SOE, please admit your mistakes.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by illinar, Dec 2, 2012.

1. RankWinner

I will never understand this type of thread. What do you aim to accomplish by posting this?

Do you think that SOE want their game to be buggy and unoptimised? Do you think that they want to lose potential customers, alienate part of the player-base with older computers and therefore make less money? No, of course they don't. The attitude I always see in these threads consists of people writing as if SOE don't care about how successful the game is.
  2. illinar

you got to be kidding me. fuall
  3. OldMaster80

The fact they're not sharing their bug tracker with you does not mean it doesn't exist.
    Imho at the moment performance and stability come before bugs: as I said I'm not experiencing any real critical "game stopper".
    If you feel frustrated just imagine how frustrated they are: forced by the business plan to release the game when it wasn't still ready and blamed every single day by people that is playing the game for free without even supporting their effort with a subscription or buying a camo in the shop.
  4. illinar

Stop, or I'll kill my self.

Putting words in my mouth rather than read what I say is probably fun, but it lead conversation nowhere.
  5. daveee

You guys need to be a bit more forgiving and stop moaning.
    Half of what you guys say weren't apparent in the beta due to the limited number of people playing so many bugs didn't show there face.
    The fact they have made a game like this is truly astonishing and should be glad it even exists and is at least playable, and if you guys haven't read the sticky at the top of the forum, optimization is a continuing process which will last for the foreseeable future.
  6. Cuchilain

I think this is all super simple. The game is built to make money, and LoL is the only game that has this business model that i ever spent money on, but i ended up spending several hundred dollars on it. And its the EXACT same business model. So if planetside 2 is going to make any money from me (and oh god will it), it needs to be playable. Ive already decided i want to play this game for the long run, and even in the unplayable state im tempted to get some station cash, but then i remember, "what if it never gets better?".
    So, what if the game gets canceled because not enough of us buy anything? We didnt buy anything because we cant play the base game well enough to get invested in it. Or even more likely, all our money went to the hardware industry instead of planetside 2. So intel and nvidia will be giving a big round of applause to SOE around february when people start getting their tax returns and spending all their money on upgrades. But will PS2 make anything from allllll that cash? Not a penny. After spending 500-1000 dollars getting their pc's up and running for PS2 those people MIGHT toss 10 or 15 to PS2. And lets watch the posts now that are going to say PFFTTT PLBBBBTTTTT, and then come back up and read this again. Simple economics. Thats why im convinced that PS2 is a conspiracy contracted by the big hardware industry to have SOE put out crack that gets us addicted and forces us to spend massive amounts of money to 'get a little more'. Its genius.
  7. illinar

All my bugs were spotted in beta and reported. Only complete malfunction of VoIp probably wasnt there.
  8. mancho

This game is peace of ****,why they lunched it with tons of bugs?10 months beta and they haven't see those stupidly bugs srly?I do rather wait one more year and play a perfect optimazed game with no bugs and glitchs,then this crap.alredy tons of people left.**** GAME IS **** GAME and those who leave already knows that
  9. Cuchilain

its these posts i find hillariously ignorant. PAY ME FOR A GAME THAT YOU CANT PLAY!!! i just posted an entire paper about how they are trying to get us to upgrade our hardware. They actually get a fat cut from intel and nvidia. OR they bought stock in those companies. LOL. Id buy stock in them right now if i could. Because when us nerds start getting cash from tax returns and holiday payouts, we are going to pump their value.
  10. Knocky

Why are you complaining? You already said you haven't paid a dime to play this game.

Why can't you just say "thanks man" and go about your business of leeching?
  11. Cuchilain

He might be complaining for the same reason i do. Because he likes the game/idea and wants to put some money in it, but cant justify said transaction because the experience is subpar. If i give someone a $5 dollar chicken sandwiche, will you pay me $5 dollars for a **** sandwiche and then smile? If i give you a **** sandwiche for free, but tell you that you can have the chicken sandwiche some day soon, then ask you if you WANT to pay me for the mouthful of ****, would you pay me now or later when you got a chicken sandwiche?

P.S. i just realized im some kind of genius translator. I can translate common sense into something trolls can understand.
  12. illinar

I wish I could talk to them. But I just cant. They must be trolling or have some serious cognitive disorder
  13. OldMaster80

Lol you guys seeing conspiracies everywhere make me laugh a lot. So, SOE is actually owning Intel or Nvidia and they're working behind the scenes to make us upgrade our machines. Dude, THIS is seriously ignorant :D
    They have serious problem with performance, and that has nothing to do with our machines it's just coding. On the other hands devs clearly stated (and if you read this forum you will notice) that a lot of players are actually trying to run the game on machines that do not even meet the minimum system requirement. Then a smal part of players is currently upgrading their system, but imho that's their choice and no one is forcing them to change processor / GPU. If some run the game on a 4 yo laptop SOE can't be blamed.
    Going back to the OP, I find very fun that he's pretending SOE to admit they made a mess with PS2, even if he's playing for free and he didn't spend a single cent so far. There's nothing to complain about, PS2 launch went exactly as every beta player expected because everyone knew that game wasn't ready.
    As far as I see it those who want high fps and no bugs should 1) check that their system actually meets minimum system requirement 2) uninstall and check the game later in 2013. That's all.
  14. Cuchilain

It was a joke. So at least you laughed, but in a conceited self serving manner.
  15. MXXVI

This thread was rather pointless to begin with, and seems to have now descended into angryinternets

The developers have already acknowledged that the game needs work, and that they aren't happy with its current performance.

People seem to forget that this is an MMO, and that no MMO has ever had an entirely stable release. And considering that most MMOs have a nice safe macro-based combat system, and don't have PVP battles of this size...
  16. illinar

#################CLOSE THE THREAD###################
    STOP THAT NONSENCE. ALTERNATIVE THREAD IS CREATED.
    If you didnt expirience all the problems that I and hundreds of others
    had, and you didnt try to reach developers to make the game better as
    much as I and others did, and didnt found the lack of answers from
    developers, than you dont know what its all about.

When you have an issues that are ruin the great game for you, and
    you try to resolve them, but no solition exist and no feedback from devs,
    it is frustrating, and to not feel that way, and to feel that that they do
    care about players we want to know that we have been heard, and
    developers are aware of the issues we are having.

The most simple solution here is the Known Issues thread on the
    forum. New discussion is created for that, to avoid bunch of people
    that are dont know what they talking about to turn thread into complete
    mess where people dont understand each other

ALMOST IN EVERY THREAD ON THE FORUM THERE ARE FRUSTRATED PLAYERS AND NO FEEDBACK
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/soe-please-respond.55622/
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/voice-not-working-can-hear-cant-transmit.57970/
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-is-still-in-a-beta-state-fix-the-bugs.58002/
    This are just 3 from the current top 10
  17. SuperLexatron

My feedback is with my wallet.

When I feel this game is something I'd pay for, then I will.

Until then, i'm just going to pretend i'm playing open beta.
    • Up x 1
  18. Knocky

Oh noes! I have been insulted on teh interwebz! Whatever am I too do! :-(

That is how the free market works in a non-socialized country. If they make something worth buying then the people will buy it. That is where the crux of the issue lies though, each person is looking for something that pleases them. Nobody has yet made the product that everyone wants.

My favorite class has been turned into my most hated class (cloakers into snipers) yet here i am paying and playing.

Why? My Outfit.

Without my Outfit I would not be playing this game at all.

Get some friends people, this game is great surrounded by friends out there.
  19. Gary

After that i stopped reading. Why? Because this is your opinion. My experience with the support is great. The responses i receive from the support whether its in game or through the support site is great. Not to mention the responses you receive on the forums. Then also receive plenty of input/replies from personal messages to TSR members.
  20. SuperLexatron

I already play with a great number of friends, some from RL, some made on PS2 - these friends are not going to fix the issues that continually make the game unplayable and un-enjoyable for me. Unoptimised, lag, consistent bugs.

In fact you say ''Without my Outfit I would not be playing this game at all'' doesn't that suggest a severe lack of something on SOE's end of the bargain? I should imagine you are just exaggerating though.

To expand on my original post: I play this game to occasionally have a lag-free bug-free enjoyable time (with or without friends), and in that time I can provide small bits of feedback about issues in gameplay, bugs, lag etc - what I would consider open beta.

I will pay for this game when it feels like a polished game with reliability in enjoyable (or even acceptable) gameplay. I'm not looking for total balance and everything in the game has been perfected - but i'm certainly not looking for it in it's current state.