1 rocket volley 1-shots a tank...thought this was fixed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Halcyon, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Tuco

Rocketpods are anti-tank huh.

I thought rocketpods were anti-infantry, anti-tank, anti-max, anti-air. Wow I was mistaken.
  2. Goden

You know what rocketpods are

They're anti-fun.
  3. Deneroth

HHHHHHhuh
    whiners a gonna whine, what can I say.
    I play mainly ground, almost all the classes and vehicules, just so you people know I'm not biased to air.
    As I mentioned in my previous post (which got ignored by everyone... I might cry for that you know?) the OP got killed TWICE by rocket pods in his playing session, as I said I don't know how much he played or how often he used heavy armor, but that doesn't sound like a lot to me. Sounded more or less like he complained about the fact he didn't have time to respond and that he couldn't do jack against air.
    First of all I read most of those posts, and I'm amazed, have most of you whiners guy never played air or what? You speak like if there was no AA and that people flying could go as they please without dying ever, though the best pilot in my outfit can stay alive for very long in his reaver, it's because he is freakin skilled! I pilot (almost) as often as I play other stuff and I can assure you most people can't stay alive for very long in the air (if you are not just staying in friendly territory doing nothing obviously). IT IS DIFFICULT to rocket pod the rear of a heavy tank, not extremely difficult, but still you get shot from all enemy forces near you because you're close to ground and stationary. Also light air takes damage FROM EVERY FREAKIN WEAPON ingame, even from the infantry's sidearms, I once almost killed a mosquito with my engi's main weapon, it's a damn carabine! So stop whining, I mean, do you get killed more often by air than ground? I seriously do not, I have been killed from rocket pods and liberators very rarely and I play ground infantry the most. Just because you don't fly and don't understand how things are up there you are not entitled to say it's so easy and op.
    • Up x 1
  4. AlesTwo

There is a simple fix for rocket pods: have them fire 4 shots each clip (6 on TR) with a 3 second reload time and of course increased ammunition storage to compare for the lower clip size.

Now effectively the aircraft can still kill a tank, but the tank driver has time to actually react and try to evade. As aircraft has the ability to attack tanks from their "blind spot" (from right above), they can still hunt and kill that tank, it just now takes at least some skill to do that. Compared to what we have now: "Damage? From wh.. oh dead."
  5. Halcyon

Where in my OP did I say the tank should attack everything? I didn't.
    I said tanks should survive longer then 3 seconds against fighters.

Stick to the point of discussion or don't post with your "CoD counter-argument" garbage.
  6. G1n

more whining due to lack of skills/perceived view of how things should be.
  7. Ujelly Trollicus

i don't think a single volley can kill a vanguard, maybe it just needs to hit the rear armor, idk, but i've never been killed in just one.
  8. Evilnox

It seems well known to me that if you want to farm easy fast xp, pad your K/D ratio, you fly and get some rocket pods and wreck everything on the ground with ease.

I don't often get 1 shotted while in a tank. I usually get blown up by heavies that peek out of cover a bunch of times, other tanks and tank mines (ZOMG instant death?).

I thought it was common knowledge that the rocket pods were overpowered though. I think the only people who defend them are the ones who abuse them or have friends in their squad that do.
  9. Deneroth

Which only proves you think poorly, the only friend in my outfit I had who was "exploiting" them just left our outfit for another which is focused on air, and I do use my reaver with rocket pods from time to time but I'm not too good with it and usualy don't get more than 2-3 kills. Still I will defend the rocket pods, because they aren't "omg so op" (I won't explain why I think so, made two post already).
  10. Jackflash2

It takes longer than 3 seconds to fire a 14 round volley. Try again thanks.
  11. SKYeXile

I feel like this:

[IMG]

Everytime i practically gib a tank, and i love it.
  12. DirkDeadeye

I've never been killed in one volley.. I've had half my health taken away, or whatever. Liberators generally do a better job of killing me than ESF's.

In my experience one faction is pulling ESF's the other two, or just one of the two are not..they're generally pulling MBT's and sunderers.

SolTech - NC hardly ever pulls Reavers.. But you got Scythes and Mosquitoes everywhere.
    Matterson - Vanu pulls some scythes. But the Mosquitoes are just unbearable. I don't interact with the NC as often there..so no idea

So in these situations..I do get harassed by air. And I think that has more to do with my own factions not pulling ESF's. And generally TR or Vanu controls the sky (depending on the server)

Most of my deaths in MBT's are by heavys using high ground and cover (no complaints) and just getting worn down by being outnumbered.
  13. Ranik

Actually...

VS = 3.07s
    TR = 3.1s
    NC = 3.14s

last I checked.
  14. {joer

I died in a video game and it took me a few seconds to go back to where I was doing the same thing. You need to nerf that thing that killed me because I don't want to work as a group or join a competent outfit.
  15. MNO

Vocal minority whinging again?
  16. {joer

And exaggerating.
  17. Jackflash2

I'm not sure where you pulled those numbers from but they must be highly trained rocket-podders. Anyway you would still have to incorporate distance from target and time for those rockets to impact making the person i quoted obviously a exaggerator. Unless he let a mosquito/reaver/scythe sit right on his head and fire rockets.
  18. Ranik

Like I said. "Last I checked."

This was at the very end of CB. Haven't tested salvo time lately. However damage is still the same.

And an MBT can and will die in 1.5s from rear armor. Or about 5-6 seconds from top armor rocketpodding + nose turret.

Again. Last I checked
  19. PoopMaster

It doesn't always 1 volley kill, depends on where you hit it, but I think AA should be as deadly as rocket volleys.
  20. LtJoeBob

Just so you know I don't play this game so you know I am not biased at all.... wait i do so i must have some vested interest in these topics to comment here.....

Honestly stop with the BS back stories on why your right, its your opinion and nothing more.