the people on the ground can't do anything back then it becomes significantly less fun for them. And most newbies at least start out on the ground, so making the game less fun for them results in a lot of bad side effects, like loss of players and loss of revenue. But besides that, even veterans will eventually get sick of having to choose between doing boring AA guard duty or being the kicking bags for Air, and they'll move on to another, more fun, game.
    • Up x 1
  8. Dornez

Nerf rocket pod splash just like the zepher
  9. ZoSoGetsu

10. Twign

Look up helicopter gunships, you'll find a dozen heavily armed and hovering types that can use rockets, in fact I'm pretty sure the reaver takes design cues from the Apache attack helicopter.
  11. Twign

Maybe you should play a different game.
  12. ZoSoGetsu

So you are saying air should be removed from the game entirely then.. That would be a more sensible alternative to having aircraft with weaponry that does NOTHING. Infantry should fear air in ground attack mode. Period. Otherwise, just remove it from the game. I love air, even when it kills me, but having it in the game and undermining its effectiveness in a combat situation makes it a pointless gesture that will also disappoint players.

GET OUT OF THE OPEN, SILLY!
  13. Eric Smith

Why don't you put some more words in my mouth? Those ones that you just gave me tasted like straw men.
  14. ZoSoGetsu

One dumbfired rocket kills an ESF. Two lock on missiles put one in the red, end result being tapped with a few bullets or death by burning up before you can land to repair. I killed a reaver the other day as a medic with a cycler TRV that had already sustained some damage, and thats the CQ rifle for gods sakes. ESFs are NOT flying tanks like you are making them out to be. They can die quite fast... Especially mosquitos..
  15. Eric Smith

Ahh, the ultimate answer from the ESF pilot who doesn't want to get nerfed. What if everyone does go play a different game, will you still be having fun in your ESF? Or would you rather find ways to make it more fun for everybody?
    • Up x 1
  16. ZoSoGetsu

Your signature says it all..
  17. Admiral Ackbar

Well.. Gatining certs in this game is generally ridiculous.. I think just making it 100 exp for 1 cert will satisfy everybody..
  18. Rutok

Ok, where to begin…

Some people (qqers) seem to forget that rocket pods are not exactly free. They actually cost quite a lot. Added to that, you also need flares and some form of airframe upgrade for your fighter of choice. AND you need an upgrade for the secondary gun if you want to kill anything with it. That gun also needs to be certed into because it eats through ammo like no tomorrow.

But god forbid you have to drop some certs on an auto aim AA rocket launcher or a second burster for your max.

And the incredible double standards in the arguments against rocket pods.. “they are good against everything!!1”
    But so is the HA rocket launcher. Even a carbine can damage ESF enough to make them at least turn away for another pass. How about we make rocket pods use different ammo for infantry and vehicles but in return you also need AA ammo (that you have to cert) to hit a jet? No? didn’t think so..

There is no way to nerf rocket pods without making them either completely useless or at least severely overpriced. They are unguided ffs. They are harder to aim than anything else in the game.

Shure, a guy in some youtube vid killed 65 players before dying. But it took him almost 40 ***** minutes! I really don’t get it: some people in this game seem fine with throwing themselves into the meatgrinder at the crown, rushing up that stupid hill and getting killed over and over again.. but when they get killed by a guy that spent at least 7 bucks on a weapon for his vehicle its suddenly unacceptable?

Every time I read a post how rocket pods are so op.. the only thing I see is “Well, there is something in this game that I cant kill on my own with that Carbine I carry.. I don’t like that!”
    • Up x 1
  19. Eric Smith

Where, exactly, did I ever say to remove air, or even to nerf it into the ground? I've got significant issues with both Air Power and AA, but I never said I wanted it removed. That's your straw man to beat about.
  20. Compass

I have an issue with an ESF taking a 120mm cannon round and staying afloat. At least cause it to catch fire...
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.