VX6-7 seems lacking for CQC...

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Nathanielx, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Nathanielx

So after reading all of the great reviews about the VX6-7 on the light assault in close quaters, I picked the gun up. To me it feels a lot like the stock solstice, yet I seem to get more kills with the solstice in close. I alway aim down my sight, and center mass my shots for accuracy. Still feels like I kill faster and with more success with the stock solstice.

I picked up soft points thinking this would increase my kill speed some, yet it still feels under whelming. Anything thoughts to what is a miss here?
  2. Siluria

3. Siluria

If you want to feel real power of CQC, get a Shotgun Like Nova, Pandora, Thanatos.
  4. ghnurbles

The VX6-7 is magnificent. If you always aim down your sights you're doing it wrong, because the gun has very tight hip-fire with the laser dot. Try to get in the face of your enemy more often with your jump jets, and strafe them while hip-firing.
    • Up x 1
  5. CombatWeevil

The VX6-7 is a fantastic CQC carbine, but attachments make the gun. Also, stay away from soft point ammunition, it has a really wonky not sure if functioning properly behaviour about its range / damage impacts.

Back in beta VX6-7 could get access to high velocity ammunition. Now that...that was beastly.
  6. Nathanielx

Thank you for the replies. I see it has two upgrades for laser sights, I'll have to invest in those, and try fire from the hip. I'm addicited to iron sites though.
  7. Nathanielx

Can you have the forward grip and laser sites at the same time?
  8. CombatWeevil

No, they both use the same attachment slot.
  9. Dezrik

If i remember correctly, Soft Points actually reduces your damage by a marginal amount for both close and long range shots.
  10. CombatWeevil

Soft point increases damage slightly between like 10-15m. But decreases it outside of both ends of that range...It's overall fairly poor.
  11. jak

Definitely get the laser dot, makes hip fire so much better on this gun.
  12. Bosjem

VX6 has really good hip fire accuracy (especially with laser or grip). If you are more confortable aiming down sight (like i usually do) it might not be the gun for you even with the right attachments but hip fire the VX6 let me won a lot of fire fights thanks to been able to firing accuratly (at close ranges of course) without loosing the time to aiming down sight and been able to strafe side to side while maintaining a good accuracy.
  13. Erendil

The level2 laser sight is what really makes the VX something special. Its hipfire CoF w/ the lvl2 LS is so tight you can effectively engage targets while on the move out to about 40m.

But it also gives you one other added bonus: the ability to consistently hit yuor opponent mid-flight in all but the largest indoor locations. Being able to corkscrew in the air around your enemy on a full jetpack burn or vault over shelves and cabinets or even your enemy's head while accurately landing shot after shot makes the VX an absolute terror indoors.
  14. Moor

I like this weapon but strange as it sounds it feels like it is worse after adding the soft point ammo cert.
    • Up x 1
  15. Moep

And thats why i removed sp ammo after testing. its horribel.
  16. Sandman2055

17. Chiss

Just a heads up, i did lots of tests with Soft Point today.

It literally did nothing, at all ranges.

No damage changes.
    No velocity changes.
  18. Krrr8or

Several people pulled data from the game files. You can find several different spreadsheets they are correct use them along with the ps2 wiki to see what attachments you get and voila you know how to be OP.

As for the VX6-7 un-upgraded it was almost as good as my upgraded GD-7F pathetic really.
  19. ChironV

The PRIMARY use for this gun is to Cert the Laser Rail Fully. Your CoF while jumping or flying is tightened up. The ONE place where this gun shines is from the hip. With the Laser rail fully certed you have nearly the same accuracy as sighted. While playing run and gun it is brilliant. When facing off a foe I generally use my jet pack at every opportunity to gain the Z advantage. This gun is the best for from the hip shooting.
  20. Sandman2055

How do you know they're correct? In any kind of valid testing metric, the methodology is always reported along with the results. I'm not saying they're wrong, I'm just asking how do you know they're right? Is there a thread of damage where this is listed?