2 hackers in 1 day ............

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RAS, Dec 4, 2012.

1. RAS

This problem is going to get worse unless we get some way of informing a csr who can be contacted straight away

Myself and alot of others reported these two TR players who i won't name , hopefully they'll get perma banned its just a shame we have to put up with them till either we log or they do

Any mods want to give us a better way to attract a csr's attention ?
  2. BadMannerKorea

Look, just because you get owned doesn't mean they are hacking.
  3. VKhaun

Rabble on the forums means they know they need to do better. When people stop encountering blatant hacks there will be no more rabble and just a few rare threads where we can argue if it was skill or hacks. Both sides are good. No need to flame people for making threads and no reason for mods to delete threads. Both are just masking the problem's best indicator.

And by 'the problem' I mean the game's QUICKLY expanding reputation as being a hack free for all, not the actual individual hacker in a report or thread. Smedly posting, twitting, or interviewing doesn't aleviate that in the slightest. I like the Smed, but he doesn't factor into the PR side. No game company is going to go out and say WE ARE HACKED AND WE CAN'T STOP IT (except Rocket lol). People looking to try a game don't ask the company's people. They ask other gamers who've played it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Rockit

Hey RAS. WildVS here. what do see?
  5. Dornez

Lol he said they caught 1 hacker. He never even replied with anything to the effect. We banned him, and he can no longer make accounts.

I don't care how or why, I want to know they can no longer create accounts.
  6. Rockit

7. hostilechild

I am curious, why it is alway TR supposedly hacking? Never seen someone say NC and rarely VS that i remember on the forums. Is TR attracting the newbs due to the OP posts? Attracting a younger crowd? That OP? Of the few times i thought someone was "hacking" not just exploiting, it was TR. (infiltrator lagging up side of walls to building roofs to snipe) (infiltrator lagging through shield to kill in spawn)(tank lagging through shield)(infiltrator shooting 5 HA in 5 shots as fast as dominoes falling as they came over a ridge). Others i assume were server caused glitches of annoying issues (warping/ghosting).
  8. Deathrus

they still can and you know this. IP and IDs can be changed by persistant exploiters. Thats why I hate F2p without some verification.

Most negative hackers hack for money, selling aimbots/hacks makes money. Just becuase his accounts are banned he can make others easily and continue updating his code and find new exploits.

What lowers this is adding verifcation. Now hackers will have to steal identities to test the protypes out.

The hackers have to ask themselves this question? Is it worth the FED time. You'll get a HELL NO from msot seriours hackers trying to make money from a feww 2 play game.
  9. Rockit

Oh I see this conv is graduating to low levels?
  10. Garrix

OH MY GOD TWO HACKERS IN ONE DAY! BE SURE TO LET THE 3000 OTHER PEOPLE YOU SAY IN THAT SAME DAY KNOW THAT LESS THAN ONE QUARTER OF ONE PERCENT OF PLAYERS ARE HACKING!
    • Up x 2
  11. VKhaun

This is so tinfoil-hat-out-there it's not even funny. :confused:

Really the answer is not verification, but to stop the hacks through programming changes. You can't stop all hacking that way, I kn ow, but you can bring it down to an acceptable level by preventing them from making anything that's like DOWNLOAD THIS and it works for a year before it's patched, by randomizing or rotating things within the code so they're not the same from hour to hour, or load-in to load-in for the player, or whatever juncture works.

I believe that's how it was explained to me that PS1 did it, but I'm not going to start a conversation above my knowledge. I'm just saying they should give patching and defending a try before they go to verification.
  12. Rockit

Are you gay?
  13. Rockit

*** = ***?
  14. VKhaun

Rofl... there's only two active hotspots on a continent and only two active continents for a faction, if you're lucky. A blatant TR speed/aim/shield hacker is screwing up the game for a quarter to a third of the opposing faction on that server.
    • Up x 1
  15. Deathrus

Explain to me the motives of making money is tinfoil? The guy who sells the aimbot has made thousands since beta according to his counts

Verification would cut down on some and the tactics you descirbed would help. the overall goal is to minimize it and make it rare. Players will find exploits anyway without manipulating code.

And while using stolen socials and CC cards is FED TIME. you better hope the alaphabet boys don't catch you.
  16. TheGroggyOne

I honestly am having a hard time telling whether or not someone is hacking. Just this morning at Glacier, I was running around the top and another TR was following me shooting. He hit me several times, but did no damage and everywhere he looked you could see the bullet sparks. At the time I left, he had been shooting none stop for over 2 minutes. If that's a hack, it's a lame hack.
  17. VKhaun

^
    The motive of making money isn't tinfoil. Everywhere you're going from it is. I'm not going to derail the thread to explain to you why. If it makes sense to you as you type it twice then we're done here. I can only hope you don't derail this guy's thread into a pointless argument.
  18. Evilnox

Is there a way to turn off the profanity filter so I can actually know the exact word people are using when I just see "*********"
  19. Deathrus

I actually understand your point and agree with it :).
  20. Exmortius

/report "player" that give a player bad karma if more people report the player then GMs check them. i think they are still working on leaderboards and such once all that data is accurate it'll be another tool against hackers too. this game is still very new. they'll be banning a lot of toons soon i'm sure. dev team is pretty good they'll get it sorted out.